• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

.22 ammo questions

I know there is still some ammo trickling into stores, but I haven't seen the 555 or 333 boxes in over a year.

Does anybody here know where these are (were) manufactured? Are they still being manufactured? I'd be curious to see if someone could follow a box of ammo, and see where it goes from factory to gun. I have a hard time believing it is being manufactured at all any more.

Let's see:
Federal
Remington
Winchester

Picked up a 555 box of remington at Dicks last week. Guy behind the counter said it's pretty elusive, usually only sticks around a few hours on the shelf.

I know shooters outpost a had pallet if 22 yesterday. Last I heard, they had sold 75k rounds yesterday by 4pm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk and 2 cans with a string

yeah i also grabbed a 333 at Walmart within the last week. It's scarce but out there.

Why can't they do the bulk packs on decent .22 LR ammo, instead of the crap with crooked or loose bullets, or the smoky, coal-fired powder, or the waxy barrel-clogging coatings, or the weak and inconsistent charges, or the missing primer chemicals?

I would pay decent money for a 1,000 pack of Velocitor.

The thing I have noticed recently is the all of the 22 seems to have a larger than normal dud count. I was suspicious of my gun (MKIII)so I kept all the duds and tried refiring them in another gun. None worked. I also tried a different gun 10/22 and had several duds. I have had issues with Winchester super x and the Federal 333 packs. Just to keep myself sane I pulled out one of my 550 rd packs of CCI Blazer and went through 300 rounds without a dud so I am positive it is not my gun. I also have not had any issues with the Remington GB as much as I don't like them. I think the companies are pumping out the ammo so fast that quality has fallen off.

I am astounded that people are responding they are finding .22 ammo. I am bummed that quality is indeed dropping while prices are still rising.

I guess I need to hit the stores and shops more. I just never see anything anywhere.

Watch the members forum. Have found typically when one Walmart or Dicks get .22lr, others nearby tend to get some also. It also pays to ask just in case it hasn't made it to the floor (wink, wink.) Getting there before it's gone is a different story.

Had some Winchester .22lr (100 pk) at the range today that had 4 FTF out of a SR22 that usually eats everything. Bought last week.

wow. 3-4 month delay. very strange, you'd almost expect it to be made last week.

the 333 and 575 packs have always had a lot of dnfs for me.
i only got to shot one box of the tactical22 but i liked it.
i prefer CCI overall, but this hasnt been a buyers market for awhile.

i really do not understand how these companies cant ramp up production, seems stockouts are rampant - are they really running these plants 24/7?

Shooters Outpost has been getting Federal and Blazer bricks, for....$34.99 I think. The Federal is 525 rounds, and I'm not sure of the round count in the Blazer. 1 box limit per customer. They also have 100rd boxes of CCI Mini-Mags for $8.99.

Shooters Outpost has been getting Federal and Blazer bricks, for....$34.99 I think. The Federal is 525 rounds, and I'm not sure of the round count in the Blazer. 1 box limit per customer. They also have 100rd boxes of CCI Mini-Mags for $8.99.

That translates to 90 bucks for 1000!!!!!!!!!

THIS is what I meant by coming up with some decent pricing on bulk packs of decent ammo. That is just too far out there.

I have about ten boxes of the Federal 550 value packs of .22 that I bought before the shortage went bananas.

Limiting myself to one round per range trip will help make it last.

I haven't seen any in the Worcester area GS's or Wally's or dicks. I did find one box of 22 shorts at Bullseye in Woonsocket so that was awesome lol.
I even tried to bribe a kid at Walmart to call me when .22 was there but he didn't take the bait.
A buddy of mine bought a sig mosquito and it only cycles cci's. He hasn't been able to fire it.

History is written by those who have hanged heroes.

I have about ten boxes of the Federal 550 value packs of .22 that I bought before the shortage went bananas.

Limiting myself to one round per range trip will help make it last.

Sounds like you should cut down on the amount of 22 you bring to the range. That's a little much don't you think?

Back
Top Bottom