10mm AR

Have fun getting brass for that, and crying everytime a piece of it disappears. At least 10mm is in the "rare, but not that rare" category.

-Mike

Can't you load 45 brass to the same specs tho? I thought the only difference is 460 is a hair longer to prevent it loading in non 460 barrels? Granted you'd need to make sure you keep track of those rounds .

Starline sells the brass any ways . But yeah I get what your saying .

Thanks for the replies. I think Rudy said the 9 and 40 are blowback whereas the 45 and 10mm are DI. Once you get away from the most common calibers (9, 40, 45), 10mm makes the most sense for the reason Mike notes above. Plus, I'm a 10mm guy already and don't want new calibers to reload. 10mm seems to be the perfect carbine caliber.

Thanks for the replies. I think Rudy said the 9 and 40 are blowback whereas the 45 and 10mm are DI. Once you get away from the most common calibers (9, 40, 45), 10mm makes the most sense for the reason Mike notes above. Plus, I'm a 10mm guy already and don't want new calibers to reload. 10mm seems to be the perfect carbine caliber.

Trying to make 9mm gas op is pretty hard . I'm kinda shocked sig pulled it off.
Russian tried it for some time but swapped to straight blow back later .

Crap, this thread has me thinking about 10mm AR's again lol. Although I already have the gig mags in the safe just waiting...

Well I finally did it. Upper came today. 16" stainless barrel, DI, Tritium sites and uses grease gun mags. Need to adjust the feed lips and I'm good to go.

image.jpg

Ron Williams of FLA. RMWextreme. Good guy. 14" barrel and 2" break pin and welded. Bazooka Brothers also sells his uppers but you pay an extra $100 to go through them.

Back
Top Bottom