14 year old murdeded in Boston...

http://www.boston.com/news/local/ma...t_killing_of_youth_leaves_hub_family_reeling/

Brace yourselves for another round of backlash against guns and gun owners by Mumbles, Patrick, etc.

Yet not one of them will stand up and ask why someone (a 20 year old), with a “significant record’’ involving firearms" wasn't behind bars..

Police officials, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, said they believe the shooting was gang-related. They said Lopes and one of Nicholas’s male relatives are involved in rival gangs and they are investigating the possibility that the boy’s death was a result of that feud. Davis said at the news conference that Lopes had a “significant record’’ involving firearms.

Last edited:
i loved the "show of force" the BPD did AFTERWARDS [rolleyes]

like the roaches are going to come out with the lights on... [rolleyes]

by Thursday or Friday, it will be back to normal "in that hood" -

Yesterday, Menino said he dispatched a task force of 75 officers to knock on doors in Nicholas’s neighborhood and distribute to residents a flier with photographs, but no names, of 10 males “known to associate with known criminals and gang members.’’ Police said they wanted to personally ask for help in rooting out the troublemakers.

Menino said the last time he used such a tactic was two years ago, and he vowed to keep it up to clamp down on violence.

The tactic is so good they wait two years to do it again. Or it really is good and they dropped the ball for two years. Oh wait, it's all gun owners faults.

From what I read, the two perps grabbed him off a scooter. One of them held him down while the other shot him multiple times, all witnessed by an undercover cop.

Given how screwed up our criminal justice system is, I'm generally against capital punishment. But situations like this test my resolve.

If it was a mistaken identity why would the parents let the kid hang out with the cousin or brother who is a gang banger

From the pictures I have seen...this "child" 14 years old was driving a scooter that us 17 and older can actually drive legally...was gunned down...is anyone asking the question where he got the illegal scooter to ride? I truly believe we're better off without one more piece of scum...

From the pictures I have seen...this "child" 14 years old was driving a scooter that us 17 and older can actually drive legally...was gunned down...is anyone asking the question where he got the illegal scooter to ride? I truly believe we're better off without one more piece of scum...
IIRC, the scooter belonged to a relative.

Until the people who live in the community step up & take action, this will keep happening. It's a damned shame that kids are being robbed of their lives.

Nothing pisses me off more than reading that the criminals were "known to police", or "had a lengthy criminal record". The scumbag gang members need to STAY in prison, not be let out time & time again, after slaps on the proverbial wrist.

Given how screwed up our criminal justice system is, I'm generally against capital punishment. But situations like this test my resolve.

situations like this and many others have done nothing more through the years to me other than ENHANCE my support for capital punishment.

The kid is 14 years old. Driving a scooter underage is hardly a reason for a kid who was just executed to be called a scum.

What reason do you have for calling this kid a scum?

+1 Agreed. Really, WTF? Sometimes people really don't deserve what what they get. While I'm the first to joke "sure, the kid had his GED in one hand and Harvard application in the other", being poor, black, living in a bad neighborhood, and illegally riding a scooter (civil infraction, not criminal BTW) are hardly reasons for concluding someone is "scum" and deserves to get shot.

It is sad to see this kind of collateral damage. It guess one could call it an intelligence failure.

I suggest actually reading the pertinent news articles before you make ignorant comments about them.

Until the people who live in the community step up & take action, this will keep happening.
This! +100!
Peter Blute's show yesterday morning included a discussion about this and one of the comments he made was that the police and Mayor Menino needed to step up and do something about these murders. He ignored the fact that the neighborhoods in question have a culture of silence where nobody will talk to or "snitch" to the police. In addition, until the people in these communities wake up and take some action on their own this will continue to be a problem.

Back to the original problem....From my understanding, they held the kid down and executed him. I don't care how old they are, but when you do that....capital punishment. IMHO...there is no deterrent to these crimes. So, now the perps go to prison...hang with other gang members and come out more violent at a later date...

Just my .02

So, now the perps go to prison...hang with other gang members and come out more violent at a later date...
In MA, a conviction for murder one has a mandatory sentence of life without parole. The only way these two are getting out of jail is in a box.

Or they plead to manslaughter and get out in 10 yrs.... [thinking]
The murder was witnessed by an off-duty police officer. They found the gun and have matched it to the spent cartridges found on the scene. It was clearly premeditated, which calls for murder one. I doubt that the DA will plead this one down.

The murder was witnessed by an off-duty police officer. They found the gun and have matched it to the spent cartridges found on the scene. It was clearly premeditated, which calls for murder one. I doubt that the DA will plead this one down.

Well, you have more faith in the prosecutors here than I do.

In MA, a conviction for murder one has a mandatory sentence of life without parole. The only way these two are getting out of jail is in a box.

. . . or a governor's pardon . . . when they turn their lives around in prison. Happens ALL THE TIME!!

Or they plead to manslaughter and get out in 10 yrs.... [thinking]

In spite of evidence/witness, this is more likely than we'd want to believe. A fast win for the DA is still a "win" and they don't clutter the court with 15 years of appeals which any conviction will result in.

This! +100!
Peter Blute's show yesterday morning included a discussion about this and one of the comments he made was that the police and Mayor Menino needed to step up and do something about these murders. He ignored the fact that the neighborhoods in question have a culture of silence where nobody will talk to or "snitch" to the police. In addition, until the people in these communities wake up and take some action on their own this will continue to be a problem.

Don't forget that a cop was there and arrested one of the kids immediately. If these people won't cooperate with them, what more could the police do? "proactively" arrest every teenage male in the city? People don't just need to take action but they have to realize that it is not the job of Boston PD to protect them. They need to take some responsibility for the current state of their community.

Back
Top Bottom