• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

21 killed, 18 injured in shooting at elementary school in Uvalde, Texas

Sadly we live in a very sick world, sicker than it's ever been before. And in the short term, there isn't anything we can do other than protect the children by adding more and more armed guards, I guess we are going to have to outgun the shooters—one way in and one way out. Do something stupid and get shot at the gate, no questions asked. Schools have to be set up like prisons. This might sound like a bad idea to some but if this saves your child I'm sure that will make you change your mind.

Schools have to be set up like prisons. This might sound like a bad idea to some but if this saves your child I'm sure that will make you change your mind.
People get murdered in prison all the time... so it might not be a good comparison.

The hallmark of most of these shootings is very simple. The shooters fold as soon as they get into resistance. And if they don't fold, they start to fail quickly. In the end, regardless of how it exactly boils down, force is the only thing that will prevent or stop it. Just the threat of it seems to work enough. Making a fortress is all for nothing if there still is no man with a gun who will defend the place. That's the real tool that seems to be lacking in a lot of places.

People get murdered in prison all the time... so it might not be a good comparison.

The hallmark of most of these shootings is very simple. The shooters fold as soon as they get into resistance. And if they don't fold, they start to fail quickly. In the end, regardless of how it exactly boils down, force is the only thing that will prevent or stop it. Just the threat of it seems to work enough. Making a fortress is all for nothing if there still is no man with a gun who will defend the place. That's the real tool that seems to be lacking in a lot of places.

A lot of new school buildings try not to put classroom space on the first floor, the idea being that a shooter coming into the building won't be able to immediately access any classrooms. Then you put the SRO near the door during arrival and dismissal, and cross your fingers.

Jesus Christ, makes my head hurt reading the crap from gun owners on various FB gun groups. 3 day waiting period, change long gun purchasing age to 21, red flag laws. Bunch of FUDDs

Shitcan your facebook account. My wife uses facebook, and she gets pissed off. I tell her that I don't get pissed off at people on facebook because I don't use it. The people behind their monitors banging angrily on their keyboards don't exist to me.

And then there's NES - that's my social media crack pipe.
Social media sites need people to engage. The easiest way to get people to do that is to piss them off.

Shitcan your facebook account. My wife uses facebook, and she gets pissed off. I tell her that I don't get pissed off at people on facebook because I don't use it. The people behind their monitors banging angrily on their keyboards don't exist to me.

And then there's NES - that's my social media crack pipe.

Reading FaceBook is the functional equivalent of watching CNN.

Little does this Twerp Beto realize this makes him look like a nut job as well, DEMOCRATS are such an embarrasment, Beta boy using a tragety to make himself look important..Hey Beta boy thousands of children have been killed from the Vaccine WHAT SAY YOU?

Unless you're part of an organized state sanctioned death squad this sort of behavior is quite unusual to put it mildly.

Well, rare events happen with some regularity if the sample size is large enough. Our minds minds don't intuitively grasp the role of population. We just have no intuitive feel for the difference between 1 per year per thousand people, 1 per year per million people, and 1 per year per billion. When we see one, it's one. If there is another, it's two. Again, that's three. It takes effort to force our minds to factor population size into our cognition.

My gut is telling me this one didn't need any outside encouragement apart from being handed the idea by past events.

He was known to law enforcement as a kid in serious trouble anyway.......pretty sure he made the police reports of the home visits/domestic calls. Don't know if Feds would have access to local PD files, but wouldn't surprise me.

Nadia Reyes, another high school classmate, told the paper that Ramos recently posted an Instagram story of himself yelling at his mom, who he said was trying to kick him out of their home.

He posted videos on his Instagram where the cops were there and he’d call his mom a b—- and say she wanted to kick him out,” she told the paper. “He’d be screaming and talking to his mom really aggressively.”

Ramos’ neighbor Ruben Flores, 41, said he tried to be a kind of father figure to the troubled teen, who had “a pretty rough life with his mom.”

He told the paper he saw police at the Hood Street home, where he witnessed blowups between the two.

Flores and several other people familiar with the family said Ramos’ mother used drugs, which contributed to the trouble at home, according to the Washington Post, which said it could not reach her for comment.

Ramos moved to his grandmother’s home across town a few months ago, according to Flores, who said he last saw the grandmother Sunday when she stopped by the mom’s Hood Street property, which she also owned.

He said she told him she was in the process of evicting Ramos’ mother because of her drug issues.

The older and more grouchy I get the less and less I see these events as occurring organically. I'm not happy to say it and I'm not proud to say it. The fact that I have such low faith in the US government to think that there could even be a glimmer of a chance of a conspiracy is really sad. But it's how I'm starting to see things. Especially after all the insane bullshit of 2020/2021.

Jordan Peterson has an interesting thought experiment for these types of people. Put yourself into that shooters shoes. What would it take to get YOU to do that? You can't cop out and say you cant or wont, you have to get that dark and think about it. I can do this thought experiment to explain war crimes (which I believe is where he intended it to be used, specifically WWII holocaust) however, when it comes to mass murder of children... the wheels fall off. You have to get to Einsatzgruppen levels of insanity to get to that point. Which is why I start to lean towards things that are more likely, like brainwashing. Unless you're part of an organized state sanctioned death squad this sort of behavior is quite unusual to put it mildly.

Crazy people do crazy things. It's true. But Crazy people also tend not to do complicated or drawn out things. They are impulsive. The more complicated you make it typically means more shits involved in it. Buying guns, training on guns, buying gear, shooting your grandmother over an "argument" then driving your car to wreck it out front of the school to enter and continue on is a lot of work. And crazy people don't typically gravitate towards that much work. It's beyond an impulsive act, this moron was going for quite some time.

I don’t think they’re all conspiracy driven but I think some are, I think they figured out how to push known nutbags over the edge.

It also doesn’t help matters that there’s usually a paucity of evidence wrt motives etc.

The timing of these incidents seems to be way too coincidentally convenient, as well. This rarely happens, for example, during “boring” times.
I'd like to hear your thoughts on the role the Left's culture wars play in events such as this one. The left is operating an open "girl power" propaganda campaign with the goal of advancing women and girls at the expense of men and boys via open hostility aimed at destroying male masculinity. This is particularly evident in today's public schools.

One of the effects of this campaign has been the creation of (now multiple) generations of boys who will/have grow/n into angry young men who are full of despair, lacking any capacity for self-reliance, and lacking any positive vision for a bright future. Hell, you can even throw in the destruction of the nuclear family and the lack of strong, positive male influence in boys' lives. If you can isolate those who have lost (or never had) the capacity for empathy, you likely have a fairly large pool of candidates who could be manipulated into crossing the line of the unimaginable and venting their frustrations with society on society.

I've always wondered with these school shootings: where are the wounded?

So everyone that got hit instantly died? That NYC subway guy hit everyone in the leg.

No wounded, no cameras, incredible shooting accuracy. It's like straight out of a scripted movie.

This is interesting: "DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?"

Makes me want to know more about who his father was. Son of a cartel /gang member? Just blowing smoke? Seems like a strange thing to use as a threat unless he was purporting to be someone of importance to scare people.

"A young woman who worked with him until March noticed an aggressive streak.

“He would be very rude towards the girls sometimes, and one of the cooks, threatening them by asking, ‘Do you know who I am?’ And he would also send inappropriate texts to the ladies,” the former co-worker told The Daily Beast on condition of anonymity.

So everyone that got hit instantly died? That NYC subway guy hit everyone in the leg.

No wounded, no cameras, incredible shooting accuracy. It's like straight out of a scripted movie.
There are (generally) plenty of wounded. They just don't draw the media's attention. All anyone* cares about is body count.

* not folks here, but "If it bleeds, it leads" reporters and their reactionary audience.

a short range impact of a 5.56 round at 3000fps into a little ones - it is bad.
the fact that they use dna to match remains also, well, sounds quite grim.

JUST IN: Majority Leader Chuck Schumer Postpones Gun Control Legislation - Does Not Have the Votes
7th floor Hoover building conference room: "Hit em again."

Back
Top Bottom