• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2014 Hunting Megathread

Thanks alot. Heres a pic of him now. I didnt have the money right now to mount this one so i put his cap on one of these new camo bucks. Was gonna use it for a garage mount but he's in my sons room for now.
8d23fe50cf4922d1326e48020f745f52.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didnt get a shotgun deer this year so i pulled her out for one day and bag a 150lb nine pointer! My biggest buck yet. Shot him at 10 feet! Had to yell at it to stop him from running me over then blasted him straight on and dropped him in his tracks.

So you shot that buck with a muzzle loader while it was running straight at you? This was during shotgun season or primitive season? Either way, that's pretty friggin epic man! Where you in a ground blind?

It was the last saterday of muzzleloader seaon. I was hunting with my brother father uncle and a buddy. We dont normally do drives but this late in the season there not just gonna walk up to your stand. So i had been doing alot of the pushing so on this stop my brother took my place as a pusher. We all got set up, i was sitting on a small quad trail. All of a sudden i see a big body slipping through the trees, i could see he had antlers and thats all i needed to see, so i was totally focused on keeping my sights on him. It looked like he was going to pass me broadside at about 15 yards then out of the blue he turns to come onto the trail right in the exact spot im sitting. Thats where i bawled at him and stopped him in his tracks 10 feet away. He gave me that look like, oh crap. Then bang i squeezed off the shot and he stiffened up and tipped over like a big tree that had just been cut.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deer are going to have a rough go of it this winter...

You're not kidding! Before this storm, the deer tracks that I was seeing were huge from them dragging their body's through the snow. Saw this guy right after the last storm looking for anything to eat.
IMG_20150209_064611719_zpswpmwzpsy.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

My brother called me to ask what to feed the five deer in the tree line behind his house. Told him to call the epo and have the freezer ready. There will be mass starvation shortly.

It's not going above freezing anytime soon either. So all this snow is going to be here a while. All the folks in rural suburbia are going to get upset. I see lots of deer coming out of the woods to munch on their nice ornamental evergreens. I see lots of arborvitaes are going down..

I've pulled three deer carcass' out of the snowmobile trail this year so far. A guy on the other side of town feeds a group of a dozen or so out behind him. Two of the have a broken foreleg.

Today was opening day for ducks in Maine - anyone have any luck? I went out for a few hours this morning - brought some in to my decoy spread, but most shied away just before coming into range (the only set that came all the way in were right after legal shooting started, so it was still pretty dark and I didn't see them until it was too late). I'll be out tomorrow morning - maybe a little better luck.

And even though I didn't have duck for dinner, I did get to enjoy the morning looking at this beautiful scenery:
View attachment 115746

I am reviving this thread and quoting myself in it because as of October 28th, I will be the owner of the beautiful spot where I had this nice duck blind last year. The house on the land is amazing and the owners are friends of ours so we were able to get it at a nice price. Couldn't be more excited.

Gonna kill me some squirrels in the next few weeks if my rifle has anything to do with it! Anyone know how to clean those things? First time hunter...professional killer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom