2nd British serviceman admits they were at fault. Are you friggin kidding me?

The Brits WERE at fault. Get over it.

Really? Huh...I know a few "Brits" and from what I've learned in talking to them over the years is - if they really WERE at fault, Tony Blair would have come out and said so, he then would have done a major mea culpa and would be trying to get them released.

Don't we have someone who's originally from England as a member here???

Jose

Wingwiper, you severely overestimate the Iranians. They are chickenshit hostage takers afraid to take on a real military. Just like their Arab brothers.

Been that way since 1979.

It isn't just about Iran... We are spread over several battlefronts now. Iran sleeps with North Korea and who knows who else. They have Nuclear power, to an extent. They may have the WMDs that were in Iraq. They have the other Arab nation Support, they have other Asian support, they have ties with France, Russia and others who would love to support a war against US.
Iran could lead the world into the War and not even be that important. They have Oil, good place for a base, Russian or Asian or other. If we pull out of Iraq which seems to be the direction the democrats want, then Iraq falls to Iran and who will want to go back and try and get it back? The same Democrats? The Republicans? Nope! no one... Iran knows this. He knows it is a matter of time before he can move in and take over Iraq. He knows when he does, he will have control over more oil and more resources and the U.S. and the U.K. will be unable to do a thing about it. Think! we have problems now? They are growing by the minute. Pelosi has shit for brains as does Kennedy, Schumer, Boxer, Leahy, Sanders, Reed, Feinstien and many many others. The problem is going to get bigger and then we will be making it bigger. So big that the only way around it will be a full scale WORLD WAR and the next one will not be as gentle as the last one.
During WWII a B-17 Bomber could not carry as much of a payload as ONE F-4 FIGHTER. The Ordnance was nothing as compared to what both sides have now. This isn't going to be Camels and bolt action Enfields. Oil fields will burn, waters will get polluted, air will be black, Chemicals will be dispersed and many many will die.
These people do not care if they live or die, but they know their enemies do. They are ruthless, filled with hate and have a thirst for blood and are accustomed to death. Are we? jesus, we live in a country that thinks Bush is a Hitler because of some nudie shots taken in Abu Garcia Prison and that has been labeled as TORTURE. We have terrorist in GITMO that have held the hair of their victims and then sliced the head off with a knife, slowly and sloppy. These people are now using Children to get by check points and then they blow them up. Do you all think they care about ROE?
It is a very very touchy situation there and unless we are prepared to go all of the way, we need to be very careful. We went all of the way in Iraq and Bush issued the warning it was going to be a long war and look at us just four years later. Do you really think we can just go in and Bomb them? Tony is less popular than Bush. Good luck.......

Last edited:
These people do not care if they live or die, but they know their enemies do. They are ruthless, filled with hate and have a thirst for blood and are accustomed to death.

Exactly! During the cold war, we knew that the Soviets had no more desire to blow themselves up than we did, which is why the MAD principle worked so well. Now, I agree, Iran does not give a rat's ass what happens as long as their enemies, and all non-muslims die. I am fully convinced that they would not hesitate to use nuclear weapons anywhere at any time.

I am fully convinced that they would not hesitate to use nuclear weapons anywhere at any time.

Which is why we must be twice as ruthless and strike first. With nukes if need be.

But most Westerners continue their delusional path of negotiations. f***ing morons.

Jose

You never start a battle unless you can somewhat predict the outcome.

Iran is pretty vast to use a nuke big enough to take out such vastness. That would cause problems elsewhere and possibly endanger the boots on the ground in Iraq and in other surrounding areas, not to count how many other potential current allies would turn against us from being pissed, we used a nuke. Now if all of the BAD Iranians were in ONE location, fine nuke em. but they aren't they are very spread out and a nuke would be rather worthless.
Unfortunately the only way to kill Iranians is the way we are doing it in Afghanistan and Iraq.

Captive Sailors

The Brits have different ROE`s then we do. They were on a standard boarding party. lightly armed. The story I read was that as the approached the freighter they had air cover from a helo from the ship. once the helo saw that their was no resistance from the ship it returned. The Iranians grabbed them when they were coming down the ladders to return to their zodiacs.
The Iranians were originally monitoring them from a standoff position.
This was all setup. This is how Iran reacts when it`s feet are being held to the fire. We grabbed 5 of their Iranian Guards in Iraq last month. One of their Generals disappeared in Turkey in December. Reports say he defected to us or the Israeli`s.
That being said I can`t figure out why these Sailors and Marines are allowing themselves to be manipulated into giving statements. The Iranians aren`t stupid enough to torture them. If I was the NCOIC of this bunch I would have made sure they all understood the code of a POW. Name,Rank and serial number.

Jose

You never start a battle unless you can somewhat predict the outcome.

Iran is pretty vast to use a nuke big enough to take out such vastness. That would cause problems elsewhere and possibly endanger the boots on the ground in Iraq and in other surrounding areas, not to count how many other potential current allies would turn against us from being pissed, we used a nuke. Now if all of the BAD Iranians were in ONE location, fine nuke em. but they aren't they are very spread out and a nuke would be rather worthless.
Unfortunately the only way to kill Iranians is the way we are doing it in Afghanistan and Iraq.
Wow, when did you get the promotion to General?

Jose

Wow, when did you get the promotion to General?

I think even a Private with a few ounces of common sense and a dash of knowledge in World Affairs could easily see what I have been saying. Doesn't take a General to see it, may take a General to give the command though.

Back
Top Bottom