.22 ammo questions

I def don't post photos of my ammo stash. Sorry.

Between a few Walmarts and Shooter's Outpost, I scored quite a bit. Some CCI minimags, Federal bulk packs, Blazer, etc.

You need to quit being a little bitch and negging every post of mine you can find. You have no right to call anyone else a troll when you act like one yourself first. An oversensitive, ammo hoarding, ignorant, negative nancy, troll who can dish it out but cant take it in return......

You need to quit being a little bitch and negging every post of mine you can find. You have no right to call anyone else a troll when you act like one yourself first. An oversensitive, ammo hoarding, ignorant, negative nancy, troll who can dish it out but cant take it in return......

Oh boy.....here we go....

I don't understand not seeing 22 in "over a year." I don't go searching for it, yet have been able to score plenty when out and about & see it on shelves. To each their own. It's definitely not plentiful enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

22 isn't plentiful but it's out there. I'm not seeing how it's impossible to find in a year. If that's the case I say you're doing it wrong. Any caliber requires more work to track down at this point. 22 isn't that much harder than the rest.

To those of you who are finding
.22 well good for you! I will say I have had a hard time getting it. When I find it there is a limit on it. Which makes it more challenging.
I know shops that won't sell you the brick they break up the boxes and I get my 150rnds. Instead of 500rounds.
I'm not bitching. I really don't care I get what I can get when I can get it. But I do wish it would be more plentiful.

Was at Kittery 3 weeks ago and Aguilla 500 rnds was $65! Hopefully this is a sign its getting better, or not. Thought they were asking a lot

Yeah, they finally figured out a way to keep ..22lr on the shelf. Oddly, nobody's buying it. I marked a brick, and went back a week later and it was still there. There may be hope.

I'd be in on this for 5k at less than $.10 per round, and I'll throw 1k at anyone who can pull it off.

Sent from my phone....which isn't really a phone anymore, it's a computer on my pocket

My wife and I try not to pass a Walmart or Dicks without stopping to check. I buy on average about 5000 rounds a month. Its out there you just have to find it.

It would be fun if they randomized the shelf stocking, just so it would mess up the everyday locals basically buying out all stock daily first thing in the morning on .22

Not whining, even though I don't have the time to visit 8-10 dealers on a weekly basis looking for .22 inventory that doesn't exist. Have not been able to hoard any myself since a prerequisite to hoarding is having a supply in the first place. Haha.

Maybe the stock is there weekdays and not weekends. I've not personally seen with my own eyes bulk packs of .22lr in well over a year and this is across big box like dicks, walmart, bass pro and small gun shops (about 6 of them) within a 30min drive of Milford.

I'd love to have 800-1000 rnds of mini mags or the cci tactical 22. (Or 10,000 rounds even)
I'd take the 333 or 525 if I find it.
Not interested in the golden bullets just due to quality and consistency.

I'll keep looking when I can, nothing much more I can do.... I'd love to see overall supply increase.

The new Bass Pro in Hooksett NH had a pallet of the 333 round packs on Sunday, and they said it lasted about 2 minutes. Only 1 per person allowed.

It would be fun if they randomized the shelf stocking, just so it would mess up the everyday locals basically buying out all stock daily first thing in the morning on .22

Not whining, even though I don't have the time to visit 8-10 dealers on a weekly basis looking for .22 inventory that doesn't exist. Have not been able to hoard any myself since a prerequisite to hoarding is having a supply in the first place. Haha.

Maybe the stock is there weekdays and not weekends. I've not personally seen with my own eyes bulk packs of .22lr in well over a year and this is across big box like dicks, walmart, bass pro and small gun shops (about 6 of them) within a 30min drive of Milford.

I'd love to have 800-1000 rnds of mini mags or the cci tactical 22. (Or 10,000 rounds even)
I'd take the 333 or 525 if I find it.
Not interested in the golden bullets just due to quality and consistency.

I'll keep looking when I can, nothing much more I can do.... I'd love to see overall supply increase.

Are you asking if they have any when you go in or are you just looking on the shelf? My wife and I bought our limit 3 days in a row at Dicks in Northborough two weeks ago. They had cases on the floor behind the counter so if you didnt ask you wouldnt see it.

rawlus I'll send you a PM on the other side of the wormhole.

Pshaw, [rolleyes], you guys are all complaining about how hard it is trying to find 22lr???

Try finding .380acp or 357. Now THAT's a challenge.

My wife and I try not to pass a Walmart or Dicks without stopping to check. I buy on average about 5000 rounds a month. Its out there you just have to find it.

yup you just have to be persistent & patient not so much with walmart in se mass, as they don't usually have much but I've had success at dick's

get to know the delivery schedule and stop by---works better then calling the store imho ( remember these guys have first dibs)

I've found lodge guys who will sell you over the limit if they know you as a decent sort who's not busting their nuts

5k rounds per month????? no. but 1k/month? yes-- at least in se mass

edit: rawlus ---I have 225 rounds of the cci tactical and I wouldn't trade it for a firstborn child----that s**t is GREAT FRIGGIN .22 ammo

Last edited:
Go to a Gun Show. You can score a 50 Round Box of non-collectible .22LR ammo, covered in green slime that probably came out of Hillary Clinton's panties, for only $8.00

If you like shooting 22s you need to be stocked up all the time. My dad planted the seed in my head early in my life.
My dads system has kept me in plenty of 22lr ammo.
1. Buy as much as you can. Preferable the ammo your guns like.
2. Keep ahead of your resupply..... buy 2 boxes before you go shooting the next one.
So in the next few months stop going to the range and go out ammo hunting.
Get that base supply on hand then start keeping your stock pile up and growing!

Ohh and the cmp is still waiting for their 35 million rounds of 22lr.... expected to be filled in about 2 years.

Last edited:
Over the past 4 months I've stockpiled a few thousand rounds. It's out there, you just have to look.

Here's what i've done to find it.
1. Like your local gun stores on Facebook they usually post when they get .22 in stock (most have no limits)
2. Swing in to Walmart or Dick's in the morning/early afternoon on weekdays. Don't bother on weekends it will be gone by then. I've have the best luck with Wal-mart.
3. If one Walmart has it in stock chances are that same delivery truck also delivered to the others in the area. I've hit a couple different stores on the same day and 90% of the time the other store has it too.
4. Try to ask or eavesdrop on Walmart employees to see when they're on break or off shift. I bought 3- 550rd boxes and the cashier mumbled that she could finally go on break. I walked out to my car, came back in, and scored 3 more 550rd boxes. That's 3300rds in one day.

Last edited:
I know there is still some ammo trickling into stores, but I haven't seen the 555 or 333 boxes in over a year.

Does anybody here know where these are (were) manufactured? Are they still being manufactured? I'd be curious to see if someone could follow a box of ammo, and see where it goes from factory to gun. I have a hard time believing it is being manufactured at all any more.

Let's see:
Federal
Remington
Winchester
The last 22 I found was win 333 probably 1-2 months ago at walmart

Yeah that would make sense for me, drive 3 hours and spend about $60 on gas and don't forget wear on car, to save $20 on .22's

Frankly the ammo prices in MA suck so badly compared to Riley's/Shooters/Collectible you will save enough money to pay for the gas if you are buying a bunch of other ammo, too. You can hit maybe 3 walmarts on the trip, too. (no sales tax) If you do it right you could hit all 3 in the same day.

-Mike

All the rest of my ammo I reload. Of course now finding powder is tough, I have about 5,000 primers of each type and about 15 pounds of various powders but it won't last that long.
I am down to 9,000 rounds of .22's so not a real crisis but each one I shoot is one less that I have. [mg]

Frankly the ammo prices in MA suck so badly compared to Riley's/Shooters/Collectible you will save enough money to pay for the gas if you are buying a bunch of other ammo, too. You can hit maybe 3 walmarts on the trip, too. (no sales tax) If you do it right you could hit all 3 in the same day.

-Mike

Bingo. I don't even bother looking in MA. I get up to NH about once every 6 weeks, & simply load up. Buy an S-load of stuff & the gas cost is negligible.

All the rest of my ammo I reload. Of course now finding powder is tough, I have about 5,000 primers of each type and about 15 pounds of various powders but it won't last that long.
I am down to 9,000 rounds of .22's so not a real crisis but each one I shoot is one less that I have. [mg]

Is it easy to get a permit from the fire department for storage? I couldn't believe it when I read the regs and you can only store 1000 primers without a permit... that's only one box...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom