That sucks. Cancel everything.
Years ago I dropped my wallet. It showed up in the mail 4 days later, with the $20 cash missing ... oh well.
Obviously this was not a "gat" case. I am a staunch believer in always carrying pepper spray as first line of defense in these kind of situations where it is not imminent danger to life or serious bodily harm.

Glad you are ok.

If you HAD you "gat" that night you could have as easily lost it like you did your wallet.

Glad you got the wallet back!

That sucks. Cancel everything.
Years ago I dropped my wallet. It showed up in the mail 4 days later, with the $20 cash missing ... oh well.
Obviously this was not a "gat" case. I am a staunch believer in always carrying pepper spray as first line of defense in these kind of situations where it is not imminent danger to life or serious bodily harm.

Not to get off track, and sincerely not looking to break your balls here, but strictly for curiosity sake:

Ever use that pepper spray before? Been exposed yourself? Exposed someone else and dealt with it?

Honestly not looking to bust your chops, more curiosity. Feel free to PM if you don't want to incite an NES CF.

gator-needs-his-gat-back

Not to get off track, and sincerely not looking to break your balls here, but strictly for curiosity sake:

Ever use that pepper spray before? Been exposed yourself? Exposed someone else and dealt with it?

Honestly not looking to bust your chops, more curiosity. Feel free to PM if you don't want to incite an NES CF.
Formal training is a good thing, in everything.

MFS has a great course, if you are interested.
http://www.massfirearmsschool.com/class/pepper-spray-i/
Next one is April 20.

It is strongly recommended by many CCW instructors, especially if you are not in your prime, a woman, or of small build with no marshall arts proficiency.
Iven Ayyoob in his famous book "In The Gravest Extreme" recommeds it.

If some a*****e who is drunk or high, whatever, decides to beat up on me or tries to rough me up but I am not in not imminent danger for grave injury, just a broken nose, , escalating it by brandishing mught get me into much bigger trouble.
They teach us to draw only if we decide that we need to "stop" the other person.
We already know warning shots or shoot to disable does not work.

So pepper spray gives me the intermediate, "less lethal" solution to give me a chance to de-escalate the situation and get away.
Of course that may result in a few cases for the attacker to get more enraged and now put me into a position of sustaining imminent grave injury, in which case, I would be totally justified in "stopping" them.

However, most of the cases it will at least give me a chance to get away, and the attacker will never know how lucky he (and me too) was that I had pepper spray.

Because if I did not have pepper spray, I would not have myself be beaten up with a gun in my holster, and deal with the years and 10's or 100's of thousands of $$ consequences.

If you are going to drink , leave your gat home !

Or in the bushes...

John T. Murrett, 26, allegedly stowed his legally-owned gun in a bush near a Tremont Street playground after security at a nearby nightclub barred him from entering while carrying the weapon, the office of District Attorney Daniel F. Conley said. When Murrett returned to the makeshift cache, the gun was gone.
- See more at: http://www.boston.com/metrodesk/201...9DEdsVpK8bxmM/story.html#sthash.Cx0ouyNk.dpuf

http://www.boston.com/metrodesk/201...mont-street/oCMAhHoYt9DEdsVpK8bxmM/story.html

And sorry, i forgotm here are the answers to your 3 questions...
No,
Yes, lightly when I was in the wrong place in the wrong time during college when police decided to use it for crowd control ,
No

I worked in the bar business in that area for many years and carried 24/7. My best advice is to never get within arm's reach of anyone.

I was out last night on Lansdowne street having a couple beers with a friend. Walked out of the bar and two drunk jerks tried to jump me right up against Fenway after my buddy ran up the street to grab a girl's phone number. I didn't get hurt or scuff them up any worse any than a bloody nose, but right after I noticed my wallet was gone. I can't be completely certain that I didn't drop it or leave it at the bar but I'm hoping it turns up.

Any opinions on whether I should cancel everything or wait it out a day to see if the wallet turns up at the bar or police station? No activity on any of my cards yet.
That is why I carry a 6-oz. flat sap when in Boston, Lawrence or other questionable cities. In a close-up fight, a sap can knock out your assailant quickly and you can dispose of it readily, unlike a gun. They are easily concealed and cheap as well, going for about $12 in NH. Definitely cancel your credit cards, though. At the very least, put a fraud alert on them.

Back
Top Bottom