$20 1 year NRA membership ($15 off) or $300 for lifetime NRA membership ($700 off)

I think mine took 5-6 weeks. How did you order it? You can probably call them to see what's going on. 1-877-NRA-2000

online. and even sent an email 3 weeks ago and nada.

Give them a call -- they should be able to look it up. Recruiters don't get to see who signed up under them, when using normal recruiter links, until they get their monthly notice. And direct NRA links (like the nra-2013.org one), don't give us any info about who signed up. Calling them should be the easiest way to check on the status. If they charged your card I'm sure they'll get it resolved for you as that would mean they received it.

Not sure I understand how this works ethically. The link is designed for the OP to "gift" a membership to someone but according to the instructions on the linked page the person actually getting the membership is paying for it with their own funds. Doesn't sound like a gift from the OP. Although some posters have said they did this and upgraded their membership the page where I enter my info does not ask for my current membership number. It appears a new account would be opened. Has anyone done this and received an extended membership on their current ID or do you get a new ID?

Also, the link says explicitly
Available only to friends and family members who are not current members of the NRA. (emphasis added)
Since I am already a member this requirement disqualifies me even if the OP was actually paying for this "gift." I am all for saving money, and $700 is a big savings, but it is not worth compromising my own values. And if you really do support the NRA I am not sure why anyone would deceptively cheat them.

If the NRA was on board with folks using this to honestly extend/upgrade current memberships I would be all over it. I would be interested if they have an opinion on this scenario.

Last edited:
Thank you!!! I just signed up for lifetime membership, I have been putting off joining the NRA for a long time and when I joined I planned on annual.

Not sure I understand how this works ethically. The link is designed for the OP to "gift" a membership to someone but according to the instructions on the linked page the person actually getting the membership is paying for it with their own funds. Doesn't sound like a gift from the OP. Although some posters have said they did this and upgraded their membership the page where I enter my info does not ask for my current membership number. It appears a new account would be opened. Has anyone done this and received an extended membership on their current ID or do you get a new ID?

Also, the link says explicitly Since I am already a member this requirement disqualifies me even if the OP was actually paying for this "gift." I am all for saving money, and $700 is a big savings, but it is not worth compromising my own values. And if you really do support the NRA I am not sure why anyone would deceptively cheat them.

If the NRA was on board with folks using this to honestly extend/upgrade current memberships I would be all over it. I would be interested if they have an opinion on this scenario.

As an official NRA recruiter I do not see it as "cheating" at all -- Considering you can call the NRA and say "I want the $300 lifetime membership. Here is my sponsor's info" and they will give it to you. I know because that's how I got my life membership. It's the exact same thing.

As an official NRA recruiter I do not see it as "cheating" at all -- Considering you can call the NRA and say "I want the $300 lifetime membership. Here is my sponsor's info" and they will give it to you. I know because that's how I got my life membership. It's the exact same thing.

Thanks for following up. I didn't call but I was able to upgrade my current membership online without a sponsor by entering just my information at this link:

Official NRA Membership Application

$20 1 year NRA membership ($15 off) or $300 for lifetime NRA membership ($700 o

Hopefully ill have the money to do this soon. Thanks for the opportunity!

[h=1]THANKS WOLF!!
Your transaction is now complete![/h]THANK YOU again for your ironclad commitment to the freedoms that have made America the greatest nation in history. As we begin these four very dangerous years for the Second Amendment, always remember that you are the strength of this country, not Barack Obama.
Through your sacrifice and courage, I’m convinced that we will keep the torch of freedom burning in the battles ahead, for our children and for generations to come. On behalf of the entire NRA, thank you again for your personal determination to save the Second Amendment and all the freedoms we cherish.
Wayne LaPierre
Executive Vice President
nraLogoBlock.jpg
An e-mail confirmation of your transaction will be sent shortly

Back
Top Bottom