• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2016 Hunting Thread

Hunting season aint over yet guys! Now that my son has his FID and his own license we are going to hit some power lines for rabbits Saturday morning. We don't have dogs but.....I just was youtubin and saw a cool vid on guys that "drive" cotton tails. We are going to give it a go with the shotguns. The concept is not any different than driving deer just on a smaller scale.

Actually a pretty good amateur hunting vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Icjyq_ftbQw

Hunting season aint over yet guys! Now that my son has his FID and his own license we are going to hit some power lines for rabbits Saturday morning. We don't have dogs but.....I just was youtubin and saw a cool vid on guys that "drive" cotton tails. We are going to give it a go with the shotguns. The concept is not any different than driving deer just on a smaller scale.

Good luck. Let us know how you make out.

Bob

That is what it is all about! But GD Boy, open that bolt or it may be your 1st & last hunt.

Yeah......not exactly a "perfect" hunting video......also would have been better if he had not mentioned the fine they were gonna get for not wearing red. But the sentiment is there.

Yeah......not exactly a "perfect" hunting video......also would have been better if he had not mentioned the fine they were gonna get for not wearing red. But the sentiment is there.
Wow...Didn't hear the confession. Between the bolt and the violation, takes away some of the goodness that this should be.

IDK about you - but my deer hunting season is just getting STARTED. I "hunt" now so when "shooting" season opens I know where the deer are.

IDK about you - but my deer hunting season is just getting STARTED. I "hunt" now so when "shooting" season opens I know where the deer are.

The rabbit hunt was fun as hell. My son and I took turns pushing the thickets in the powerlines trying to flush one out. My son did flush one out and I whiffed. We had a good laugh! Kept hunting.....Shared some coffee...Hunted some more.....shot the breeze. Had a good time.

I did bump a small heard on the way into the powerlines though!

The rabbit hunt was fun as hell. My son and I took turns pushing the thickets in the powerlines trying to flush one out. My son did flush one out and I whiffed. We had a good laugh! Kept hunting.....Shared some coffee...Hunted some more.....shot the breeze. Had a good time.

I did bump a small heard on the way into the powerlines though!

Nice. I'm tempted to take the dogs out for rabbits, but that slickass, bulletproof coating on ground is dangerously slick. I may just head out with some crampons, leaving the pointer at home and take the cocker. Less chance of the little dog taking a debilitating spill.

Nice. I'm tempted to take the dogs out for rabbits, but that slickass, bulletproof coating on ground is dangerously slick. I may just head out with some crampons, leaving the pointer at home and take the cocker. Less chance of the little dog taking a debilitating spill.

No snow in Merrimac valley at all.

Grabbed a couple copies of 2017 mass fish hunt guide from walmart earlier, got home and noticed someone already snagged the kittery coupons out of them!

Was hoping to use one towards a trail cam, oh well ill try again..

I think that last page (54?) was left out completely. Wasn't there in any of the copies I saw.

I may just head out with some crampons, leaving the pointer at home and take the cocker.

I'm down to one setter right now but have been looking at ECSs for my first flushing dog. Whole new adventure for me, flushing dogs, but I have seen some awesome ones. Any ECS experiences you could share are appreciated. How do you like him/her, what breeders you like, health, temperament, etc.

I'm down to one setter right now but have been looking at ECSs for my first flushing dog. Whole new adventure for me, flushing dogs, but I have seen some awesome ones. Any ECS experiences you could share are appreciated. How do you like him/her, what breeders you like, health, temperament, etc.

Sorry, no experience with the English Cocker. I hunt with an American Cocker, which has turned out to be a hunting machine. One thing with the American Cockers, their coat can slow them down. Ours gets a close "sport cut" from the groomer regularly during bird season.

View attachment 189495

Referring to post 94 through 105 by me for clarity. I got my moose head back today.
AFEFE978-30D0-430C-912E-B76D51DF1421.jpg

Almost 10 hours in the truck today with all the leaf-peepers and cluster in the Nashua-Concord area.

Heading to Tioga for Hogs end of this month with son & FiL.

Back
Top Bottom