Zombies to invade San Diego counter-terrorism summit

Reptile

NES Member
When zombies and cops and Halloween – oh my -- collide.

That’s the thrust of the so-called “zombie apocalypse” component of next month’s annual Counter-Terrorism Summit in San Diego, hosted by security firm HALO Corp. on a 44-acre island in the city’s Mission Bay section. Brad Barker, president of the California-based organization, said hosting the annual event over the Halloween weekend was too much temptation to resist.

“We’ve decided to throw a whimsical spin on a very well-respected training exercise,” Barker told FoxNews.com. “And in order to have an effective exercise, you have to have a crisis or a threat that makes everyone respond.”

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/09/1...ego-counter-terrorism-summit/?test=latestnews

---

Great, the gubermint is training for a Zombie Apocalypse.

That should keep the busy instead of preparing for an actual armed citizen uprising.

I think this is a perfect application of the zombie motif. It allows coordinated government agencies to respond to a large scale disruption that requires them to mow down large numbers of aggressors and to do so in a context that will have the media going, "oh, ha ha" and cranks saying, "look at how they're wasting tax dollars" and completely missing the point, which is that they are training for scenarios that do not require the usual efforts to calm and disburse the crowd, but rather go directly to area-wide application of deadly force.

Back when I was a kid, counter-terrorism training didn't include a section on shooting into crowds.

Imagine if people not affiliated with this group infiltrated in and start having fun? Could get messy. Being in California, most anything could happen.

Am I the only one here that wishes we had force on force zombie training activities? Where's vietboy and his airsoft shit? He might be useful afterall. Vietboy, we're dressing you up as a zombie and shooting at you with your airsoft gear.

I think Sig has a couple of classes that do that stuff. You pay the instructors to kick your ass, or something like that. But it's counter-terrorist stuff with Airsoft gear.

Bummer
I thought it was a protest against the hyper security state weve had in the mame of "terrorism "
....oh well, there's enough symbology to mock, i suppose

Back
Top Bottom