2009 IDPA MA State Championship - June 6 & 7

The Rod & Gun Club of New Bedford will be hosting the 2009 IDPA MA State Championship on June 6 & 7. This will be a 9 stage match (2 will be on the indoor range and will require the use of a flashlight) shot in a single day format. There will be morning and afternoon squads on Saturday and morning squads on Sunday. Breakfast and lunch available from the kitchen.

For complete details, match flyer and entry forms, please visit the club's website at:

http://www.rodgun-nb.org/ap/schedules/IDPAMA2009.htm

Great event. Too bad I must miss it, as Jon and I are training a new crop of NRA Instructors.

Wow Cross! You could have given a lame excuse like, "Oh, I have to pick up my inlaws at Logan" or something like that. Hell, I wouldn't have noticed until the scores posted! You are a true friend!

Maybe Filthy D can put us on the Saturday AM squad and we can give the class 6 1/2 hours for their first break-out session!

Wow Cross! You could have given a lame excuse like, "Oh, I have to pick up my inlaws at Logan" or something like that. Hell, I wouldn't have noticed until the scores posted! You are a true friend!

Maybe Filthy D can put us on the Saturday AM squad and we can give the class 6 1/2 hours for their first break-out session!

Jon - can't we have this as part of the course??? [grin]

What does "single day format" mean?

If I am busy on Saturday can I shoot the entire match on Sunday?

What does "single day format" mean?

If I am busy on Saturday can I shoot the entire match on Sunday?

All shooting is completed within one day. On Saturday there are AM squads and PM squads. Sunday only one group of shooters go out in the AM.

So- yes you can shoot everything on Sunday.

Thanks for the kind words, but I am just part of a great team that puts this match on year after year. The folks that really make this match (any match really, but I'm a bit partial to these guys and gals) are all the folks that setup and run the stages, registration, scores, kitchen, etc. It takes a lot of people to put on any great match.

Hope to see all the familiar faces and meet some new ones this year.

You need to be classified.
10 May at New Bedford
24 May at Harvard

Respectfully,
jkelly

Who wants to shoot on an NES squad? I'm free either day, but I believe Hanwei and Underwhere are only free Sunday.

UPDATE: This match is filling up fast. There are only 2 spots left for Saturday morning. Saturday afternoon and Sunday are more than half-full. If you're planning to shoot this match, please get your entries in now.

I can't wait for this...but I can't find any trigger time lately.

Will it make any difference if I am currently classified as SS and during a classifier before the State Championships I make expert (hope)?

De,
Should you advance to the Expert Classification before the States, and I'm sure you will, your score will be grouped with other Experts to determine your place of finish, rather than your current classification of SS.

Respectfully,
jkelly

There have been a lot of new names signing up for the match. Great to see the amount of interest in IDPA shooting is continuing to grow.

Update:
Saturday AM squads are full
Saturday PM squads - 2 spots left
Sunday squads - 7 spots left

If you want to shoot the match, please call the contact on the flyer.

Never shot a match like this.

How stringent are the rules going to be? Will we need to chrono ammo? Never done that before. Will someone check our pistols to see if they "fit in the box" and fall within the IDPA rules etc?

Never shot a match like this.

How stringent are the rules going to be? Will we need to chrono ammo? Never done that before. Will someone check our pistols to see if they "fit in the box" and fall within the IDPA rules etc?

Were you thinking only the odd numbered rules with lower case subsections on even numbered pages will be enforced?

This is a Major IDPA-Sanctioned match put together by a very well-respected and seasoned Match Director and crew. The requirements to obtain and maintain that status are clearly delineated in the rulebook.

What are your expectations?

I wish I could make it - Dave does an outstanding job.

Craig

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom