1000 yds ranges

CRR

I am looking for 1000 yds range close NYC. Is there anything in CT, NY, NJ or MA? Does anyone know of one?

Not aware of anything in MA, VT, NH. There are a couple 600 yarders in MA (Reading) and NH (Nashua) that I'm aware of.

I've heard several times this spring that the Bridgeville (Delaware) club is almost done building their range out to 1000 yards. It's about the same distance from NYC as the Colonie club, though I'd rather drive to upstate NY than the length of NJ any day.

There's also the Williamsport club, which is a 3-4 hour drive in yet another direction.

None of them are available every day, but between the three you can probably get a lot of long-range shooting in.

http://www.pa1000yard.com/
http://www.bville-rifle-pistol.org/

I am looking for 1000 yds range close NYC. Is there anything in CT, NY, NJ or MA? Does anyone know of one?
Check out LIPSA in Westhampton Beach in the eastern part of Long Island. The photo on their home page at www.lipsa.us shows a road in a downward slopign diagonal on the right, with various pistol ranges off the road. There is a berm at the end of the range which makes the entire road one very long range (I think it's 1000), but you need to coordinate a time when the pistol bays are not in use.

Yes, that's an airport in background (Frances S Grabreski airport) and no, none of the ranges face the direction of the airport.

They have a good group running the club, and they should be able to help you. They have cool directions with comments like "Ignore the sign about authorized access, you are authorized" and "If you pass a jet fighter on the left side of the road, you have gone to far, turn around"

Last edited:
Check out LIPSA in Westhampton Beach in the eastern part of Long Island. The photo on their home page at www.lipsa.us shows a road in a downward slopign diagonal on the right, with various pistol ranges off the road. There is a berm at the end of the range which makes the entire road one very long range (I think it's 1000), but you need to coordinate a time when the pistol bays are not in use.

Yes, that's an airport in background (Frances S Grabreski airport) and no, none of the ranges face the direction of the airport.

They have a good group running the club, and they should be able to help you. They have cool directions with comments like "Ignore the sign about authorized access, you are authorized" and "If you pass a jet fighter on the left side of the road, you have gone to far, turn around"

Thanks they sound like an interesting group.

Anyone here ever shoot at Camp Smith (Peeskills) Weschester County? The range is listed on the NRA's website but the contact details aren't correct.

I am curious. I have shot with my OM(former Army) at Camp Devens.

Now, the installation is FORT DEVENS, ARMY? Do they have a shooting organization so that people could have high power matches?

Bill

There was a Devens shooting club at one point and they did hold a few matches at the KD range. Not sure what the club is doing now or if it still exists. All the issues involving a military range were in play and I think they were requiring EMTs, ambulance, Devens trained RSOs, and fire extinguishers.

B

I am curious. I have shot with my OM(former Army) at Camp Devens.

Now, the installation is FORT DEVENS, ARMY? Do they have a shooting organization so that people could have high power matches?

Bill

From: https://www.devens.army.mil/Devens_Staff/Training/rangeInfo.htm
10. Can I fire my personally owned weapon on Ft. Devens Ranges?

Members of training units will not bring privately owned weapons or ammunition to ranges or training areas. The only firing of privately owned weapons is in conjunction with the Fort Devens Rifle and Pistol Club. This is the only recreational organization currently authorized to schedule and utilize ranges. The club may be contacted at 978-456-3604 for information on membership and scheduled use.

Back
Top Bottom