2010 MAINE - ANY MOOSE - WMD 23

GM-GUY

NES Member
I won the Lottery tonight [smile][smile][smile][smile][smile]

Been putting in for 10 chances a year since 2001.

Anyone know anything about this area or a good guide for it would be greatly appreciated.

From what I read it's a Full November hunt.

Thanks for any info and I hope those of you who put in won also.

I won the Lottery tonight [smile][smile][smile][smile][smile]

Been putting in for 10 chances a year since 2001.

Anyone know anything about this area or a good guide for it would be greatly appreciated.

From what I read it's a Full November hunt.

Thanks for any info and I hope those of you who put in won also.
Congrats. Have been hunting 23 for 40 yrs for deer. (Jackson, Dixmont). Have seen moose and sign in the Long Swamp area. Good luck. Son Lance in Fitzwilliam, NH got a permit for his area-either sex for this year. The lucky bugger (actually his wife) drew a permit in 2007 and they took a big bull right behind his house. Lots of moose aroud there. Jack.

Last edited:
Thanks 1-i-jack ;)

I'm taking my father-in-law, he's pretty happy with it. I also realized it's also deer season that month, so I can take a crack at Bullwinkle [laugh] & Bambi [laugh].

I usually just hunt Mass so this will be new. The only out of state I have done was Caribou in Quebec in 2008 > He's on the wall after 1.5yrs at the Taxidermist, excellent job though.

I just spoke with a friend whose family does guided hunts... he suggested that you try to swap for district 6, 7, or 8. I have a phone number if you're interested.

I thought about the swap as my first choices were further north, but I think I'm going with the luck of the draw at the moment. I found a site that lists several guides that service WMD 23 and I'll see what they say and what success they have had before I commit to a swap.

Back
Top Bottom