10 and 15 round mag carry

What are your thoughts on the High vs low caliber markings?

I suggest that you read the long thread on Glock Mags in the proper forum. It was made a Sticky there for good reason. It should answer your questions, although many refuse to believe what is posted there.

What are your thoughts on the High vs low caliber markings?

People who think that caliber markings are 100% accurate in determining pre/post ban status are incorrect. Even Glock is not able to determine if a mag is pre/post ban or not. The only 100% surefire guaranteed way to identify a post ban mag is the Ambi-Notch cutout (Or mags that are gun specific for a gun that was only in production after the ban). There is a sticky here about glock mags that is a good read. (Gun Laws > Massachusetts Laws > MA: Identifying Pre-Ban Glock Mags). Read and make your own decision based on what is best for you.

EDIT: Listen to LenS. He's probably forgotten more about Mass Gun Laws than most people here (Or on Bacon Hill) think they know. He's posted some good info in the Glock Mag thread, along with some other folks.

Last edited:
I have never seen (in real life or even pics of) a post ban mag with the mystery holes. I do not and will not believe they exist until someone can prove they do.

Every time this subject arise it reminds me of how incredibly, overwhelmingly, disgustingly f**ked up this state is.

"Ambi notches, no ambi notches, markings, no markings, drop free, not drop free, dated, not dated, see the thread about ____, talk to Len about _____, " etc etc

Jesus, what a mess. What an absolutely confusing (contrived, by the same pukes that are "debating" the current ANTI-GUN legislation) mess. I'm never concerned about "if I could actually pull the trigger and end a life if necessary"....I'm concerned about "If I defend myself, will I have to worry that a MOONBAT Massachusetts legal system will do literally EVERYTHING THEY CAN to turn my law-abiding life into an absolute living hell..."

There is a difference between photos on the internet claiming to be a guide and court admissible proof, especially when Glock did not keep detailed records on each little change and the date thereof.

That being said, consider that if you use your firearm in self defense, the state will spare no effort or expense in looking for something to hang you, and you can reasonably expect a "deep dig" regarding the provenance of > 10 round mags. If you aren't 100.00% your > 10 round carry mag is indeed pre-ban, switch it for a 10 rounder or one with a better pedigree.

There is a difference between photos on the internet claiming to be a guide and court admissible proof, especially when Glock did not keep detailed records on each little change and the date thereof.

This is basically my thought on the matter. Good luck to the DA trying to get proof from Glock, any defense attorney worth his salt will be able to beat down any stupidity from that angle.

That being said, consider that if you use your firearm in self defense, the state will spare no effort or expense in looking for something to hang you, and you can reasonably expect a "deep dig" regarding the provenance of > 10 round mags. If you aren't 100.00% your > 10 round carry mag is indeed pre-ban, switch it for a 10 rounder or one with a better pedigree.

Yep, they will spare no expense (Hey it's not their money right?) and spend all the time they want trying to nail anyone's backside to the cross who dares engage in a bit of self help. However, I'm more inclined to believe they may not waste time on trying to prove a standard capacity mag is post ban. It's Mass after all, it will be easy enough to just say to the jury full of moonbats "See this guy was hoping for trouble, he spent time and effort tracking down this EXTRA LARGE CAPACITY 17 ROUND CLIP, in addition to spending THREE TIMES the cost of a regular clip, hoping to get to blast through all SEVENTEEN rounds of EXTRA KILLY HOLLOW POINT baby killing bullets!"

I've resigned myself to the fact that if I ever have to defend myself or my family in this state it would take all the luck of winning the lotto (and all my $) to stay out of prison. So I'm just going to go ahead and carry my G26 with it's factory 10 round Mag, and a "pre-ban" 17 round mag as backup. If I ever have to use it and it costs me my freedom but preserves the life of my family, it will be worth it. Every night when I take off my CCW, I'm thankful I didn't have to use it because I am fairly certain of the consequences.

Back
Top Bottom