21 killed, 18 injured in shooting at elementary school in Uvalde, Texas

You really think every LEO has rifle plates? I didn't have them for almost 2 decades, grabbed some the last year I worked. I wasn't working for a BFE local PD either.
Every cop outside the school was wearing a visible carrier that was looking thicc, which means rifle plate. Typically when leo strap on an exterior vest, it's got hard rifle plates.

There was a window in the door itself, which the perp shot out. So, a big-ass hole in the door of at least one of the classrooms.

BORTAC had a shield there by 12:15.

So... put the shield over the big hole in the door, get a guy prone shooting underneath it to drive the perp from that classroom (or tag him, even better!), and you've got at least one room cleared. Someone reaches through the hole and turns the doorknob from the inside. Boom.

Would that take time? Sure. But not forty minutes.

Going by this timeline, first Bortac units arrived at 12:15, not geared and sitting at the door.

They entered at 12:40. The real question is when did the rest of the team arrive? When did the shield arrive? Were they being told to stand down?

But hey, let's all just keep jumping to conclusions, because accurate information isn't out there yet.

We know that BORTAC elements were there at 12:15 with a shield. Might have been those four, might not have been, but if four BORTAC guys eventually went in successfully at 12:50, then what was stopping them at 12:15?

I know we don't have an answer, and might never. Because there's no acceptable answer for a forty-minute delay. No way should any of us accept that from any LE agency.
BORTAC didn't arrive for something like 40 minutes, and surely their initial inclination was to assist the local cops who were running the show and who had lost the initiative. I agree that a 40 minute delay to act is unacceptable, but I think root cause for that kind of a delay most likely is due to the commander on the scene, not to the BORTAC agents themselves. Did they say FU to the local cops and enter anyway, or did they get a green light?

1654037616885.png

No hard armor visible. Edit: Maybe hard armor.

1654037673386.png
2 wearing plates.

1654037707399.png
No plates.

1654037735308.png
No plates.

1654037777867.png
Probably plate, SWAT with a nut protector.

1654037823835.png
No plate. Edit: Maybe plate, hard to tell being blurry.

That's 3 full pages of pictures related to this incident. No idea when they were actually taken, but I'm not seeing a lot of hard armor.

We know that BORTAC elements were there at 12:15 with a shield. Might have been those four, might not have been, but if four BORTAC guys eventually went in successfully at 12:50, then what was stopping them (or their buddies) at 12:15?

I know we don't have an answer, and might never. Because there's no acceptable answer for a forty-minute delay. No way should any of us accept that from any LE agency.
I'm referencing those four particular guys .
They could have been a hundred miles away when that call came in.
Or not.
BP , as Weekend racer will tell you isn't a bunch of guys sitting around an office waiting for a call.
Those guys are spread out all over hell and creation.
I guess we will eventually find out.

BORTAC didn't arrive for something like 40 minutes, and surely their initial inclination was to assist the local cops who were running the show and who had lost the initiative. I agree that a 40 minute delay to act is unacceptable, but I think root cause for that kind of a delay most likely is due to the commander on the scene, not to the BORTAC agents themselves. Did they say FU to the local cops and enter anyway, or did they get a green light?
From what I have seen so far it was the F.U. scenario .
That might change when the dust settles .

I'm referencing those four particular guys .
They could have been a hundred miles away when that call came in.
Or not.
BP , as Weekend racer will tell you isn't a bunch of guys sitting around an office waiting for a call.
Those guys are spread out all over hell and creation.
I guess we will eventually find out.
Ordinarily, I'd say yes, but most of them were probably processing the wave of 'migrants' coming across the border. I don't know where Uvalde ships it's bodies. It's been pretty crazy there since Brandon took over.

Under these circumstances? I don't particularly care what the root cause is. The SOP is brutally clear to every LEO in the US.

I don't blame them for deferring to the locals. I blame them for deferring to the locals for 40 minutes. Or, really, for more than two or three... If it wasn't abundantly clear to every LEO in that hallway that kids would die if they didn't breach, then they're stupid as well as cowardly.

SOPs exist so that people don't need to be indecisive, nor to wait on others who might be indecisive. The school-shooter SOP is well-known: don't wait. Go.

That teacher, who has no training in tactical application of violence is going to spend the rest of her life regretting having failed to close that door effectively through no fault of her own.

Unfortunately, the counterargument is that the 20 members of law enforcement who were willing to wait in the hall for $1.4 million dollars per year worth of salary don't hold much blame in failing to decamp for three quarters of an hour because, you know, they just didn't have enough speed, numbers, or violence at their disposal to take down one mental prick with a rifle.

Not particularly buying it.

Meh, it's not rocket science.
I’m not sure what you mean? My point is idc if they had plates or not.

This isn’t directed towards you but another thing I have wondering is… apparently this town/city had its own PD specifically for the schools? So why wasn’t there an SRO in the school. Has anything come out about where they were.

This isn’t directed towards you but another thing I have wondering is… apparently this town/city had its own PD specifically for the schools? So why wasn’t there an SRO in the school. Has anything come out about where they were.
Not that I'm aware of. My post was for T-Unit to see, a couple of things. Not everyone wears hard armor. It's hot as hell, and it's hotter than hell in Uvalde. I didn't wear armor 90% of my time in AZ. They shot at us with AKs, ARs, and G3's, my Second Chance armor apparently didn't even stop pistol rounds. It's just not something a lot of smaller departments can afford. The one's I wore weighed like maybe a pound combined, front and rear. When those became available, I wore those.

View attachment 621834

View attachment 621835
2 wearing plates.

View attachment 621836
No plates.

View attachment 621837
No plates.

View attachment 621838

View attachment 621839

That's 3 full pages of pictures related to this incident. No idea when they were actually taken, but I'm not seeing a lot of hard armor.

You’re saying all those guys wearing plate carriers don’t actually have plates in them?

You really think every LEO has rifle plates? I didn't have them for almost 2 decades, grabbed some the last year I worked. I wasn't working for a BFE local PD either.
Quoting, "The Uvalde Police Department is pleased to announce that we have completed the process, and been awarded grant funds through the Office of the Governor to outfit EVERY Uvalde Police Officer with Level 4 body armor"

View: https://www.facebook.com/uvaldepd/photos/a.935317536501604/2020446901321990/?type=3

There are nine schools in the district: four elementary, a junior high and an "academy," a couple of high schools, and some sort of bilingual-ed facility. The department has a chief and like four or five SROs.

HS has a full-timer, a dude named Ruben Ruiz. The other officers, presumably, need to cover all the rest. The math just doesn't work.

The responding SRO was in a car and booked it over to the school ASAP when the first 911 calls came in. Pretty good response time. He was actually on-site before the shooter entered the building, but not by much, and he misidentified the suspect.

‘The Boy Who Cried Wolf’ comes to mind. I’d prefer Closed Borders and Open Schools.

"There has been little mention in corporate media that the school district in the small town of Uvalde, Texas, has been locked down at least 48 times this year due to law enforcement pursuits of illegal aliens and human smugglers...Teachers and staff at Robb Elementary had been trained and had a detailed plan to protect from threats like a school shooter, but the school was locked down so frequently that lockdowns had become a sort of joke. "

You’re saying all those guys wearing plate carriers don’t actually have plates in them?
Soft armor, enough to stop a pistol and a slug. Although I'm pretty sure a slug would almost make you wish you weren't wearing armor. I could be wrong about the slug. I 'remember' it, but it's been a long time since I looked it up. Depending on the rating.

Which means they would have been on equal terms with the threat- carrier with no plates.

20 v 1. And they still wouldn't go.
I think the big deal is the locked door. Yeah, if there was a window, I personally think someone should have been able to sneak up and peek the window. The shooter's hearing would be obliterated if that was a concrete building. There's just so much wrong, it's hard to find anything right. Even the guys who went in get shat upon here.

View attachment 621834

View attachment 621835
2 wearing plates.

View attachment 621836
No plates.

View attachment 621837
No plates.

View attachment 621838

View attachment 621839

Big boy BP has soft plates, woman bp may have rifle plates. Find pics of the cops abusing parents, that's where I saw plates.

Pathetic cops, if there was a 1/4 oz of weed behind that door those pussies would have smashed their way right in. Any time there is a challenge, cops show their true colors. There's a reason they are writing speeding tickets and not arresting gangbangers. This is just a glaring example.

Not that I'm aware of. My post was for T-Unit to see, a couple of things. Not everyone wears hard armor. It's hot as hell, and it's hotter than hell in Uvalde. I didn't wear armor 90% of my time in AZ. They shot at us with AKs, ARs, and G3's, my Second Chance armor apparently didn't even stop pistol rounds. It's just not something a lot of smaller departments can afford. The one's I wore weighed like maybe a pound combined, front and rear. When those became available, I wore those.
The Uvalde PD's funding from the town itself was something like $4 million a year, plus state and fed funding.

They have the money for hard armor, the cops themselves make more than enough to buy it themselves. The steel ones are heavy, but cheap as shit and last forever. Beats a bullet to the chest.

So the lack of rifle plates doesnt fly with me. They had some, if they didnt then they're incapable of engaging active shooters according to the SOP and shows yet more failure by LE.

These guys should save their families the shame and swing from their showers. Absolutely disgusting sitting out their for 40 minutes while your hard-o boys are outside tazing mothers. What the actual f***?

Back
Top Bottom