All will be fine. I wouldn't cancel anything until there are at least 100 replies to this thread. Surely it will end well.

-Proud to be dad every day, a licensed plumber most days, and wish I was a shoemaker on others.

Isn't illegal to conceal carry when drinking in a bar ?
If the cops found out you were packing while drinking in a bar I bet you would lose your LTC . Especially in anti gun Boston .
If you are going to drink , leave your gat home !

You can carry anywhere you like. You can't be drunk (many interpret this as drinking, period) while carrying, however. That being said, this situation illustrates why some people carry OC whether they're carrying or not. It gives you a little something when you aren't going to be carrying, and it gives you an opportunity to downgrade a situation where bringing a firearm into play might not be that smartest option. Pulling a gun on a weekend night on Lansdowne St. when no other weapons are involved is never going to end well.

You can carry anywhere you like. You can't be drunk (many interpret this as drinking, period) while carrying, however. That being said, this situation illustrates why some people carry OC whether they're carrying or not. It gives you a little something when you aren't going to be carrying, and it gives you an opportunity to downgrade a situation where bringing a firearm into play might not be that smartest option. Pulling a gun on a weekend night on Lansdowne St. when no other weapons are involved is never going to end well.

This. Get the situational awareness up, stop looking & acting like food, be thankful they didn't get the gun along with the wallet

File a report with District 4 in Boston down on Harrison Avenue. They have some of the better officers in the city and probably will be able to get the clowns that mugged you in a line up sooner or later.

If you had your gun on you I'm not sure how well things would have gone for you (in legal and political terms) since alcohol had been involved. I always carry OC living in the city unless traveling to a specific location where it is prohibited.

Last edited:
Yeah I probably don't have enough "street cred" to use that word.

Anyone know if it's a pain getting a new copy of the LTC? That walked away with the wallet.

It has nothing to do with credibility, it's just that using the word "gat" to describe a gun makes you sound like a fool.

<snip>
You know if you turn a gat sideways they shoot around corners.
www.cornershot.com

Now improved with "stealth cat" mode ! [laugh] [popcorn]

48e71f35.jpg
06e3291f.jpg

When you drink in bars (especially in the city) you sometimes get jumped. If you shoot two guys that jump you when you leave the bar, you are going to jail.

Cops, judges and most other grown ups assume you are a dooshbag when you drink in bars with your bros until 2am. You will find no sympathy from them or the jury.

The girls you meet in bars are not worth the time anyway.

BTW, this is coming from a guy that used to drink in bars with his bros like a dooshbag until 2am.

Last edited:
Good to hear you go your wallet back. I am kind of thankful I look individuating in real life being a big dude with alot of tattoos Have never been in a fight at bar or leaving one

Even though you got the wallet back, cancel your credit cards anyways. Who knows if someone jotted down the relevant numbers (cc#, exp date, security#) and your "billing" address off your license for a rainy day in the future? Say they wait a couple months then give it a try... All of a sudden you're getting screwed, it may take a while to notice it, and who knows if your CC company will be as forgiving.

And yeah, that includes the EMTs and paramedics who come to the scene to take you to the hospital. I did that a couple of thousand times over the years. It's worse downtown and in what used to be the Combat Zone, but Lansdowne Street and Kenmore sucks these days too.

When you drink in bars (especially in the city) you sometimes get jumped. If you shoot two guys that jump you when you leave the bar, you are going to jail.

Cops, judges and most other grown ups assume you are a dooshbag when you drink in bars with your bros until 2am. You will find no sympathy from them or the jury.

The girls you meet in bars are not worth the time anyway.

BTW, this is coming from a guy that used to drink in bars with his bros like a dooshbag until 2am.

Belly up to a bar. Piece should be resting at home. Mace or taser if you need I guess. I don't drink so I'm always "gatted up" and always always always be suspect of suspected suspects I suspect.

Glad your ok.

Back
Top Bottom