• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

.22 rifle recommendations

Savage Mark II

Finally zeroed in the scope I got for mine, took off the cap of a soda bottle at 50 yards... what a feeling! Great stock trigger, too.

Last edited:
I have a Ruger M77/22 with a Nikon 4x scope. I love it but it's 4 times the price of the 10/22!!! With the scope I paid over 600.

Bought a Henry H001 lever action .22. Shoots longs, long rifle and shorts. Very smooth and accurate. Put a cheap scope on it for these old eyes.

My vote goes to the Marlin model 795 $140 out the door and usuallly there is a $25 mail in rebate and out of the box it will out shoot a Ruger all day. just stay away from hyper velocity ammo as it will beat the rifle to death and the gained power is marginal at best

Bolt action or semi auto ? bolt the new savage with accu trigger very nice gun, but for semi auto hand down 10/22 I just bought the target w/ bull barrel and comp trigger, shoot 1inch goups @ 100yards and sub 2inch @ 200yds

Yesterday I purchased my first 22lr rifle, and chose the Ruger 10/22 Takedown.... Shot approx. 100 rounds of Federal Value Pack today and it performed flawlessly. Very, very happy with the choice, and love shooting it.... Good luck, John

I love my 10/22. It's a 2008 Carbine model. I have a nice Bushnell rimfire scope on it, extended mag release and a poly buffer installed. I shoot it quite a lot. But about 3 years ago my father gave me a Winchester 68 he stumbled upon made in 1934. It's a nice little gun and I have never used it much but today I put 50 rounds through it. It's a bolt action single shot, which is slow, but it's still very accurate and a lot of fun. They're cheap and old-world Winchester quality- they stopped making them during WWII. It's a fine little plinker, I may buy another. They can be had for under $150 on Gunbroker and they are C&R eligible.

I love my Marlin 60. Tube fed mag and a minimum of 10,000 rounds through it. If I was buying today I would look at the 10/22 take down. Great platform just got really handy.

I have over 4000 rounds through my Ruger 10/22 since I got it new in January. It is such an accurate gun with no flaws in it. The only thing I had to modify was the bolt release : I made it an auto bolt release. The best .22 rifle for the money, without a doubt. [mg]

I have a Remington Scoremaster 511 that I paid $70 for. It was made in 1943, 3-4" groups at 100yds using cheap ammo and iron sights. Lot's of fun to shoot for cheap money.

Back
Top Bottom