1st TAG competition match

Question,

I will be firing in my first TAG match the end of this June. Uniform requires LCE/LBV with 2 mag pouches and canteen or CamelBack. Course of fire is multiple positions wth reloads for M16 and 9m. Does anyone have any recommendations on an LBE set up with leg holster that will offer the least amount of interference in the multiple positions? Anyone have any experience with uncomfortable setup with lessons learned. Please feel free to email me.

THANKS!

Marc Winans

Tag match

TAG is just short for The Adjutant General. The competition is a state wide military competitioin. It folows the same format at matches like the Army wide rifle and pistol matches. Winning teams from this event go onto the army wide event.

Errr, sorry Derek I just do some defensive training with like minded shooters.

My rig is as homemade as can be with a tool belt from Lowes, an old GI M16 mag pouch, and a drop leg holster. I don't wear anything else.

I bet if you post this on arfcom you'll get a lot more feedback.

Just make sure you can get into the prone position to shoot. Move the ammo pouches to two and ten o'clock. Also make sure the ammo belt isn't too tight. If it flops around you can flop it out of position. If it's tight your stuck with what you have.

Not sure if the course of fire is the same, but we never had to shoot rifle and pistol in the same stage. We just put the holster out of the way on the right hip. Never used a drop holster.

B

Don't worry about the holster, you shouldn't be drawing from it anyway. I use an LBV, but most folks are using the old LCE with mag pouches on the sides so they don't dig into you in the prone position. Your best bet is to put your gear on, then get into a kneeling and prone position. If something is causing problems, move it around. You won't be doing speed reloads or anything like that, so comfort is your priority. Hope that helps.

Back
Top Bottom