$100 or $110 for renewal of ltc?

Before Leominster went to the MIRCS system, they required that an applicant provide their own photos and they were very strict about what they wanted.

Twenty five dollars of the total fee is earmarked to the FBI for processing through IAFIS down in West Virginia, so I have been told. How that is extracted from the State fee, I honestly don't know, as the IAFIS processing is a fairly new wrinkle in the licensure procedure.

Mark

Before Leominster went to the MIRCS system, they required that an applicant provide their own photos and they were very strict about what they wanted.

Twenty five dollars of the total fee is earmarked to the FBI for processing through IAFIS down in West Virginia, so I have been told. How that is extracted from the State fee, I honestly don't know, as the IAFIS processing is a fairly new wrinkle in the licensure procedure.

Mark

Mark

dwarven1 said:
Scrivener said:
1. You can bring your own photos (about $5 at those little booths at malls)

FREE at AAA offices if you're an AAA member.

You need to make sure to tell them it's for a gun license. They do passport photos which are bigger than the LTC pics.

As far as the cost goes...usually, when they post $110, it's because they take your pictures. Call and ask if they do.

dwarven1 said:
Scrivener said:

You need to make sure to tell them it's for a gun license. They do passport photos which are bigger than the LTC pics.

As far as the cost goes...usually, when they post $110, it's because they take your pictures. Call and ask if they do.

dwarven1 said:
Scrivener said:

Lynne said:
dwarven1 said:
Scrivener said:

Really? I didn't have any problem; Marlboro used the standard photos I handed them... which were probably passport sized.

just shows the need for state-run licensing rather than town-run.

Or no licensing. Like VT.

Lynne said:
dwarven1 said:
Scrivener said:

Really? I didn't have any problem; Marlboro used the standard photos I handed them... which were probably passport sized.

Lynne said:
dwarven1 said:
Scrivener said:

dwarven1 said:
Lynne said:
dwarven1 said:
Scrivener said:

Ross...did they trim it down?? That's a surprise. Haverhill says specifically that the pic can't be more than 1" x 1", and the passport is way bigger than that.

dwarven1 said:
Lynne said:
dwarven1 said:
Scrivener said:

Ross...did they trim it down?? That's a surprise. Haverhill says specifically that the pic can't be more than 1" x 1", and the passport is way bigger than that.

dwarven1 said:
Lynne said:
dwarven1 said:
Scrivener said:

Lynne said:

Don't remember, Lynne. It was over 4 years ago.

But since it's due for renewal in May, I'll be calling the MPD tomorrow and find out what their requirements are for renewal. I'll keep track of the process and let folks know how it goes.

Lynne said:

But since it's due for renewal in May, I'll be calling the MPD tomorrow and find out what their requirements are for renewal. I'll keep track of the process and let folks know how it goes.

Lynne said:

IIRC, passport photos are 2x2. LTC photos are 1x1.

Last few times, I've done digital photos here with tripod and timer. Reduce as necessary, print x up on a page (photo paper) and cut them out as a strip. PD had no problem with them.

Prior to that I did the photo booth in shopping mall routine, $3-4.

Prior to someone telling me that the photo booth would work, I paid $20-35 for photos at Stow Photo (Rte. 117)! Many places that did photos ONLY knew how to take passport photos (wrong size). Stow Photo were good folks, my group used to give them thousands of $/year for product photos when I was at DEC.

Last few times, I've done digital photos here with tripod and timer. Reduce as necessary, print x up on a page (photo paper) and cut them out as a strip. PD had no problem with them.

Prior to someone telling me that the photo booth would work, I paid $20-35 for photos at Stow Photo (Rte. 117)! Many places that did photos ONLY knew how to take passport photos (wrong size). Stow Photo were good folks, my group used to give them thousands of $/year for product photos when I was at DEC.

Ross, hopefully they have MIRCS setup and they use a webcam (like BJs, Costcos, Sam's Club, MA DL, etc.) for the ID photo.

Ross, hopefully they have MIRCS setup and they use a webcam (like BJs, Costcos, Sam's Club, MA DL, etc.) for the ID photo.

For some wierd reason, both my passport and LTC have the exact same photo on them....

Digital Camera, Photoshop, and color inkjet printer.

Cleaned up the red eye, fixed the skin blemishes, reduced the bed head, and even rubbed out the double chin... (^_^)

These days, you can even skip the printer and just stick your photos on a 4x6 layout and pop them into the machine at CVS. Just did that to do up wallet photos of the baby for the family.

For some wierd reason, both my passport and LTC have the exact same photo on them....

Cleaned up the red eye, fixed the skin blemishes, reduced the bed head, and even rubbed out the double chin... (^_^)

These days, you can even skip the printer and just stick your photos on a 4x6 layout and pop them into the machine at CVS. Just did that to do up wallet photos of the baby for the family.

There's a travel agency in Haverhill across from the Post Office (Modern Age Travel, I think). You go in and tell them you need a couple pics for a gun license and they set the camera up and take 'em. $8 for two.

There's a travel agency in Haverhill across from the Post Office (Modern Age Travel, I think). You go in and tell them you need a couple pics for a gun license and they set the camera up and take 'em. $8 for two.

Back
Top Bottom