• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

17-year-old arrested in killing of 2 people in Kenosha

A former official with the DuPage County Democratic Party in Illinois has come under fire for callous comments suggesting that Sunday night's mass murder at a Wisconsin Christmas parade was "karma" for the acquittal of Kyle Rittenhouse, according to Fox News.

Mary Lemanski
Mary Lemanski, who was listed as the social media director for the Democratic Party chapter as of this morning, and whose name was removed minutes ago, mocked the Waukesha parade massacre that left at least five dead and 40 injured as "probably just self-defense," and "karma" following the verdict in Kenosha.
That's one sick bitch.
I'm hoping she's lesbian with no intention to breed.

He IS a public figure, but "he's a white supremacist" is pretty inflammatory. And, of course, using the term "murderous" is demonstrably untrue and inaccurate. And, since this is a "news outlet," that's built-in slander perhaps.

I dunno. IANAL. But even filing a suit might be enough to make some of these idiots think before they speak. #wishfulthinking
In terms of tort law, he's not a "public figure." So yeah, he has some serious grounds on which to grind their grit.

It's a stretch to say that he is, especially as he never intentionally sought to become one. This is as opposed to the standard examples of public figures: politicians, celebrities, ...

He’s a public figure now, over 1/2 the country knows his name. Last year though, he wasn’t and it’s a much lower bar for non public figures to sue for defamation. Anyone who defamed him in the summer and fall of 202 should start looking for counsel.

He’s a public figure now, over 1/2 the country knows his name. Last year though, he wasn’t and it’s a much lower bar for non public figures to sue for defamation. Anyone who defamed him in the summer and fall of 202 should start looking for counsel.
Regardless there's demonstrable actual malice.

Couple take aways:

1). Lin Wood and John Pierce are absolute scumbags. They wanted to use the kid as a cause instead of providing legal defense.

2). He doesn't strike me as being a republican or any kind of right wing person. He sounds more like a democrat than a republican.

3). He experienced first hand prosecutorial misconduct.
His left-leaning views will change fast enough when he starts getting doxed repeatedly for the rest of his life and at protested at any job he will try to hold.

Ironically, the way the left throws "white supremacist" and "racist" around actually limits their liability. There is no longer a consensus on what "white supremacist" or "racist" even means, and consequently it isn't even an objectively falsifiable claim. To them, Larry Elder is the "black face of white supremacy" for Pete's sake! At this point we have no choice but to interpret such claims coming from the political left and corporate media as a political ploy. I think we're getting there. Certainly even 5 years ago most people assumed a "white supremacist" was a stereotypical Neo-Nazi sort, and now I know they just call everyone a "white supremacist" and "racist" when there is any point of political disagreement. It's a dog whistle.

I don't know whether it will be worth his while financially, but I do hope Rittenhouse and/or his mother will pursue lawsuits where there is a decent chance of winning even a token rebuke for these willful liars. But they'll have to focus on objectively false claims and let the woke-speak accusations slide.
The other problem for the media outlets would be discovery if a judge lets it get that far. I suspect they will be offering money to avoid that.

I am posting this here as it really demonstrates how deep the Marxist culture war goes. I don't even think these Hollywood Pedo loving directors and executives know they are Communists. You think it is a coincidence that the CCP owns such large stakes of US Media companies, including news (propaganda) companies?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33wYcAnWJXg&ab_channel=OverlordDVD

Interesting article for those under 40 who don't remember Bernie Goetz, the NY subway rider who shot 4 defending himself. He was branded a vigilante and ended up doing a year not for the shooting but for having an unlicensed gun in NYC.

I see the point but society-wise it feels really different. I lived in NYC in the 80's and there wasn't anywhere remotely like the kind of divide we have now. Some people really disapproved of Goetz and some people cheered him on, but everybody in the city was sick of the shit and got where he was coming from. The vibe for the week or so between the shooting and Goetz turning himself in was unreal, nobody could decide if it was awesome or terrible that he might get away with it completely. Then again I was there in the middle of it, maybe people in Kenosha feel the same way this time around and it's only the people on the outside that complain.

Goetz showed up at a police station, waived his right to counsel, and rambled on tape for hours. If he'd shut up like Rittenhouse I'm not sure the case would have gone anywhere at all, and it took two grand juries and a bunch of prosecution f***ery to get the major charges to even go to trial despite that the self-defense case was much less clear-cut. He's still an unlikely hero to a lot of people but I never saw anything like the frothing hatred I see for Rittenhouse.

More firearm owners. That’s the spirit! It beats the humps calling for outright bans on them.
Remember: these humps are all federally PP, so none of their weapons will be registered and the rules we follow won’t apply to them.

Suppressors, drum mags, unlimited Soros dark money, explosive ordinance, high end IR gear and tactical support from the FBI are all possible.

No different than arming foreign gorilla fighters, which Soros, Langley and others have been doing for decades.

Last edited:
Remember: these humps are all federally PP, so none of their weapons will be registered and the rules we follow won’t apply to them.

Suppressors, drum mags, unlimited Soros dark money, explosive ordinance, high end IR gear and tactical support from the FBI are all possible.

No difference than arming foreign gorilla fighters, which Soros, Langley and others have been doing for decades.
Very, very good points.

Very, very good points.
It won’t be a fair fight you can be sure.

In addition to gov agency support, they’ll be well informed with local target lists of political enemies to attack.

Trump donors (FEC database), gun owners (anyone who has ever gone through the FBI background check system for gun purchase), the unvaccinated etc.

Hope for the best but prepare for the worst.

No different than arming foreign gorilla fighters, which Soros, Langley and others have been doing for decades.
Chimpanzees with machineguns. Meaning you can arm them up with everything but no one knows how to use any of it.

RC

Couple take aways:

1). Lin Wood and John Pierce are absolute scumbags. They wanted to use the kid as a cause instead of providing legal defense.

2). He doesn't strike me as being a republican or any kind of right wing person. He sounds more like a democrat than a republican.

3). He experienced first hand prosecutorial misconduct.

He attended a trump rally in Iowa in 2020, I definitely don’t think he’s a liberal or left of center. Also, he’s only 18, so he probably is a lot more interested in hanging out with friends than politics

It won’t be a fair fight you can be sure.

In addition to gov agency support, they’ll be well informed with local target lists of political enemies to attack.

Trump donors (FEC database), gun owners (anyone who has ever gone through the FBI background check system for gun purchase), the unvaccinated etc.

Hope for the best but prepare for the worst.
Once they see the back of the head of a few of their fellow agitators become a red mist from a 30 cal. hit. They will be running back to their mommy's basement.

So you're saying that their estates won't know what unregistered gear
no longer burdens their dead bodies.

In Greater Boston, the piles and mounds of unwanted furniture and home goods
left at the curb at the end of college moving weekend is known as "Allston Christmas".

I'm holding out for "Kenosha Christmas".

Billions and billions can provide plenty of surreptitious training. Be careful discounting your enemies' capabilities.
Training is only surreptitious if Project Veritas doesn't have a blinking blue light
perched atop a pine tree getting reams of video footage of it.

Well considering how much the Covington Kid was able to sue for, Rittenhouse ought to be able to top it by an order of magnitude or so.

Hypothetical List of Defendants in a Civil Suit?

President Biden
CNN
MSNBC
The View
The New York Times
The Washington Post
Who else?

It's a mix among the states. The very compressed version: For the self-defense element, some put the burden of proof on the prosecution once the defense raises it; some put it on the defense. Some make that first burden of proof a pretty low bar, some fairly high; in either case, rebuttable through a higher bar of evidence unless it's already at "beyond a reasonable doubt."

Longer version: 5.1 Criminal Defenses | Criminal Law
XLNT taxonomy.

In response to your other comment on civil immunity, yes, about half the states insulate a person acquitted on self-defense from future civil actions based on the same facts. This guy has a writeup on it for this case.
To be honest, last night I was so exhausted and preoccupied that it didn't even register
that the preliminary-hearing angle I was looking for was embedded in a section talking about
brush-back mechanisms against civil liability suits. [shocked]

Back
Top Bottom