21 killed, 18 injured in shooting at elementary school in Uvalde, Texas

Do teachers typically leave their phones in their cars?

I don't, but we had a principal once who tried to make us do exactly that. And there are always people who mess up and leave their phones.

What I'm not sure about is why she didn't just call 911 from the classroom phone, but maybe theirs couldn't dial out. I've had that situation before, too. No idea. Honestly, if I was in the middle of Movie Day on the last week of school and I saw a distant car crash through the window, it would never occur to me to call 911 at all. Especially if it didn't look like a serious crash.

Yet another unanswered question. But it seems she did remove the prop. The fact that it was there, a rock big enough to hold a heavy door open, suggests to me that propping that door was probably common practice.

When I was 18 the federal government issued me an M16A1. Not a freakin’ wusifide AR15. Nor was there any libtard 3 round burst BS. And they didn’t make me ask my mommy.

If a person is old enough to be sent to kill or die for this country then they are old enough.

If they prove otherwise, we’ll then that is why we have law enforcement, courts and prisons.
I clearly stated that my hypothetical buyer was under 18

911: “911, what is your emergency?”

Random guy: “hi, my buddy has been seeing a shrink and he is schizophrenic. He has been hearing voices telling him to shoot up the elementary school. I just saw him leave the house with a rifle in his hand and a duffel bag full of magazines.

I decided to follow him and he pulled into the school parking lot. He just got out of the car with a ballistic vest on, chambered a round in his rifle and walked through the front door of the school!”

911: “sir, your friend has done nothing illegal at this point, so there is nothing we can do. You DO realize that there are no more gun laws, commie?”

Sure that’s an extreme example, but it is the extreme cases that lead to mass shootings.

We certainly have way too many stupid gun laws, but there has to be some ground between the hypothetical situation I just typed and Maura’s mastubatory fantasies.

I do not agree with licensing nor do I agree with having to ask permission to exercise my constitutional rights.

I think it should be left to a parent as to decide if their kid can get a firearm.

I do not think it should be a law to require parental consent.

I've tried over the years to talk with liberals and we're talking liberals not leftists, because leftists want to keep and bear arms, but for different reasons than me. Any time I have it has always ended in it being a pointless waste of time. I have better things to do than argue with dummies. So I feel that in the absence of any kind of meaningful dialog and until the other side stops having eternal hissy fits, strike all down all gun laws as unconstitutional. No problems are being solved.

I honestly at this point believe that a person should be able to go to their local grocery store and pick up a gallon of milk, some butter and some 9mm ammo and that at the checkout line no ID being asked. I also believe that I should be able to stop in at a convenience store and buy a pack of smokes, lottery tickets and a glock (probably a .40 if it's at a gas station).

There are enough states that now we can amend the constitution and restate 2A in a powerful way. "The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. Any person, agency, entity or politician who acts against this amendment shall be tried for crimes against humanity with the punishment being death and no appeals shall be possible". Take the power away from the left completely. Once we stack up a few hundred libtards on death row awaiting their lethal injection they'll get the hint. I don't know what else to do. It seems we are at a point of irreconcilable differences to me. Even if the MA AWB were struck down today, the political left in this state would be busy like beavers trying to come up with a way around a SCOTUS decision. They have no respect for our system of government at all. None. I believe in our constitution and left does not. I don't know how you can have a functioning society when 1/2 of the country doesn't believe in the US constitution and the other half does.

I know it sounds harsh but there seems to be no end to their madness and the only thing that will stop it is either enough time meaning generations of people who have to suffer for the clinically insane left or fix the problem so that they know it's inviolable.

I know that some people talk about peaceful divorce which basically means the blue areas form their own country and the red areas have their own. I don't support this as a concept because that's what China wants. They want a weak US so they can be the dominant super power. Personally that's insane because the food and important minerals come from the red area. If this did happen the blue US would collapse pretty quickly. A society of dependent liberals who refuse to work isn't going to be much of a society.

NOT VICTIM BLAMING so do not twist my meaning.

This is a what if scenario....

As I wasn't anywhere near Texas or that classroom I do not know what specifically happened think I can assume a few things...

So given that I can jump straight to a "what if" instead of a just a cell phone the teacher also had a firearm?

It seems apparent to me that the shooter did not frisk anyone as it was stated multiple times that cell phone calls were made from the class room and even at least one call from a teacher.

There might have been an opportunity for that teacher to kill the shooter if the teacher had a firearm.

Not saying she could have saved them all but certainly those that made cell phone calls after the initial kill wave ended.

There could have been an opportunity if she had a firearm.

As I said, I am not victim blaming. But I am blaming the anti-2A crowd and all supporters of gun control, gun bans and gun free zones.

The blood of that teacher, most likely brainwashed to believe that anti BS, and all those innocent children belongs to that anti 2A/ pro gun ban /gun free zone agenda.

And before you jump on me stating a million different "what if" scenarios just know that the mostly likely only scenario to get anyone out alive was stripped from that teacher thanks to "common sense gun control".

I don't know the teacher and I do not know if she was pro or anti. Don't really care as it does't matter.....

The government doesn't allow you to defend yourself with a firearm in those buildings.

Gotta love "common sense gun control".

I know a lot of teachers, and most are antis. Though not as rabidly anti as a lot of people on NES probably assume.

I've often asked some variation on, "So, granted, you don't like guns, don't have any experience with them, and don't trust yourself with one, but let's say you're in your classroom and there's a shooter stalking the halls. Would you rather have a gun in your hand at that point?" Only one person has ever said no, and she said it was because she knew she'd be too petrified to even use it. Or anything else.

The vast majority say, "Yes, but at every other time it would scare me." ALL of them think the gun will magically fall out somewhere. Meaning the hurdle to get over, for many of these teachers, isn't so much about the gun. It's about the storage, or the holster, or the method of carry, or whatever.

Random guy: “hi, my buddy has been seeing a shrink and he is schizophrenic. He has been hearing voices telling him to shoot up the elementary school. I just saw him leave the house with a rifle in his hand and a duffel bag full of magazines.

I decided to follow him and he pulled into the school parking lot. He just got out of the car with a ballistic vest on, chambered a round in his rifle and walked through the front door of the school!”

911: “sir, your friend has done nothing illegal at this point, so there is nothing we can do. You DO realize that there are no more gun laws, commie?”

Sure that’s an extreme example, but it is the extreme cases that lead to mass shootings.

We certainly have way too many stupid gun laws, but there has to be some ground between the hypothetical situation I just typed and Maura’s mastubatory fantasies.
When you figure out what that is you let us know.

Also in your example him walking into a school armed is against the law no?

My post didn't say anything about waiting to fully assess a situation. I'm only pointing out that the BORTAC guys got there a full 40 minutes after the local cops first engaged the suspect inside the building. The BORTAC guys weren't in charge, and AFAIK they also didn't have the authority to relieve the local cops. I didn't know when I wrote that that it took the BORTAC guys 40 more minutes to act. That's a long time.

However, it seems from the timeline that the local cops entered the building eagerly enough but were completely stymied by a locked door and for whatever reason (including bullets flying through the walls) would not or could not improvise, adapt, and overcome. They just kept stacking up in the hallway inside the building, apparently. One thing I'm wondering is why they didn't go around to the outside windows of the classroom, break them, and start harassing the shooter from that side. Must be a reason. I just don't know it.
And my point is that if we had an incident where we got stymied by a locked door...1 incident like that. If those guys lived you would here the world calling for reform of my entire company.

Granted 20 kids is a tragedy and 7000 people getting gassed to death is a horror show so the stakes are a bit higher. But the point is if we f***ed this up one time you would be hearing for regulation and reform for years about it

Florida just arrested two kids who made threats to shoot up schools online.

When you figure out what that is you let us know.

Also in your example him walking into a school armed is against the law no?

I think in his scenario there are no gun laws so guns are allowed on school grounds.

I ask people why, under our current laws, mass shootings happen largely in gun free zones and why they rarely happen at gun shows.

In other words a mass school shooting would be much less likely if guns were allowed on school grounds.

The kid in his scenario would be almost as likely to shoot up a school as a gun show.

I know a lot of teachers, and most are antis. Though not as rabidly anti as a lot of people on NES probably assume.

I've often asked some variation on, "So, granted, you don't like guns, don't have any experience with them, and don't trust yourself with one, but let's say you're in your classroom and there's a shooter stalking the halls. Would you rather have a gun in your hand at that point?" Only one person has ever said no, and she said it was because she knew she'd be too petrified to even use it. Or anything else.

The vast majority say, "Yes, but at every other time it would scare me." ALL of them think the gun will magically fall out somewhere. Meaning the hurdle to get over, for many of these teachers, isn't so much about the gun. It's about the storage, or the holster, or the method of carry, or whatever.

I have several family members who are teachers and all of them are anti gun liberals. I asked one of them their thoughts on having armed teachers in the school and she point blank stated she walk out and quit the day it started. Tough to overcome that mentality.

I don't, but we had a principal once who tried to make us do exactly that. And there are always people who mess up and leave their phones.

What I'm not sure about is why she didn't just call 911 from the classroom phone, but maybe theirs couldn't dial out. I've had that situation before, too. No idea. Honestly, if I was in the middle of Movie Day on the last week of school and I saw a distant car crash through the window, it would never occur to me to call 911 at all. Especially if it didn't look like a serious crash.

Yet another unanswered question. But it seems she did remove the prop. The fact that it was there, a rock big enough to hold a heavy door open, suggests to me that propping that door was probably common practice.

What "classroom phone"?

I admit it was many years ago, but I never sat in a classroom with a phone in it until college and even then it was rare.

Did I miss a memo?

I have several family members who are teachers and all of them are anti gun liberals. I asked one of them their thoughts on having armed teachers in the school and she point blank stated she walk out and quit the day it started. Tough to overcome that mentality.

Yeah, that's why I never ask about "arming teachers." Most will say they disagree. The better question is, "If you're on lockdown with a school shooter in the building, would you rather have a gun right then?"

That's a good way to start a conversation, because most honest people (not just teachers) will admit they would prefer to be armed if someone was hunting them. The rest is just details.

What "classroom phone"?

I admit it was many years ago, but I never sat in a classroom with a phone in it until college and even then it was rare.

Did I miss a memo?

Lol. I've only been teaching for around 20 years, but every room I've taught in has a phone. In the early years they were old, and mostly just direct lines to the office, but I've been able to dial out since... oh, 2008? Around then.

Now I've got a big spreadsheet listing extensions for every room in the building. Anyone can call anyone.

Yes, I’m sure not SOP, for a good reason. But I’ve trained with a local SoNH PD that carries throw kits into active shooter drills. Now that I think of it, that was the 2nd/3rd responding units with the throw kits, while the 1st goes in ASAP. In every scenario, the LEO with the throw kits stayed on gun and passed screaming victims - I think the throw kits were an unwelcome add-on by some policymaker. In 2021, I trained with a ME regional SWAT that had their medic in the entry stack for active shooters with throw kits. The medic didn’t stop for shit - they were there for the team, not the victims. Vendors make the kits so admins figure they are needed. Some vendors started calling them Warm Zone Active Shooter kits.

View attachment 621283
Those are a great idea for active shooters even with children. I’m assuming one and 10 of them are smart enough to apply it..

In reality, hunt down the shit head Immediately. Then toss these out for the people know how to use them and start putting them on the people who don’t. Like air masks on a plane

Rather then teaching them to hide under their desks..
Maybe teach Timmy to stuff his finger in little Johnny's wound and put a tourniquet on..

I mean if the goal is really to save lives. Not that you should have to do it that would be actual active shooter training for these kids..

Poster earlier but this is how it’s done — vigilance plus hardening schools

View: https://twitter.com/kaydeeking/status/1531386034617032704?s=21&t=7Z98MrdWQYAmwB_axfnbAg

This is good provided both were actually being serious about it and not just being stupid kids making jokes in bad taste, which I think is probably much more likely. One is 10 and made an outrageous threat - did he have access to guns and a plan? The other posted “an image involving guns” and asked for directions to a school, because that’s what someone planning to shoot up a school would do - ask directions. Ruining kids’ lives over truly stupid kid shit isn’t the answer either.

Back
Top Bottom