.22LR fascination? Please explain.

Perhaps I'm out of touch. Personally I always got bored quick with the round. Can someone explain the fascination and hoarding I've seen and read about over the last few years?

Reasons I can see and understand.
Ok obviously it's a cheap round.
You just simply never get tired of sending rounds down range.
You have kids you want to introduce to shooting.
Preppers- ok you can carry a thousand rounds across country and survive a post apocalyptic scenerio. ( I think that's kind of silly but hey it's a prerogative I wouldn't fault anyone for).

So what's your reason?

Once I saw some in wallyworld, it was like seeing yeti. I stared for a bit, aghast, proclaiming; it is real! Other than tat I'm with you, health or limited ability aside, shoot a .45 then shoot the .22lr. I don't know much, but bigger bang make more fun had.

Skinflint round. Suppressed its pretty cool. Overrated for anything beyond these two. Really overrated for training.

I have guns I like to shoot chambered for 22lr...M&P 15-22, Ruger MK3 pistol with an awesome trigger job that's good for 100 yard targets and my favorite, a ~65 year old single shot bolt action that is just relaxing and fun. All of them help me and my kids learn how to shoot better. All of them provide different shooting experiences (there are all different types of 22) and usually cheap. I think I will take the bolt action out this weekend.

Girl Scouts up to the age of 7 LOVE it. Anything beyond that, go to .223. Grown men should get their man card revoked for shooting that stuff.

Must get pretty expensive for you monster killers out there cause everyone knows they MUST be silver bullets. [wink]

Blasting out a couple boxes of any caliber of Liberty Civil Defense makes getting a "Holy shit! Wtf is that?!!?" look from newbies you brought to the range worthwhile. Stuff is insanely loud.

I don't know ?
See in my little head if your not having fun shooting 22s then your not really into shooting.

From a Jr. Right up until today . I love plinking with the 22 . I get a laugh out of trying to stretch its limits. From shooting from the bench to off hand with the 513t @ 200 yards ( I suck but I still have fun)

Its also somewhat inexpensive unless you get crazy with it.....much like anything else.
There are many many types of firearms available at fairly inexpensive prices.

It's just fun and if you keep your stock pile up you can shoot when others have to hold back.

I'm also a pellet gun nerd...... I can spend lots of time shooting a tin can with my redryder with a silly grin on my face.....

I like to use it for riot control. Hit one guy in the shin and everyone else scatters.

This message brought to you by the letter T and the number 9.

It is fun to be able to pour 150+ rounds down range for a few bucks while everyone else craps out much earlier.

I enjoy mag dumping on 25 yard steel plates some times.

Skinflint round. Suppressed its pretty cool. Overrated for anything beyond these two. Really overrated for training.

Jeeezus.....what is not skinflint for you man....[wink] nothing really of it. I just seem to see you use skinflint often.

Lets see....some uses for .22 of the top of my head: Steel Challenge, Bullseye pistol, Appleseed, Small game hunting

National match gallery course, slow, timed, rapid. league shooting 300 or weekend sectionals 900
International smallbore rifle, prone , kneeling, standing. indoor 50 ft , outdoor 50 yds./100yds league 300, sectionals 1200

all shot with 22lr

Back
Top Bottom