• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2023 Meat Pole

bdb

NES Member
I did not see a 2023 meat pole thread to post up pictures of deer, bears, turkeys ect. Seasons are open in some states and MA archery deer starts on October 2nd. Lets post up our harvests with any relevant info, weapon, weight, etc. if this is a dupe, please delete it.

Did anyone in NH score on a deer yet?

I'll make a post at the end of the day on October 2nd after I finish skinning out my an opening day deer [smile]

I did not see a 2023 meat pole thread to post up pictures of deer, bears, turkeys ect. Seasons are open in some states and MA archery deer starts on October 2nd. Lets post up our harvests with any relevant info, weapon, weight, etc. if this is a dupe, please delete it.

Did anyone in NH score on a deer yet?

I'll make a post at the end of the day on October 2nd after I finish skinning out my an opening day deer [smile]
ED20B962-9BAB-4F8D-9D2E-FE9B97FE092C.jpeg

Scored one last week. Little buck, tasted great

Couldnt resist he hung around long enough to wear me down and gave me an 18 yard broadside eating acorns and I folded :) Buck tag 1 filled. Small 6pt, barely :)

Attachments

• 024C78F2-D096-4210-944F-68150CE25A76.jpeg
    024C78F2-D096-4210-944F-68150CE25A76.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 55
  • 4235A7FA-46E2-4F93-B45D-42E064E4005B.jpeg
    4235A7FA-46E2-4F93-B45D-42E064E4005B.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 55
Couldnt resist he hung around long enough to wear me down and gave me an 18 yard broadside eating acorns and I folded :) Buck tag 1 filled. Small 6pt, barely :)
Looks like what is hanging around my stand - I don't do archery and not sure if I'm even going to get to go out this year.

I'll be out sat sun mon tue in nh for muzzle loader.

4 days of all day sits. Actually got some vacation time to burn this year.
Gonna cool off next week, should be good for you. Good luck.

I'm saving most of my vacation unfortunately to look at properties and areas to move to.

Not much deer hunting this year. Though I might just hunt down there, while I'm there. For sure Ill be hitting Rocky Creek for sporting clays.

I haven't really been feeling it this year. Don't know if it's the constant rain on the weekends to date which have kept me out of the woods, but my enthusiasm level is low. My rut-cation is coming up soon, so maybe things will pick up for me.

Sat out till 10am and called it.....way too warm. 3 deer came out into the field I'm sitting but 30 minutes before legal light. They hung out for about 10 minutes and went back the way they came in. Was too dark to tell if they were bucks or does. At least I know there are deer where I think they are lol. Full moon must have them moving around earlier......that's my excuse anyway.

Heard 2 shots within 5 minutes after legal. At least somebody's getting some lol

Last edited:
I will hit it next week with the cold front coming through. That should kick things into gear.

Im with @ThePreBanMan; I haven’t been feeling it this year. The rain, warmth, and having a good sized chunk of lumbar vertebrae removed in may has left me ambivalent this year.

Bob

I set up a bunch of stuff at work to take today and Tuesday off. Damn rain. I'm in the blind with my son......good news is it doesn't leak lol. Pop up blind ....nice one. I set it up last week in case I needed a spot to sit in the rain and glad I did. No noise getting in this morning and didn't bump any so I have hope.

Back
Top Bottom