Zumbo'd

Looks like Mr. Z got slapped hard by reality. He screwed up sure, but I think he is trying to make ammends.

I'll have to see how he's doing - if I can ever find a show he's on.

I believe everyone can change.

Zumbo

=

Toolbag.jpg

Looks like Mr. Z got slapped hard by reality. He screwed up sure, but I think he is trying to make ammends.

I'll have to see how he's doing - if I can ever find a show he's on.

I believe everyone can change.

Not him...

I went on to work with the Second Amendment Foundation, denounced a statement by an anti-gun senator and exposed his strategy to continually work his flawed words in the Congressional Record, and attended a three day assault rifle course, which I immensely enjoyed.
[thinking]

The Fudd clearly doesn't get it.

zumbo on his webpage said:
I'm a member of RMEF, NWTF, DU, USSA, NRA, POMA, and served two terms on the Board of Directors of RMEF.

When I saw "DU", I immediately thought "Democratic Underground". [laugh]

He didn't actually come right out and say he was wrong. He can't complete the Fudds Anonymous 12 step program without actually fessing up to the error in his ways and asking forgiveness.

To be fair, he didn't call it an "assault weapon", which is a false term through and through.

Of course he did.

The worse and unforgivable thing is that he indicated that he thought "game departments should ban them from the prairies and woods". This means that he feels that government agencies should have the power to ban firearms.

He has never said that he has changed his opinion on government's power to ban guns. He simply said that he was ignorant as to the use of AR15 type rifles in hunting. I could not care less whether or not he likes AR15s or AK47s. I would not hold that against him. Lots of gun owners don't like certain guns. Look at the Glock debates on this forum. Nothing wrong with that.

My issue with him is that he would have government ban a gun that he does not like. The fact that he claims that he now thinks the guns are OK for hunting is irrelevant to me.

Here are his original words:

Assault Rifles For Hunters?

As I write this, I'm hunting coyotes in southeastern Wyoming with Eddie Stevenson, PR Manager for Remington Arms, Greg Dennison, who is senior research engineer for Remington, and several writers. We're testing Remington's brand new .17 cal Spitfire bullet on coyotes.

I must be living in a vacuum. The guides on our hunt tell me that the use of AR and AK rifles have a rapidly growing following among hunters, especially prairie dog hunters. I had no clue. Only once in my life have I ever seen anyone using one of these firearms.

I call them "assault" rifles, which may upset some people. Excuse me, maybe I'm a traditionalist, but I see no place for these weapons among our hunting fraternity. I'll go so far as to call them "terrorist" rifles. They tell me that some companies are producing assault rifles that are "tackdrivers."

Sorry, folks, in my humble opinion, these things have no place in hunting. We don't need to be lumped into the group of people who terrorize the world with them, which is an obvious concern. I've always been comfortable with the statement that hunters don't use assault rifles. We've always been proud of our "sporting firearms."

This really has me concerned. As hunters, we don't need the image of walking around the woods carrying one of these weapons. To most of the public, an assault rifle is a terrifying thing. Let's divorce ourselves from them. I say game departments should ban them from the prairies and woods.

Isnt it our responsibility to educate ignorance when we can? Isnt that what uncle Ted did for Zumbo? He addmitted his previous ignorance which is akin to admitting he was wrong. I think he should get a second chance. Often when we get burnt the worst is when we learn. I would like to believe he learned and there are clear indicators that he did learn, he had a great teacher. I bet Ted did a good job teaching.

Of course he did.

The worse and unforgivable thing is that he indicated that he thought "game departments should ban them from the prairies and woods". This means that he feels that government agencies should have the power to ban firearms.

He has never said that he has changed his opinion on government's power to ban guns. He simply said that he was ignorant as to the use of AR15 type rifles in hunting. I could not care less whether or not he likes AR15s or AK47s. I would not hold that against him. Lots of gun owners don't like certain guns. Look at the Glock debates on this forum. Nothing wrong with that.

My issue with him is that he would have government ban a gun that he does not like. The fact that he claims that he now thinks the guns are OK for hunting is irrelevant to me.

Here are his original words:

Assault Rifles For Hunters?

As I write this, I'm hunting coyotes in southeastern Wyoming with Eddie Stevenson, PR Manager for Remington Arms, Greg Dennison, who is senior research engineer for Remington, and several writers. We're testing Remington's brand new .17 cal Spitfire bullet on coyotes.

I must be living in a vacuum. The guides on our hunt tell me that the use of AR and AK rifles have a rapidly growing following among hunters, especially prairie dog hunters. I had no clue. Only once in my life have I ever seen anyone using one of these firearms.

I call them "assault" rifles, which may upset some people. Excuse me, maybe I'm a traditionalist, but I see no place for these weapons among our hunting fraternity. I'll go so far as to call them "terrorist" rifles. They tell me that some companies are producing assault rifles that are "tackdrivers."

Sorry, folks, in my humble opinion, these things have no place in hunting. We don't need to be lumped into the group of people who terrorize the world with them, which is an obvious concern. I've always been comfortable with the statement that hunters don't use assault rifles. We've always been proud of our "sporting firearms."

This really has me concerned. As hunters, we don't need the image of walking around the woods carrying one of these weapons. To most of the public, an assault rifle is a terrifying thing. Let's divorce ourselves from them. I say game departments should ban them from the prairies and woods.

+1. The guy fundamentally is a collectivist Fudd. Synonymizing gun rights and hunting makes as much sense as defining free speech strictly in terms of comic books or want ads. Zumbo didn't get, and I guarantee that he still doesn't. That fat bastard's primary function in life is to haul himself over to Africa, shoot a few animals in pens for no reason other than to create wall art, and then to bloviate about the whole thing. He's the enemy. I would rather stand in a small group I trust than have a guy like that pretend to be on my side.

Isnt it our responsibility to educate ignorance when we can? Isnt that what uncle Ted did for Zumbo? He addmitted his previous ignorance which is akin to admitting he was wrong. I think he should get a second chance. Often when we get burnt the worst is when we learn. I would like to believe he learned and there are clear indicators that he did learn, he had a great teacher. I bet Ted did a good job teaching.

I don't, and he still doesn't get it.

+1. The guy fundamentally is a collectivist Fudd. Synonymizing gun rights and hunting makes as much sense as defining free speech strictly in terms of comic books or want ads. Zumbo didn't get, and I guarantee that he still doesn't. That fat bastard's primary function in life is to haul himself over to Africa, shoot a few animals in pens for no reason other than to create wall art, and then to bloviate about the whole thing. He's the enemy. I would rather stand in a small group I trust than have a guy like that pretend to be on my side.

+1

I think he is just playing RKBA lip service to try to get his old job(s) back. He got punched in the face, and then suddenly regretted his decision when he knew how much money it was going to cost him.

-Mike

I hope he learned but I haven't really seen anything to indicate he has. He's paid a lot of lip service and has appeared in magazine pictures with all the right props to give the appearance of epiphany. But the willful ignorance still seems to slip out from time to time.

I do. I believe in converting those who disagree.

Back
Top Bottom