21 killed, 18 injured in shooting at elementary school in Uvalde, Texas

Yep, there has long been an 'agreement' with general media to not sensationalize suicide since, as this article (one of many easily found) states - "Suicide Contagion is Real" -
I remember Jordan Peterson saying he had the same concern about / objection to trans politicization because, while it might help a few trans people, he knew it would doom thousands of young girls.

I think that's wishful thinking, don't underestimate the impact on a classroom full of dead children on middle America.

It never works out well for them politically. GC is a loser issue (nationally) and always has been.

Of course the real danger now is the end around attack- they're not going in the front door anymore- they're going for "soft" shit like "UBC" and "Red Flag" BS laws, which they think they can con politicians into believing are consequence free at the polls, and the disturbing thing is they might be right, average gun owner 1.0 in america is often too ignorant to understand the dangers inherent by both of these types of laws.

Worse yet some "conservative" pols have been caught playing along giving lots of lip service to UBC/Red Flag shit, too. So many of them can be hardly trusted with anything.

It never works out well for them politically. GC is a loser issue (nationally) and always has been. Of course the real danger now is the end around attack- they're not going in the front
door anymore- they're going for "soft" shit like "UBC" and "Red Flag" BS laws, which they think they can con politicians into believing are consequence free at the
polls, and the disturbing thing is they might be right, average gun owner 1.0 in america is often too ignorant to understand the dangers inherent by both of these types of
laws.
the issue with a mentally unstable 18yr old legally buying 2 ARs will not be left alone now, i think. one way or another it is exactly the use case they were talking about non stop last 5 years at least, and this one hits all the checkboxes.

It never works out well for them politically. GC is a loser issue (nationally) and always has been.

Of course the real danger now is the end around attack- they're not going in the front door anymore- they're going for "soft" shit like "UBC" and "Red Flag" BS laws, which they think they can con politicians into believing are consequence free at the polls, and the disturbing thing is they might be right, average gun owner 1.0 in america is often too ignorant to understand the dangers inherent by both of these types of laws.

Worse yet some "conservative" pols have been caught playing along giving lots of lip service to UBC/Red Flag shit, too. So many of them can be hardly trusted with anything.
You are correct so we need to counter their propaganda and point out NY supposedly has "strict" gun laws and a Red Flag law but a 18 yr old upper middleclass white kid who threatened to kill a classmate and was investigated was able to purchase an AR for a murder spree. So much for laws!

like i give a shit? if you have nothing to say- say nothing at all. galloping on a white horse making statements that are irrelevant to an objective reality as it is - little point in that. out of patience he is, look at that.
Clearly you do, as you replied. And out of respect for you, which I do have for you I'll be honest. I often times have no idea what you're talking about. I often times have no idea if your trolling or not. I often times cannot tell if you are intentionally misleading a conversation. I just can't tell. It's incredibly aggravating for me to exchange ideas or talk with people I mostly fail to understand what it is that they are talking about or meaning.

In important subjects that frustrate the absolute f***ing shit out of me, like the refusal to have armed people to defend those who cannot defend themselves I don't have a lot of patience or interest in the abstract or ombudsman like comments. Kids are worth defending. f***ing period. It's that easy. Our society has no problem finding people to defend the President, who is worth about .01% of ANY kid in this country. Yet we still pretend we can't either find people willing to fight to the death for children, or we pretend we cant afford it.

Our country has no problem finding an endless supply of people willing to kill random people in their homelands but we pretend we can't find or fund the same for our most precious assets.

Enough of this bullshit. At least FL has this mostly hammered out. The only thing we have to deal with here is the occasional shit bag cop whose there for all the wrong reasons. That's an unfortunate side effect that can only be mitigated and not eliminated. But it's a lot better than what other states are doing, which is zero.

I get the impression that most of these SROs are there simply for the deterrent and/or security theater effects. When you get up into the high school level it ends up being more of a rapid response function for stuff like drugs, fights, etc.

Not from my experience.

A weak SRO will allow the principal to push them into all sorts of situations that would be better handled by the school administration. A good SRO will tell the principals and teachers to go break up their own damn fights, and might even be involved in training them how to do so. Drug searches? That's the administrators that do that, legally and ethically.

Many, many, many HS students have legal stuff going on behind the scenes that not all teachers and staff need to know. The SRO spends most of their time dealing with situations like those. They are more counselors than they are LEOs.

They're now specifying that the shooter had a carrier, but no ballistic panels. That's per Lt. Chris Olivarez of TX DPS.

The local PD is now specifying that the shooter had a carrier, but no ballistic panels.
The angle no doubt will be focused mainly on the weapons and that carrier. The left has been attempting to ban body armor for years now and all of a sudden during a dumpster fire year for the (D)'s we have a rash of incidents that have all the Democrat talking points. Guns they hate, body armor and race wars when they can fit it in. I believe the NY store shooting had some very similar hallmarks.

I personally think the real problem is we have people in our society who want to do this and then commit the act. That's the real problem in my eyes. The left pretends that if you remove one specific type of weapon all will be dealt with. It's a garbage policy angle and it's a lie.

All the elementary school shootings don't do a thing to lower gas, electric, food, car, and house prices or stop the stock market from crashing.

The left may go mental over a shooting, but the rest are more concerned with things that directly impact them.

Hell, gun bans would spell worse doom for the Donks.

not if we have lockdowns and mail in voting from now on every time theres an election

It makes sense, same reason you dont wear a CCW sash. Just make it known that they are there and you dont know who they are.
I don't know where Derek got that idea from and he hasnt replied to me. I do know that it's not a common thing and I do know that uniformed officers are not typically eliminated during school shootings.

If you 2 can present evidence that a hidden armed officer is a perk over a uniformed one, please by all means present it. I'm always open to changing my mind. In the meantime the problem that you are attempting to address does not appear to exist, and in reality a uniformed officer actually appears to be an effective out in the open deterrent.

And I suppose an important question to ask you guys is, say there is a cop whose plain clothes.... ok... isnt there a person shooting anyone and everything? wouldnt this plain clothed person be shot at on sight regardless? Couldnt a uniformed officer ambush a shooter the same way as a plain clothes? The entire scenario of a plain clothes officer having a benefit hinges on a shooter seeing said officer, not recognizing him as a threat and ignoring him. Seems unlikely.

Last edited:
I'm going to disagree with you on this one. I don't think it's "better" to push a false narrative than no narrative at all.

I'd generally rather media outlets keep their mouths shut until they have facts. This is why responsible media organizations have policies about sourcing. Sure, it slows information, but if you think it's "better" to spew unsourced lies? I'm not sure why you'd think that.
Unfortunately, we’ve long been at the stage where “the first liar in” wins the media war, as immediate anti-gun speculations amplify between the MSM and Social Media outlets with ing 24 hours. Any truth that trickles out is largely lost in the noise.

Fortunately, the best option for pro-gun advocates after a mass killing, especially a school mass shooting, is ”thoughts and prayers”, silence, and work the problem. Almost any other issue can be tackled immediately and head-on, but school shootings are a big exception.

the issue with a mentally unstable 18yr old legally buying 2 ARs will not be left alone now, i think. one way or another it is exactly the use case they were talking about non stop last 5 years at least, and this one hits all the checkboxes.
Of course, many of the same people who believe 18-yo's are too immature to own guns also believe 16-yo's should be allowed to vote. Personally, I view a 16-yo possessing the vote to be a far greater threat to our country than an 18-yo possessing an AR.
The angle no doubt will be focused mainly on the weapons and that carrier. The left has been attempting to ban body armor for years now and all of a sudden during a dumpster fire year for the (D)'s we have a rash of incidents that have all the Democrat talking points. Guns they hate, body armor and race wars when they can fit it in. I believe the NY store shooting had some very similar hallmarks.

I personally think the real problem is we have people in our society who want to do this and then commit the act. That's the real problem in my eyes. The left pretends that if you remove one specific type of weapon all will be dealt with. It's a garbage policy angle and it's a lie.
The problem with such amazing coincidences as these shootings occurring on the eve of a major SCOTUS ruling on carry laws is that such coincidences fuel conspiracy theories. So in that vein, while there's no evidence in the affirmative, does anyone here not believe the CIA or another gov agency would be capable of engaging in psyops to turn disturbed young men into Manchurian Candidates? Given the recent leak of the Abortion draft opinion in an attempt to pressure the court, the timing of these shootings does cause an eyebrow to raise a bit.

Nothing wrong with having a boyfriend. How is it off topic? David Hogg, I and everyone on this earth are always trying to find that final solution that will ensure no kids will ever be murdered ever again. Just fishing for ideas.
There is no final solution, interesting choice of words there. There is always going to be a crazy person who hurts people, since the dawn of existance the only way to deal with it is to have someone who can end it as quickly as possible. No guns equals safety is the equation of an ignorant fool.

Just look up gun deaths in countries where the government has taken away guns, it is higher than you would think. And it doesn't stop people from killing each other with any inanimate object lying around, or their fists or feet. Guns are way down on the murder death kill stats, especially when you take out suicides.

Yes, when pressed to “do something” Red Flag Laws seem to be the convenient go-to. As though any law works if not enforced frequently and effectively, the demand that more RFLs are passed “and enforced” may get a few more States before they break for Summer.

The problem with such amazing coincidences as these shootings occurring on the eve of a major SCOTUS ruling on carry laws is that such coincidences fuel conspiracy theories. So in that vein, while there's no evidence in the affirmative, does anyone here not believe the CIA or another gov agency would be capable of engaging in psyops to turn disturbed young men into Manchurian Candidates? Given the recent leak of the Abortion draft opinion in an attempt to pressure the court, the timing of these shootings does cause an eyebrow to raise a bit.
The older and more grouchy I get the less and less I see these events as occurring organically. I'm not happy to say it and I'm not proud to say it. The fact that I have such low faith in the US government to think that there could even be a glimmer of a chance of a conspiracy is really sad. But it's how I'm starting to see things. Especially after all the insane bullshit of 2020/2021.

Jordan Peterson has an interesting thought experiment for these types of people. Put yourself into that shooters shoes. What would it take to get YOU to do that? You can't cop out and say you cant or wont, you have to get that dark and think about it. I can do this thought experiment to explain war crimes (which I believe is where he intended it to be used, specifically WWII holocaust) however, when it comes to mass murder of children... the wheels fall off. You have to get to Einsatzgruppen levels of insanity to get to that point. Which is why I start to lean towards things that are more likely, like brainwashing. Unless you're part of an organized state sanctioned death squad this sort of behavior is quite unusual to put it mildly.

Crazy people do crazy things. It's true. But Crazy people also tend not to do complicated or drawn out things. They are impulsive. The more complicated you make it typically means more shits involved in it. Buying guns, training on guns, buying gear, shooting your grandmother over an "argument" then driving your car to wreck it out front of the school to enter and continue on is a lot of work. And crazy people don't typically gravitate towards that much work. It's beyond an impulsive act, this moron was going for quite some time.

Back
Top Bottom