10mm AR

LittleCalm

NES Member
Can folks offer some advice on options for a 10mm AR? I think there are options out there but haven't looked recently. I think it's a dedicated build. Glock mags?

They have conversion kits for glock 20s to turn your 20 into a 16 in carbine. Also if you have the coin hk made a few thousand ump 45s in 10mm talk about a cure for ed.

They have conversion kits for glock 20s to turn your 20 into a 16 in carbine. Also if you have the coin hk made a few thousand ump 45s in 10mm talk about a cure for ed.

HK also made a 10mm MP5. I'm not sure if they have them for the civilian market though. I was lucky enough to fire one an FBI agent had on the range some years back. Single shot and 2 round burst. Total awesomeness

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can folks offer some advice on options for a 10mm AR? I think there are options out there but haven't looked recently. I think it's a dedicated build. Glock mags?

Looks intriguing, particularly given gas operation instead of some kind of faggy blowback thing, which probably would not work well in 10mm..

-Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
HK also made a 10mm MP5. I'm not sure if they have them for the civilian market though. I was lucky enough to fire one an FBI agent had on the range some years back. Single shot and 2 round burst. Total awesomeness

You can get MP5 clones chambered in 10mm or 40, the issue is trying to find pre-ban mags for them if you are in MA.

I think Rock River offers a 10mm upper that uses a special magazine that fits in a standard AR lower. Or maybe it's Olympic...I don't remember now.

I believe Mechtech makes a kit to turn your 1911/Glock 20 into a carbine.

This is what I want for my g20. There is also a video for making extended mags using Kriss mags. Hmm. .sounds like a great birthday present next month!

I would think an ar in 40sw would have as lot more options out there, unless it must be a 10mm

1/4 circle 10 makes a glock lower and blow back upper parts.

I belive you can use grease gun mags .
Madmachinist (google him) forget his company name makes 45 di uppers and 10mm if you ask.

olympic makes one as well. people trash them but the only problems i had with my 9mm olympic was with the mags. it used old school sten mags and even with a dedicated hahn block the mags were just too much of a pain in the ass.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/76...3-upper-receiver-assembly-10mm-auto-16-barrel

out of stock, but they're out there. MA folks out of luck though as that's a 18 round mag.

They have 10 rounder, I almost pulled the trigger on one of these, but thru Oly not Midway

So it looks like I can get the Quarter Circle lower that takes Glock mags. And then Ron at RMW Extreme is making 10mm DI uppers. There seems to be some back and forth over DI vs. blowback and unclear to me which is better but Ron seems to have his DI design working well in the pistol calibers. Anyone know off-hand what standard capacity 10mm pre-ban mags are out there? Have to admit that the neutered mags look pretty dumpy in an AR, but you already knew that. As for the grease gun mags, how do folks feel about having them pinned/altered to be limited to 10 rounds or are there ample pre-ban mags out there?

So it looks like I can get the Quarter Circle lower that takes Glock mags. And then Ron at RMW Extreme is making 10mm DI uppers. There seems to be some back and forth over DI vs. blowback and unclear to me which is better but Ron seems to have his DI design working well in the pistol calibers. Anyone know off-hand what standard capacity 10mm pre-ban mags are out there? Have to admit that the neutered mags look pretty dumpy in an AR, but you already knew that. As for the grease gun mags, how do folks feel about having them pinned/altered to be limited to 10 rounds or are there ample pre-ban mags out there?

Glock mags .

Blow back = more felt recoil, junk blown back at you . Heavier due to needed mass .

Clarifying -- what pre-ban Glock 10mm mags are out there? And what do folks think about GG mags?

Clarifying -- what pre-ban Glock 10mm mags are out there? And what do folks think about GG mags?

Glock 20.... If your worried about pre bans , So you know it's legal to take a pre ban glock mag and put a round extender on it. I know they are out there so you can have more then 13 rds

When I was researching 45 builds I've read the 10mm works in grease gun mags but you'll need to tweak the feed lips. Lowers are pricy .
I've built my own grease gun lower and ak that uses them they work great . If you know a machinist and some one with a tig welder you could do the same .
Tons of prebans and new mags you can just dirty up. Mac10's used them.

1d078bd693101dc51739b5aeb775a6f0.jpg

Update: Madmachinist (aka Rudy at Macon Armory) is planning a 10mm DI upper and mag adapter. He's trying to perfect it before it goes to market. I didn't ask for an ETA. Currently Macon offers a .45 upper w/mag adapter. Nice thing about this product is that it does not require a dedicated lower. The upper is easy. It's getting a mag adapter that will feed reliably that has been the challenge but sounds like they are close.

That was what I meant my bad

Update: Madmachinist (aka Rudy at Macon Armory) is planning a 10mm DI upper and mag adapter. He's trying to perfect it before it goes to market. I didn't ask for an ETA. Currently Macon offers a .45 upper w/mag adapter. Nice thing about this product is that it does not require a dedicated lower. The upper is easy. It's getting a mag adapter that will feed reliably that has been the challenge but sounds like they are close.
He sent me a prototype blow back bolt for 45 to chop up for a bullpup build I have on the back burner .

Is multiple round burst feature considered a machine gun/NFA Class III?

Yes . 1 trigger pull one shot only .
Ar15.com has a thread about using a burst trigger to fire on the pull and release . The letters from the ATF where very gray and I would not risk it .

Full auto = burst and full auto .

Last edited:
Don't know anything about 10mm ARs being a thing, but that's the only pistol caliber carbine that sounds appealing to me. If you let me choose between using a 16" AR (5.56) for home defense or a 16" 10mm AR with hot ammo, I'd take the 10mm. Real, hot 10mm from a long barrel is nasty stuff. Nearly AR energy with much higher power factor.

O yeah that'll leave a mark for sure but if your looking for thump in an hd setting 50 beowulf will put someone down fast

Don't know anything about 10mm ARs being a thing, but that's the only pistol caliber carbine that sounds appealing to me. If you let me choose between using a 16" AR (5.56) for home defense or a 16" 10mm AR with hot ammo, I'd take the 10mm. Real, hot 10mm from a long barrel is nasty stuff. Nearly AR energy with much higher power factor.

I would go with 460 Rowland . If you don't know what it is . It's like 45 on roids or 10mm vs 40.
Nice thing you can shoot 45 out of the same pistols . So for a di gun you would just need a adjust gas block . Or swap weights for blow back .

I've also seen 50ae ar's on weapons guild .

I would go with 460 Rowland . If you don't know what it is . It's like 45 on roids or 10mm vs 40.

Have fun getting brass for that, and crying everytime a piece of it disappears. At least 10mm is in the "rare, but not that rare" category.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom