2013 white tail hunting pictures and experiences.

I missed these 3 does and 2 bucks every time I check my trail cam they were in the area before or after I was, sooner or later we will meet they come at all different hours noon 6am 4:30 am all over there's no schedule at all the bucks have been rubbing like crazy

Have the woods been quiet for anyone else in the last 7-10 days?

Ironic you ask. Sunday morning I went out in Merrimack, NH. Figuring the cold snap and little bit of sleet/snow would have had them up and moving. Not even a squirrel. Chatted with a friend who was doing the same in Dunbarton, NH. Also no sign. both spots typically have very high doe traffic.

Later that day we went to Hopkinton, NH and sat until dark. One squirrel. No dear. definitely not what we expected.

Fitz

Have the woods been quiet for anyone else in the last 7-10 days?

I wrote on here that I had a string failure at full draw on a doe that has been coming to my field EVERY day this season. That spooked her and the others with her. I have not seen ONE deer since last Thursday either in my field or in my woods trailcams. Don't know if I spooked them or something else is up. Very quiet.

Ok I thought I was the only one...things seemed to just drop off after I shot my buck opening day...calm before the storm?...hope your bows ok freedom...thats a punch to the gut.

Ok I thought I was the only one...things seemed to just drop off after I shot my buck opening day...calm before the storm?...hope your bows ok freedom...thats a punch to the gut.

Yea, not a cheapie; Carbon Element. Second time it happened. Nice bow but no good if it fails before or during the shot. The first time it happened when I placed my bow down next to my stand to find my hauling rope in the leaves so I could attach it before I climbed. When I picked the bow back up the string was off it. I had to trek home to get my old Parker and when I got back I was sweating. A few minutes later I got busted because I smelled like a human pie. That was on day 1 September 15th. Took a month to get another opportunity.

The shop I bought it at put a new string on it the second time but it still doesn't explain the mishaps. Burned my field of deer, and maybe even my woods, I think. Hoping they didn't move on. They were bedding next to the field. Now I am into muzzleloader season but will need the bow after firearms.

Decided to ground stalk today, around 0615 a beautiful doe appeared about 50 yds from me. She must have spotted me because she started huffing, head bobbing, and stomping her feet. She then jumped back fifteen feet.

Apparently she really wanted to pass by me, because she came back and repeated the whole charade, then she did it a third time. After this time however she was done with me and ran off.

Unfortunately she didn't give me a shot worth taking with my bow the whole time. I think my tree stand is going up there tmr.

It's okay I didn't get a shot thought, because seeing s deer that vocal is not something I see every day.

Just had a mother and her 3 young ones walk right under my stand. Had no clue I was there, what a rush !! So tempting to kill her, but I Want to keep her around for a while, plus I already got meat.

Whooo...getting ready to go to Wisconsin to unleash the 300 win mag!

No fun with just the damn black powder or sluggo

Just saw a big buck nose to the ground. Wouldn't of even saw him if I didn't turn around to take a piss... Didn't have a good shot, and he wouldn't respond to me trying to stop him.

Just saw a big buck nose to the ground. Wouldn't of even saw him if I didn't turn around to take a piss... Didn't have a good shot, and he wouldn't respond to me trying to stop him.

Sounds like its starting to heat up. I'll be out tomorrow and Monday.

So I had a doe sneak up to the left side of my blind without me hearing her. When I noticed her she was staring at the blind and pounding her foot on the ground. I felt that by the way she was acting she would slowly walk past it so I wanted for the perfect shot. When she went by she did a little jog and I could not reposition to take a shot. Once she was by me a little buck came in further back and I took a shot at him but missed. I probably should not even shot at him since I did not realize the underbrush was so thick (I found out later when I went to look for my arrow).

In hind sight I should have taken the good shot on the doe instead of waiting for the perfect shot. Lesson learned and it was great to see some deer again.

Back
Top Bottom