2013 white tail hunting pictures and experiences.

Every person I've ever met out hunting, has been super nice.

Didn't stop me from pissing under their treestands, though. [grin]

Find a licking branch, scrape up the ground under it with your feet or a stick, piss in it. Hang a camera, and watch the magic...

I've had many deer come to my mock scrapes and work them over.

I hunt only private land in towns requiring written permission via bylaw. It cuts out 99% of the douchbags. And the ones you do find you can call the cops on...

Do you do anything with the branch, or just make the mock scrape?

Don't touch the branch!! Make the mock scrape under the branch, but make sure the deer can get to the branch.

The scrape must have a licking branch like this.
7A9EEB50-404A-4428-A234-D7A540F01AEF-11382-00000ECABE8A1AFB_zps570e1052.jpg

452BA404-49DD-4772-A4E1-15FBD1AD5731-11382-00000ECCBF4710DD_zps12611887.jpg

Last edited:
Novice hunter here. My first season of deer hunting has not started well. Been scouting locations for weeks now getting ready. My hunting partner goes out today. As he was packing up to leave after a number of hours with no success and he was greeted by some scumbag hunter threatening him with "a F$*%ing beating" for hunting in "his spot." This spot is private property (location verified by GPS) and we have written permission from the land owner. The land owner also told us that we are the only ones who he has granted permission to. We've already counted probably a dozen illegal stands on the property...

I was really hoping to find a community of good, responsible and ethical hunter who would welcome a newb and impart some knowledge...so much for that..

You should have made like an indian and Custered him.

Awesome job guys. I went out this morn sure was chilly. I hade one go by me 5 min after I got in my stand but it was still total darkness. I am going to attempt to try my other spot that I usually go to for shotgun see what happens.

I was out today, saw nothing...everyone and their brother was out hunting birds. Tons of 2 and 3 round shots in the distance, heard a couple dogs when the wind blew right too.

I highly recommend getting a nice ground blind over the tree stand I made the switch 2 years ago and won't go back I know it depends on the territory you hunt but some of the good points are -not falling out of a tree
- cover from the elements
-you can actually move around with out being seen
-sitting in a nice Coleman folding chair with a wool blanket and Nes on tapatalk
-I think it masks your scent a little more than being up in the wind
- not having to wear camo black actually works best

Good luck guys
4uge2u3e.jpg
. Notice the Nes sticker

Back
Top Bottom