• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

14 year old murdeded in Boston...

Not in MA. Governor Romney didn't pardon any murderer, and I believe neither has Patrick.

There were governors before these that did parole lifers . . . and there will be governors after them that will do it as well!! To think otherwise is naive and not the "MA way"!

There were governors before these that did parole lifers . . . and there will be governors after them that will do it as well!! To think otherwise is naive and not the "MA way"!

Sorry, Len, but recent history does not support that assertion.

This took place about 1/4 mile from where I owned a business years ago (Coincidentally, the man who bought the business from me was murdered in a robbery 2 years later). This is also a couple blocks from where I own income property. I'm there every 3rd of the month collecting rent. It's also about a mile from where I do business now. Maybe mentioning this got me an unrestricted in a town that usually issues restrictions. All I know, is that I need to take a more realistic approach to how I would handle certain situations, because things are getting worse, and the summer months are CRAZY out here. I don't know who this kid was, but from what I read the neighbors pointed the cops in the right direction to get the shooter. Hopefully, these events will help lift the strict "Stop Snitching" policy in most of these neighborhoods.

As far as keeping criminals in jail.... They are already overpopulated, and costing tax payers a fortune. I say we start taking the "creme de la creme" of scumbags and, uh-hem, disposing of them properly. Some ways I can think of to make this garbage useful is to give police proper "Moving target practice", medical experiments, maybe test the long term effects of living in space...etc, etc.

Last edited:
Sorry, Len, but recent history does not support that assertion.

And recent history is an absolute predictor of what future governors will do? [rolleyes]

Sorry, I don't buy that, not for a minute! Outgoing governors usually do this stuff in the last few days of their last term of office, so criticism becomes irrelevant and is muted.

And recent history is an absolute predictor of what future governors will do? [rolleyes]

Sorry, I don't buy that, not for a minute! Outgoing governors usually do this stuff in the last few days of their last term of office, so criticism becomes irrelevant and is muted.
Len, Michael Dukakis hasn't been governor since 1991.

Please review the pardon history of MA governors since the Duke, and show me when this has happened. MA politicians have learned from Dukakis and don't want to be Willie Hortoned.

Don't forget that a cop was there and arrested one of the kids immediately. If these people won't cooperate with them, what more could the police do? "proactively" arrest every teenage male in the city? People don't just need to take action but they have to realize that it is not the job of Boston PD to protect them. They need to take some responsibility for the current state of their community.

Agreed. this reminded me of something else too. I've heard from at least two different places now (one being Blute's show) the assertion being made that "police know who these troublemakers are and should take them off the streets" or something to that effect. Sounds an awful lot like "round up the usual suspects" (Casablanca anyone?) to me and is another statement that doesn't hold water. What comes next? Rounding up gun owners anytime there is a gun crime? The way some people think (or don't) is pretty ridiculous sometimes!

Police Distribute Flier, Try To "Shame" Gang

Flier Contains Pictures Of 10 Men Not Charged In Teen's Slaying

Boston Police Commissioner Edward F. Davis said yesterday that his department’s release Monday of a flier showing photos of 10 unidentified young men was designed to shame them for allegedly belonging to a street gang, one he blamed for the slaying of 14-year-old Nicholas Fomby-Davis.

“We are doing this because we believe the community can play a role in making the individuals who are responsible for the execution of a 14-year-old boy outcasts in their own neighborhood,’’ Davis said in a telephone interview.

The flier, which displayed what resembled mug shots, is believed to be the first of its kind printed by Boston police, according to Elaine Driscoll, a spokeswoman for the department. Officers distributed the flier door-to door in the Fomby-Davis family’s neighborhood in Dorchester and to news organizations.

It does not name the individuals or the gang they allegedly belong to; Davis said that he does not want to validate the gang by disclosing its name, but that he believes the group should be held accountable for the killing. He declined to say whether the individuals have criminal records, but said they were all associated with the young men charged in the slaying.

The men featured on the flier do not face charges in the slaying or outstanding warrants for other offenses, and Davis stressed that the handout is not a wanted poster. But the individuals are “absolutely high on our list of targets’’ and could face legal action if police receive information concerning criminal activity from the public, he said.

The flier asks the public to contact police if they have information on the individuals, who are “known to associate with known criminals and gang members who are involved in firearm violence.’’ The police know the individuals’ whereabouts, Driscoll said.

Fomby-Davis, a 14-year-old Dearborn Middle School pupil, was riding a motor scooter on Sunday evening when two assailants jumped him on Bowdoin Street, authorities said. They said that Crisostomo Lopes, 20, held him down and that Joshua Fernandes, 16, shot him three times with a .25-caliber handgun. One bullet struck the boy in the chest, fatally wounding him. Both were quickly apprehended and pleaded not guilty yesterday to murder.

A prominent Boston community leader and a Northeastern University criminologist expressed doubts about the effectiveness of the flier. A lawyer for the ACLU of Massachusetts said the tactic probably passes constitutional muster, but declined to say whether he thought it effective.

Continued.....

http://www.boston.com/news/local/ma...ice_say_flier_is_meant_to_shame_gang_members/.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom