1903a3 front sight blades

mac1911

NES Member
I need shorter front side blades for my 03a3. Shoots low. So far I have not found any with the proper markings to get close to the right hieght
My front sight blade is unmarked also.
Im looking for blades marked C,D or E
I would rather not file the only sight I have.

When I was looking to sight in a Swede M96 I have for 100 yards I found a tall sight blade and bougt a file with me to the range. Shot by shot with file work in between I slowly worked it to a perfect zero at 100 yards. I know the front sight is totally different but maybe the same could be done with your 03A3.

Yes no problem doing it like that.....the 03s front sight blade can be easily changed out.. I was just looking to save a little time and effort. I do not want to file the front blade I have at the moment. I will find and or make a front sight blade(s) to play with.
I have decided to get a new C style stock set for it so that will keep me busy for a while before I get to the sight.

Try a Google search for Bill Bentz and you will probably get links to CMP posts that have his contact info. He makes sights for the 03 and A3 in different heights. He also makes a very nice copy of the USMC #10 sight set for the 03 and a USMC back cut front sight that is thicker for the A3 and built to any height you desire. His email is [email protected].

thank you, already found Mr Bentz. I will be ordering from him soon. I may make a few sights myself to get the prpoer hieght then have him make up a nice one for me.

Back
Top Bottom