1st Annual Official (*Unofficial*) NES Secret Santa - 2020 (Archive)

Lol. Looks like "Joining" ain't quite the same as "RSVPing"... [rofl2]

You guys know you have a 50/50 shot at me bearing fruit from this... right?

I'll try like Hell though...
~Enbloc

Lol. It might help if you put your NES handle in your name somewhere... I think.

Or maybe your avatar...

Last edited:
Hey. What happens if I start trolling Elfster and my NES trolling suffers...? Serious Question. [rofl2]

So, as others have done in RSVP’ing and posted their screen names in quotes for easy identification, I neglected to do so. However, it should be relatively self explanatory 🙄

Alright I registered with Elfster. We’re not making wish lists correct?
I tried, but it said; "Not suitable for online content"... or something to that effect...

I think we are just "Re-gifting" something new that we already own. I put something up just to see how it all works.

Question: If we post what we are offering up... where's the "surprise" in that???

I found you a bigger one...
(I'd recognized the thumbnail version).

That's even fancier than the nicest goat locker aboard Midway,
let alone the wardroom.
Which weren't all that shabby.
(We toured her last year in San Diego).

Carriers are big, but I guess there's a lot of bandwidth in an Iowa.

Ok, so no work for Mods...

We’ll use the Elfster.com App (see link) this will keep all contact anonymous for all except the person who you pick and have to ship to.

1. Suggested Minimum Value $25.

2. I set the “Gift Exchange” date to 12/18 so that there’s a few days to mail out items/meet up, as appropriate. This created an RSVP date of 12/10

3. This is Entirely voluntary, but more that participate the more interesting this will be so pass this along.

4. Too gay for @EddieCoyle... 🙄

5. Endorsed by @enbloc... 😎
I need some more details before I sign up. I read that people are posting their SN? Isnt the point of this so that no one knows who you are?

And how are we told who we need to mail something to?
Why does your post mention meeting up with someone?

I need some more details before I sign up. I read that people are posting their SN? Isnt the point of this so that no one knows who you are?

And how are we told who we need to mail something to?
Why does your post mention meeting up with someone?

Good questions. I’m sure others may be wondering the same thing, so I’ll try my best to clarify —

- you have to register in the Elfster App.

- When registering, you give Elfster your contact info, that way your name and address aren’t broadcast all over NES if you don’t want it to be.

- When registering, you give Elfster your name. Most of us have included our SN because in general you can see a list of who is participating (everyone is secretly hoping to get @enbloc 😁), but you won’t know whoever draws you (makes sense?) The SN is just the list of who is “in” using our SNs rather than our real names in most instances.

- Elfster does the matching randomly. You find out who has been matched to you and it gives you their contact info. to mail out the gifts (true secret santa style, you don’t know who got you). I only mentioned meeting up, because a lot of us have met up previously through FTF or events, etc. and maybe you wanna be like “hey Mtn_Guy, I pulled your name... let’s grab a beer...” (yeah, that’s not exactly how a secret santa is supposed to work, it’s just an option to be social in an otherwise sh*tty year, that’s all).

Kinda want to do this, but I have no idea what I would buy.

Well, just in case you should draw my name, feel free to ship me a case of 9MM 😆

...seriously though, it can be anything really. What was the last cool-guy thing you bought yourself? Do you have a favorite brand pocket knife you carry? — that kinda stuff.

Suggestions:
- Ammo
- Gun cleaning supplies
- Pocket knife
- Swag (t-shirt, stickers, morale patches. etc)
- Gift Cards
- Scratch Tickets
- Booze
- Combination of the above

I think the idea (at least in my mind) is I plan to give something I’d like to receive myself. Speaking for myself, I’ve spent a lot of time on NES through Covid for humor, local SITREP, etc. and was just looking for another way we can all connect.

After the secret santa closes and people begin to receive their stuff, we can post pictures (if you want) of the awesome stuff you received.

This is the first time (in a long time I think) this has been tried, so we’re working out the bumps along the way a bit. But if all goes reasonably well, next year hopefully more people will participate.

Well, just in case you should draw my name, feel free to ship me a case of 9MM 😆

...seriously though, it can be anything really. What was the last cool-guy thing you bought yourself? Do you have a favorite brand pocket knife you carry? — that kinda stuff.

Suggestions:
- Ammo
- Gun cleaning supplies
- Pocket knife
- Swag (t-shirt, stickers, morale patches. etc)
- Gift Cards
- Scratch Tickets
- Booze
- Combination of the above

I think the idea (at least in my mind) is I plan to give something I’d like to receive myself. Speaking for myself, I’ve spent a lot of time on NES through Covid for humor, local SITREP, etc. and was just looking for another way we can all connect.

After the secret santa closes and people begin to receive their stuff, we can post pictures (if you want) of the awesome stuff you received.

This is the first time (in a long time I think) this has been tried, so we’re working out the bumps along the way a bit. But if all goes reasonably well, next year hopefully more people will participate.
Should be fun. Will we know the screen name of the person we got so we can creep thier posts to see what they like?

Back
Top Bottom