2016 Hunting Thread

I've been lucky enough to have 6 does within range which I've passed on so far this season. I had a really nice doe 14 yards out which I passed on cause it was getting dark and it was early in the season and I didn't bring my glasses lol. Spent the rest of bow season waiting for her to come back. I've been hunting in a blind with my younger two kids so passing has been teaching them patience and to wait for the right deer and the right shot.

Congrats Dropride!!

StevieP, yup, lots of paperback novels :) Read one page, scan everything around for while then read another. Takes a while to get through a book but helped pass the time, especially in bow stands that were thick and you would generally heard them coming before you would see them!

I'm off to Blue Hills on Wednesday with hopes to knock down a doe or two, not that I'd pass up a buck!

Finally filled a tag this season last night. Had 2 does come in at sunset and took the bigger of the 2. Damn thing went across a knee deep stream and died on the other banking. So i ended up getting soaked going across to get it.

Last chance deer are always satisfying.

Nothing this morning except an old Portuguese guy who was disappointed to find me in his (my) stand.

He stomped around for a bit and was yapping on his cell phone...came by again to tell me his partners were pushing some deer this way.
A real cluster.

But that's what you get hunting on a WMA.........[rolleyes]

Nothing this morning except an old Portuguese guy who was disappointed to find me in his (my) stand.

He stomped around for a bit and was yapping on his cell phone...came by again to tell me his partners were pushing some deer this way.
A real cluster.

I'm assuming he didn't walk up to your stand until after sunrise too?

First time hunting yesterday. Was out in the stand at 4am. Heard something walk by at about 4:30 and nothing for the next 6 hours. Looking forward to getting out there again on Saturday.

A real cluster.

Stands left on public land are for public use... I would never touch another guy's equipment personally but if you leave it out there then that's to be expected.. From what I've seen of other hunters - my policy is absolutely the exception - not the rule.

Stands left on public land are for public use... I would never touch another guy's equipment personally but if you leave it out there then that's to be expected.. From what I've seen of other hunters - my policy is absolutely the exception - not the rule.

I agree. My stand has been out there for three years. Behind my house but on state land.
It's locked to tree but no one has ever messed with it to include haul up rope.

Several times I have gone to use it and someone has beat me to it. No problem.
But I don't walk up to base of tree and starting talking loudly. I exit area as quietly as I can...

Got these two in NY last week (button buck and 6 point). Nothing in MA so far.

lxy3gmt.jpg

07ruTBv.jpg

Back
Top Bottom