2017 Mini Walls of Steel

The entry form for the 2017 Mini Walls of Steel match has just been posted at http://www.wallsofsteel.com/entry-form.html

Get your forms in right away because this match will up fill up very quickly.

The yearly schedule has also been posted at http://www.wallsofsteel.com/match-schedule.html so plan ahead so you can make the matches. We have a busy schedule this year with Walls matches and Pro-Am's and Practical Shotgun and Multi Gun and 3 gun and our regular Sunday matches.

Thanks!!

Once again it looks like Wallum Lake will be the place to shoot this season. I can't wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The morning slots are completely full. there is still room for the 2:00 time slot but absolutely no more room in the AM.

Hmmm. How will I know if the form and check I sent out this past Thursday made it in time to be on the morning rotation? I also sent an email and made a phone call to the contact info provided but got no response.

Good luck to all, I'll miss mini walls this year, be down in PA at the PSA.
Think I'm clear for all the others.

Hmmm. How will I know if the form and check I sent out this past Thursday made it in time to be on the morning rotation? I also sent an email and made a phone call to the contact info provided but got no response.

If you don't hear from me within the next couple of days then your form made it in time and you got the time slot you asked for. I will let anyone know by email, if you put it on your form, if you did not make the cut for the morning.

Gotcha. Thanks for the response. Yes I put my email on the form, and went so far as to point out the _ is "underscore" and not "dash". [laugh].

Looking forward to this event. Even if I have to be on the 2pm slot. No biggy.

The match is now completely full. We will be unable to take anymore entries at this time. This is the fastest the match has ever filled up.

Make sure you sign up for the main match in August when the forms are posted, which will be soon. You don't want to miss out on the big one.

The match is now completely full. We will be unable to take anymore entries at this time. This is the fastest the match has ever filled up.

Make sure you sign up for the main match in August when the forms are posted, which will be soon. You don't want to miss out on the big one.
Any chance for confirmation emails for the latest entries? My check also hasn't cleared...

Any chance for confirmation emails for the latest entries? My check also hasn't cleared...

Mine hasn't either still. I stopped worrying about it. He said only those who didn't get theirs in on time will be receiving emails. I'm assuming there's a pile of checks on his desk that he just hasn't had the time to deposit yet.

From past experience it usually takes a bit for checks to clear - they have to go to the club treasurer and then get deposited.

Unless you get an email or call that you didn't make the cutoff, show up for your slot and shoot.

Anyone who tried to get in on the late end of registration have their check cashed yet? Still wondering if I got my info in on time

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Anyone who tried to get in on the late end of registration have their check cashed yet? Still wondering if I got my info in on time

The OP posted this on 3/20:

If you don't hear from me within the next couple of days then your form made it in time and you got the time slot you asked for. I will let anyone know by email, if you put it on your form, if you did not make the cut for the morning.

Eight days later he posted that the event is full up.

My check has still not cleared either but I'm not worried about it.

Thinking of making a nametag with "NES" and my screen name on it so I can meet some new peoples. Do lots of NES'ers attend these shoots? I've never been to this club before. In fact I've never fired a shot in RI's borders. [laugh]

Thinking of making a nametag with "NES" and my screen name on it so I can meet some new peoples. Do lots of NES'ers attend these shoots? I've never been to this club before. In fact I've never fired a shot in RI's borders. [laugh]
Ok, I was just looking for an update. I'll just sit tight

you wont regret signing up for it and get used to driving to Rhode Island a few times a year!, Wallum lake puts on awesome matches. Walls Of Steel may be my favorite match every year, I've hit every Walls since 2012, most of the mini walls and most of the fall walls

you wont regret signing up for it and get used to driving to Rhode Island a few times a year!, Wallum lake puts on awesome matches. Walls Of Steel may be my favorite match every year, I've hit every Walls since 2012, most of the mini walls and most of the fall walls

And don't forget about their action shotgun, pro am, and of course their weekly steel matches. If you could only shoot at one club you would have a hard time beating Wallum Lake.

Anyone have an idea of approximate round count for this event? I was going to bring a couple hundred rounds but I have no idea if that's enough. Never shot this one before.

Anyone have an idea of approximate round count for this event? I was going to bring a couple hundred rounds but I have no idea if that's enough. Never shot this one before.

I'm not sure what Jim has in store this year. Usually WoS is up to 30 or 32 pieces of steel and 6 stages (if you don't miss). I usually plan on 50 rounds per stage 6 stages or 300 rounds.

I'm not sure what Jim has in store this year. Usually WoS is up to 30 or 32 pieces of steel and 6 stages (if you don't miss). I usually plan on 50 rounds per stage 6 stages or 300 rounds.

If you haven't shot steel before, I'd bump that up to 350-450. Or just multiply number of mags x 10 rounds x 6 stages. Leave some in your car if you want at the start so you're not lugging it around. But I see plenty of guys going 1 for 2 (300-350 rounds) and running out of ammo would suck.

If you haven't shot steel before, I'd bump that up to 350-450. Or just multiply number of mags x 10 rounds x 6 stages. Leave some in your car if you want at the start so you're not lugging it around. But I see plenty of guys going 1 for 2 (300-350 rounds) and running out of ammo would suck.

Good advice. Better to have an not need than to need and not have.

There is normally anywhere between 150-180 pieces of steel to knock down and some of them will be smaller than you'd like them to be. I would suggest a minimum of 6 magazines (more is better) and at least 400 rounds of ammo. Then prepare to have a LOT of fun!!!

Back
Top Bottom