10/22

This one started as your everyday 10/22. now has a RB Precision stock, that uses AR15 grip and stock, Then it got a quick paint job.

tigerstripe.jpg

Very cool, and I thought mine looked tactical.

440c2623.jpg

Can you PM me the link where you got the stock? I love tricking out 10/22s. So easy to work on and I even thought of one of the MG42 look a like kits untill I saw they were mostly cheap plastic.

How do you do the tiger stripes? We need a demonstration video [smile]

The rifle was black, as was the scope and ring, the barrel was stainless.

After I prepped everything with acetone, I used painters tape and made the design. I ripped the tape on both sides so that I wouldn't have any straight lines. Sprayed a few coats with Krylon Camo paint and then took off the tape.

The paint dried in under 2 minutes per coat, so it was very quick to do

It has a few little mistakes on it...ie the barrel is all OD green, no stripes because I was to lazy to go to walmart and get black paint... and some of the stripes aren't exactly what I wanted, but for a first time. I'm pretty happy

That rifle looks fantastic. I've been thinking about getting a 10/22 for awhile now, mostly so I can start taking things off it and sticking other things on it. Your work makes me want to get started immediately. Great job, Mike.

Back
Top Bottom