• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

I would not wait to cancel everything. If it turns up it is a small hassle to get new cards and stuff. But it could be a lot more aggravating to get any charges reversed if someone uses them.
BTW glad your OK.

Call the bar and see if they found it, otherwise cancel everything.

You should just be able to call up the DCJIS and get a new copy.

Anyone know if it's a pain getting a new copy of the LTC? That walked away with the wallet.
Depends on the town. I lost mine once and got it back in 2 weeks (Plymouth). I friend of mine lost his and it took a month to get it back (Fall River). Results do vary.

Btw, cancel everything now. Don't wait.

StevensMarksman

Your "gat"? [rolleyes]

At least he wasn't pulling a job.

Anyone know if it's a pain getting a new copy of the LTC? That walked away with the wallet.
The issuing POD can order a new copy and have it for you in about a week - if they want to be that fast.

Once they submit the request, the old LTC is invalid. I'm not sure what happens if a cop calls in to check on the LTC, but I have been told that MIRCS will not let a purchase or E-FA10 go through on an LTC once a replacement has been requested.

48193558.jpg

If you didn't see this coming, your "gat" wouldn't have made any difference.

Situitational awareness is everything. Perhaps yours will improve now.

You should have cancelled everyting last night.

You do have a photocopy (or list) of everything in your wallet, right ?

Go back and check nearby garbage cans. I got mugged a while back and someone found my wallet and all of its contents (minus the cash) in the trash and returned it all to me. Sorry about the shitty night.

Did your buddy get the girl's number?

"gat" lol

You know if you turn a gat sideways they shoot around corners. Pushing the gat forward as you fire also increases the deathness.

The two drunk jerks assessed you as a mark and robbed you before you even knew what was going on. That happens a lot on Lansdowne Street and the surrounding area. You're lucky all they did was take your wallet.

Do as Twigg said.

You're lucky you didn't have your piece, as it would probably be used today somewhere in JP or Roxbury to knock over a liquor store or similar type establishment after it was taken from you by those thugs. There's nothing you can do when someone catches you off guard, and it's not always 100% preventable, but situational awareness goes a long way to keeping your possessions in your pockets.

Isn't illegal to conceal carry when drinking in a bar ?
If the cops found out you were packing while drinking in a bar I bet you would lose your LTC . Especially in anti gun Boston .
If you are going to drink , leave your gat home !

Any opinions on whether I should cancel everything or wait it out a day to see if the wallet turns up at the bar or police station? No activity on any of my cards yet.

Fist off - that sucks - glad you are ok. Not sure I would have shot anyone but pulling out a pistol may have stopped them cold. Then again if they were able to snatch a wallet what makes you think would not have snatched a gun if they found it before you got it out?

Call all your bank/credit card companies asap. You will not be liable and they will start investigating any charges made after the theft/loss. Get new cards sent in the mail asap as well.

Back
Top Bottom