2013 white tail hunting pictures and experiences.

The camera does take some pretty nice photos...its one of cabela's new ones they came out with this year! Rob thats sweet and glad I'm not the only one...I didn't think it was a coyote at first but after further review and now you seeing the same thing its confirmed and he'll be down if I get a chance! Had another coyote come in this morning with a"traditional" coat but no shot.

Went out this evening, nothing. But camera shows them there at night, sunrise and during evening light. Just not when I'm in the stand. I'll be doing a few days a week until my vaca in Nov.

Took my daughter out hunting for the first time she hunts like I do most of the time (asleep)
dyhyqe6e.jpg

Took my daughter out hunting for the first time she hunts like I do most of the time (asleep)
dyhyqe6e.jpg

Great choice of colors. Dont let her out without orange on.

-Proud to be dad every day, a licensed plumber most days, and wish I was a shoemaker on others.

I took my boys last year in the blind. Wasn't expecting anything. I set up not far from a friend that was hunting his stand that afternoon. He made his way to us, grunting and rattling. My boys nearly crapped their pants. They both took turns calling, and and rattleing, thinking they were calling in this deer. Great day in the woods!!

UUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHHGGGG!

This morning I was SICK to my stomach. [puke]

Finally had the big head bitch doe come in that has been busting me in my stand and blind for 5 weeks. She walked into the lane 20yds broadside as I held at full draw. Wind was perfect, plenty of light, she had no idea I was there. When I released, the arrow went 10 feet and fell into the ground. I looked down and my bowstring was off the cam and badly frayed in one spot. [crying]

We are talking a Carbon Element which I JUST HAD tuned after a similar instance when the string came off when I set it down before climbing into my tree stand. By the time I got back with my old bow I was sweating and the same doe busted me 30 minutes later.

Even worse, today's episode was in my field and my wife and kids were watching from the window of the house as the whole group of does took off. They have been calling me Linus: You know the Charlie Brown character who waits for the Great Pumpkin and it never comes. Totally embarrassed. Anyone want to buy a used Carbon Element? I have had it with this bow. Muzzleloader is ready for Saturday.[mg]

second day out free landowner 2013 got this nice fork horn buck with my old reliable Remington 700 ADL in 270. the exit wound is the one you see, entrance was on the other side just behind the shoulder. 130 grain remington cor-lokt, he trotted about 40 feet after i shot, got wobbly and dropped.

Four points on the right, spike on the left, 175lbs (heart, liver intact).

Sat down twenty minutes before legal time, one shot at ten minutes into the season. One of the shortest hunting seasons ever - a whole 1/2 hour. I'll take it, though. First one in five years.

deer2013_004.jpg

So. Ten minutes before sunset I spotted this big ol doe about 100 yards away completely off the game trails I was hunting. When I got out of my stand, had to go see what made her appear and stay over there...well some guy was baiting the **** out of that area, deer pellets and apples all over.

So. Ten minutes before sunset I spotted this big ol doe about 100 yards away completely off the game trails I was hunting. When I got out of my stand, had to go see what made her appear and stay over there...well some guy was baiting the **** out of that area, deer pellets and apples all over.

Call the EPO and dont hunt that stand again till you talk to him.

Back
Top Bottom