21 killed, 18 injured in shooting at elementary school in Uvalde, Texas

I have several family members who are teachers and all of them are anti gun liberals. I asked one of them their thoughts on having armed teachers in the school and she point blank stated she walk out and quit the day it started. Tough to overcome that mentality.
"good" get radical liberals out of schools so they stop brainwashing our kids

When I was 18 the federal government issued me an M16A1. Not a freakin’ wusifide AR15. Nor was there any libtard 3 round burst BS. And they didn’t make me ask my mommy.

If a person is old enough to be sent to kill or die for this country then they are old enough.

If they prove otherwise, we’ll then that is why we have law enforcement, courts and prisons.
Lol 120 years ago 16 year old kids owned a farm and ran that farm in the relative unknown frontier of the Midwest.

It was posted further back, but I'll bring it back. The Police Chief was promoted to city council....what the actual f***?

He'd already won the election a few months ago, I think.

They postponed his swearing-in, but I don't think they could come up with a legal reason not to install him. He could (and should) resign anytime.

Last edited:
It was posted further back, but I'll bring it back. The Police Chief was promoted to city council....what the actual f***?

Just an FYI, City Council positions are an elected position, not appointed position. He ran for the position and won the election long before this shooting.

The talking heads news show on CBS this morning showed an active shooter drill at a local NY school. They showed how the kids headed to the back of the room dragging their desks. They piled up the desks and they sat on the floor behind the desks with each kids holding a textbook against their chest or in front of their face.

Really? Is that the best we can do for our kids? Doesn’t seem very promising for those kids if a shooter gets in.
Politics is EVERYTHING to those in power. Arming teachers and hardening schools is not acceptable to them. This is all a means to an end. Total confiscation of firearms and an end to 2A is all that matters. If a few kids die to achieve that, seems like it is an acceptable means to an end for them.

No matter what gun control measures are passed, this will continue and crime will continue to get worse as the law abiding are systematically disarmed

Politics is EVERYTHING to those in power. Arming teachers and hardening schools is not acceptable to them. This is all a means to an end. Total confiscation of firearms and an end to 2A is all that matters. If a few kids die to achieve that, seems like it is an acceptable means to an end for them.

No matter what gun control measures are passed, this will continue and crime will continue to get worse as the law abiding are systematically disarmed
100% They dont care how many kids die as long as they take all the guns and have total power. That is the end goal, we all know they will do WHATEVER it takes to achieve it.

I have several family members who are teachers and all of them are anti gun liberals. I asked one of them their thoughts on having armed teachers in the school and she point blank stated she walk out and quit the day it started. Tough to overcome that mentality.
So, a win-win for the kids if they get protection from violent armed crazies and liberal indoctrination in one fell swoop.

Sounds like a feature to me. A twofer.

This is good provided both were actually being serious about it and not just being stupid kids making jokes in bad taste, which I think is probably much more likely. One is 10 and made an outrageous threat - did he have access to guns and a plan? The other posted “an image involving guns” and asked for directions to a school, because that’s what someone planning to shoot up a school would do - ask directions. Ruining kids’ lives over truly stupid kid shit isn’t the answer either.
Threaten to hijack a plane or assassinate the President and see how this works. Don’t raise kids who threaten mass murder if you don’t want them arrested.

I’m all for free speech but if your kids make credible threats to murder my kids I’ll make sure they are in front of a judge.

Threaten to hijack a plane or assassinate the President and see how this works. Don’t raise kids who threaten mass murder if you don’t want them arrested.

I’m all for free speech but if your kids make credible threats to murder my kids I’ll make sure they are in front of a judge.

Free speech? We're talking reasonableness here. If a 10 year old threatens to hijack a plane you want him in front of a judge? Or is that why you added "credible" to your threat to... make a citizen's arrest?

Free speech? We're talking reasonableness here. If a 10 year old threatens to hijack a plane you want him in front of a judge? Or is that why you added "credible" to your threat to... make a citizen's arrest?
Don’t be stupid.

Again, if your kids threaten to murder my kids there will be consequences. I promise you.

I dunno. Florida staties just bagged two kids who threatened to shoot up schools. FBI did nothing. Had nothing to do with Florida mental health budgets. Lives saved.
good on them, right way to do it. No one as far as I'm aware is saying the cops in TX didn't botch the shit out of this. That said, kids who do this shit are clearly mentally unwell. I don't feel bad for them per se, ventilate them, but early intervention and access to mental healthcare is another preventative measure that doesn't involved f***ing with people's gun rights.
I don’t know if this is accurate or not, but if so it was just 10 years from gun control to citizen massacre.

As terrible as school shootings are, thousands of innocent citizens murdered at the hands of their government — is worse.

View attachment 622047
probably a bit of hyperbole in there but doesn't seem far off.

Good. This is exactly why we need guns in schools. We don't need f***ing cowards in charge of children.

Absolutely crazy story. Reads like a movie script.

"The heroic Border Patrol agent who stormed the Uvalde elementary school armed with a borrowed shotgun to save his wife, daughter and 20 other kids from the active shooter said he was just trying to help as many people as he could while local police are slammed for failing to act more quickly.

U.S Custom and Border Patrol agent Jacob Albarado was off-duty and getting a haircut when he got a text from his wife, Trisha, a teacher at the Robb Elementary School, that a shooting was taking place.

'There's an active shooter...Help...I love you,' the text read."

agreed. My kids can take care of themselves, but I am now in that mindset with my grandchildren. The older I get, the less f*cks I give.

In the context of the discussion - the celebration of a photo of a 10 year old in handcuffs for saying he was going to shoot up a school and a teen(?) who got arrested for posting a "gun related" pic online with a joke about getting directions to the nearest school - that sure sounds a lot like "my generation and my kids' generation got to enjoy growing up in a world where we got away with saying stupid shit but now kids need to have their lives ruined for the same stupid shit because I have grandkids."

I think the point is whether it is credible to begin with, but I agree with you insofar as we are now beyond the point where such things can be glibly ignored by law enforcement without a serious investigation. With the Parkland shooter, and with the more we learn about the Uvalde shooter, it seems like an investigation would have found the threats to be credible. We have to adapt somehow because the Dems won't harden the schools and gun control won't work. The kids will adapt. I daresay they understand quite well already.

My post didn't say anything about waiting to fully assess a situation. I'm only pointing out that the BORTAC guys got there a full 40 minutes after the local cops first engaged the suspect inside the building. The BORTAC guys weren't in charge, and AFAIK they also didn't have the authority to relieve the local cops. I didn't know when I wrote that that it took the BORTAC guys 40 more minutes to act. That's a long time.
That's the problem, BORTAC didn't have any real authority on scene other than 'public safety'. Now, I'm the first to admit, you throw those two words in a memo and doors are kicked open.
There is no middle ground when it comes to my rights and freedoms.

Middle ground means CAPITULATION. And I am not willing to CAPITULATE any of my constitutional rights.
Sorry, don't know how to do the overstrike correction. So I did it in caps and bold for you. Now it reads better.

Compromise means we get something as well. So, UBC and NFA goes away? That would be a compromise I could maybe get behind.

In the context of the discussion - the celebration of a photo of a 10 year old in handcuffs for saying he was going to shoot up a school and a teen(?) who got arrested for posting a "gun related" pic online with a joke about getting directions to the nearest school - that sure sounds a lot like "my generation and my kids' generation got to enjoy growing up in a world where we got away with saying stupid shit but now kids need to have their lives ruined for the same stupid shit because I have grandkids."

The difference was that when you or I said stupid things it was before a small group that understood the context of the statement because they were there. It was said. It was over. Outrage was limited to those who heard it.

Now when they say something stupid, it is recorded for all time for thousands or millions of others to hear without the context of the moment in which it was said.

Take our teen with a "gun related" picture and a joke about directions to the nearest school. Were it you or me 30+ years ago in person, we might have gotten some nasty looks and some comments about "too soon" or "not funny" but it would have ended there... providing it was meant as a joke.

Now, that picture and comment are out there for people who were not part of the moment that created it to experience in a wholly unrelated context until the end of time.

If 30+ years ago one of us did something stupid in a sufficiently public forum, I might expect the same outcome as what we see today.

Remember, Barry and his liberal elitists issued directive to schools to stop "discipling" kids for violent or verbal assaults in schools because too many Black kids were getting suspended so of course it's racist. This policy directly contributed to crazy Nicky not being permanently suspended from Parkland schools. Point is liberals blame laws or lack of laws for violence instead of punishing/preventing individual from committing violent acts.

Back
Top Bottom