.22 ammo questions

Is it easy to get a permit from the fire department for storage? I couldn't believe it when I read the regs and you can only store 1000 without a permit... that's only one box...
You might want to double check the regs. I believe you are missing a zero, but I don't want to put an inaccurate number out there

Last edited:
You might want to double check the regs. I believe you are missing a zero, but I don't want to put an inaccurate number out there

(a) Small Arms Ammunition

1. Not more than 10,000 rounds of rim fire ammunition.

2. Not more than 10,000 rounds of center fire ammunition.

3. Not more than 5,000 rounds of shotgun ammunition.

(b) Small Arms Ammunition Primers

1. Not more than 1,000 caps or other small arms primers.

(a) Small Arms Ammunition

1. Not more than 10,000 rounds of rim fire ammunition.

2. Not more than 10,000 rounds of center fire ammunition.

3. Not more than 5,000 rounds of shotgun ammunition.

(b) Small Arms Ammunition Primers

1. Not more than 1,000 caps or other small arms primers.

Sorry my initial comment should have said "Store only 1000 PRIMERS, that's only one box", I was talking about the primers, not the ammo. I had been thinking about getting into reloading.

Frankly the ammo prices in MA suck so badly compared to Riley's/Shooters/Collectible you will save enough money to pay for the gas if you are buying a bunch of other ammo, too. You can hit maybe 3 walmarts on the trip, too. (no sales tax) If you do it right you could hit all 3 in the same day.

-Mike

This is also nothing new. Back in the 80s family camping to new Hampshire always included pit stops to gun shops to stock up on ammo. I think the only time my dad purchased ammo in mass is when kmart had a sale. Road trips anywhere out of mass can be planned well enough to actually pay.
Get your shooting buddies together and make a list. My friend made a round about trip through new Hampshire and Maine. Came back with everyones punch list filled. We all gave him gas money. We tallied it up and saved approx 450$ over local average prices including cost of gas. In total he hit 9 stores. Approx time in each store was 12 min. Only 1 store was off his planned route. That was his trip to fourseasons on his way home to pickup his new M&P 9mm.

Back
Top Bottom