21 killed, 18 injured in shooting at elementary school in Uvalde, Texas

100% They dont care how many kids die as long as they take all the guns and have total power. That is the end goal, we all know they will do WHATEVER it takes to achieve it.
They don't care about the under 1% of the population that are criminals that will always illegally obtain/maintain firearms and act like criminals. They care about disarming the other 99% plus of the population that follow their rule and tyranny. That's why they turn a blind eye to the criminals and ignore them. They know they aren't going to stop them so they don't even try. In fact, they release them on bail and are even now pushing for cashless bail so they can get back on the street faster. Hell, they profit off the opportunities they create from their chaos.

I don't, but we had a principal once who tried to make us do exactly that. And there are always people who mess up and leave their phones.

What I'm not sure about is why she didn't just call 911 from the classroom phone, but maybe theirs couldn't dial out. I've had that situation before, too. No idea. Honestly, if I was in the middle of Movie Day on the last week of school and I saw a distant car crash through the window, it would never occur to me to call 911 at all. Especially if it didn't look like a serious crash.

Yet another unanswered question. But it seems she did remove the prop. The fact that it was there, a rock big enough to hold a heavy door open, suggests to me that propping that door was probably common practice.
Again, I don't work in schools but deal with commercial entry doors all the time. They can be over come by a 5 year old. A stone 3/4" in diameter placed on the threshold on the latch side of the frame will stop it from latching. A napkin balled up and stuffed in the latch will do the same. Unless you have someone stationed at each door, they're easily defeated. Alarms on timers help. Doors open for longer than 30 seconds or whatever and it sounds until it's closed or disabled. Consequences for people who prop them open would help as well.

TBH, my first instinct was they changed the story to save the teacher. No one wants to live with the fact that all those kids died because you propped a door open rather than grabbing your keys or walking around to another door.

Well, whatever. Blame who you want here. No one will be held accountable and nothing will change that will stop the next mass shooting.

The only ones that will be punished will be (like always) those that follow the rules and the laws and had nothing to do with this tragedy, unlike those that will be voting on the punishment.

If you are looking for someone to blame, the leftists that want gun control is the place to start. This lunatic probably wouldn’t even have been in this country if we had an even semi-sane border policy let alone all of the societal damage these lunatics have done with the destruction of faith and family in this country.

TBH, my first instinct was they changed the story to save the teacher. No one wants to live with the fact that all those kids died because you propped a door open rather than grabbing your keys or walking around to another door.

Good, millions of people have propped doors or been distracted for a second while driving, but for 1 in 10 million, that casual action gets someone killed.

I don’t know if this is accurate or not, but if so it was just 10 years from gun control to citizen massacre.

As terrible as school shootings are, thousands of innocent citizens murdered at the hands of their government — is worse.

View attachment 622047
Ok, so we have to stop buying Ford F-150s is what you're saying?

I know a lot of teachers, and most are antis. Though not as rabidly anti as a lot of people on NES probably assume.

I've often asked some variation on, "So, granted, you don't like guns, don't have any experience with them, and don't trust yourself with one, but let's say you're in your classroom and there's a shooter stalking the halls. Would you rather have a gun in your hand at that point?" Only one person has ever said no, and she said it was because she knew she'd be too petrified to even use it. Or anything else.

The vast majority say, "Yes, but at every other time it would scare me." ALL of them think the gun will magically fall out somewhere. Meaning the hurdle to get over, for many of these teachers, isn't so much about the gun. It's about the storage, or the holster, or the method of carry, or whatever.

My old track coach, who was also an English teacher at the school, won a senior trip to Southeast Asia with the Marine Corps. His unit saw a bit of action, and he was wounded. He was on the quiet side, but a tough man. I think he would without hesitation aggressively approach a school shooter and shoot him more than once (like Uncle Sam taught him) without blinking an eye. I think he probably could kill a school shooter with a stapler or coffee pot. He was that kind of guy.

There are nine schools in the district: four elementary, a junior high and an "academy," a couple of high schools, and some sort of bilingual-ed facility. The department has a chief and like four or five SROs.

HS has a full-timer, a dude named Ruben Ruiz. The other officers, presumably, need to cover all the rest. The math just doesn't work.

The responding SRO was in a car and booked it over to the school ASAP when the first 911 calls came in. Pretty good response time. He was actually on-site before the shooter entered the building, but not by much, and he misidentified the suspect.
>The dude carrying two rifles <
^
There may be more to it than that , but that statement made me go Wut ?

Soft armor, enough to stop a pistol and a slug. Although I'm pretty sure a slug would almost make you wish you weren't wearing armor. I could be wrong about the slug. I 'remember' it, but it's been a long time since I looked it up. Depending on the rating.
I think you would not get penetration with a lead slug, maybe a sabot, but your right about the wish you weren't part.
Shattered sternum and ribs .
You may live but you won't enjoy it.

>The dude carrying two rifles <
^
There may be more to it than that , but that statement made me go Wut ?

The SRO saw someone walking across a parking lot a ways away, and sped in that direction. Meanwhile, the shooter was hunkered down behind a car while the cruiser sped by.

The reports indicate he left one of his rifles by the crashed truck, I think.

funding mental health doesn't necessarily mean institutionalizing everyone. Mental hospitals were abusing the shit out of the patients.

In April Abbott cut 211 million for mental health funding in TX. TX rates 50th among the states in access to mental health. You can't blame mental health while simultaneously gutting mental health funding.

If we all agree the driver here is mental health, and it seems we do, then you either fund it or decide to just live with this shit.
I won't disagree with the abuse part.
That could have been fixed had the will to do so been there.
Many of them were run by the same group that ended up shutting them down.
Politicians don't want a fix to anything , they want a sound bit .
There are a lot of very dangerous people wandering the streets because there is no place to put them.
They don't get locked up till they actually kill someone, even though everyone involved with them knows it's only a question of when not if.
Sending them back out on the street with a hand full of pills and a pat on the head ends up with dead people.

Last edited:
Nice mix of anti gun BS and heart-wrenching truth.

View attachment 622001
I'm waiting for some doofus anti to spew BS and say that AR's are so powerful they could and should be declared WMD's and not even the military should have them.

They just say shit that isnt real and hope that enough low information idiots repeat it until it becomes the truth.

Kind of like how a headshot with a .22 bounces around in the skull and makes it super duper deadly. Total BS, but people keep repeating it.

I have several family members who are teachers and all of them are anti gun liberals. I asked one of them their thoughts on having armed teachers in the school and she point blank stated she walk out and quit the day it started. Tough to overcome that mentality.
Well, think about it: a hardcore anti-gun liberal teacher is almost certainly a unionist, and is very familiar with violent threats within her own peer group. She's afraid because she knows what they're capable of.

It was posted further back, but I'll bring it back. The Police Chief was promoted to city council....what the actual f***?
He is chief of the ISD PD. An Independent School District is just that--it is its own political body, not subordinate to the local municipality, and covering territory outside municipal bounds.

As crazy as it sounds, it's not a conflict to be elected to the city council. The city and the ISD are completely separate, legally and politically.

Free speech? We're talking reasonableness here. If a 10 year old threatens to hijack a plane you want him in front of a judge? Or is that why you added "credible" to your threat to... make a citizen's arrest?
One of the former members of this board when he was in LE down south got shot in the face during a drug raid costing him an eye.
The shooter was a 10 year old kid.

911: “911, what is your emergency?”

Random guy: “hi, my buddy has been seeing a shrink and he is schizophrenic. He has been hearing voices telling him to shoot up the elementary school. I just saw him leave the house with a rifle in his hand and a duffel bag full of magazines.

I decided to follow him and he pulled into the school parking lot. He just got out of the car with a ballistic vest on, chambered a round in his rifle and walked through the front door of the school!”

911: “sir, your friend has done nothing illegal at this point, so there is nothing we can do. You DO realize that there are no more gun laws, commie?”

Sure that’s an extreme example, but it is the extreme cases that lead to mass shootings.

We certainly have way too many stupid gun laws, but there has to be some ground between the hypothetical situation I just typed and Maura’s mastubatory fantasies.
Instead of imagining this scenario in a future without gun laws, imagine it today. Or better yet, imagine it in a world where every anti-gun law has passed.

At the point where the guy gets out of the car with a rifle and walks into the school, what prevents the massacre? Nothing at all, unless someone is there to shoot him first.

Remember: prohibition is not prevention.

One of the former members of this board when he was in LE down south got shot in the face during a drug raid costing him an eye.
The shooter was a 10 year old kid.

How many 10 year olds have said they were going to shoot someone for the one 10 year old who actually did in your anecdote? Tens or hundreds of thousands? Millions? I know my boys (all under 8) have said it. I'm sure I said it as a kid.

The only point is that context matters. Arresting kids for saying stupid shit isn't a solution any more than suspending them for chewing a pop tart into the shape of a pistol is.

Back
Top Bottom