Zombie Lower Question

My ZA Lower came with a grub style screw. I've never built and AR before and no diagrams I look at show this screw anywhere or ever what it does. Can someone point me in the right direction please [wink] I hate sounding like a noob.

Nah that's not it. I'll snap a pic when I get home in about 20minutes. I just want to make sure I don't need it before I finish my build :)

Sent from my iPhone while my co-worker is getting electrocuted.

Hmm - well the other possibility is, if you have a Magpul MOE type trigger guard with your kit, it is the screw that secures the guard at the front, nearest the magazine well.

Ok a little past 20 minutes but here is the screw that came WITH my ZA lower.
47ea963a-9f2c-d18f.jpg

Ok a little past 20 minutes but here is the screw that came WITH my ZA lower.
47ea963a-9f2c-d18f.jpg

Don't quote me but I believe that that grub screw is to take up any "slack" between the upper and lower. It works just like a accuwedge. If the tip of that grub screw is rubber/plastic, then it is definitely for that.

Here is AWS talking about it.

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...bie-Annihilator-AR-15-Lower-Order-Info/page49

"We just received the UPS tracking info for the new Zombie Annihilators Uppers and Lowers!!! Our new and improved lowers now feature a nylon tipped upper tensioning screw to take up any slack that might be present for a tight fit and improved accuracy. This is a nice feature if you are using another manufactures upper, as there is always some difference in tolerances between manufactures."

Only thing I can think of is that it does kind of look like the trigger guard screw for a Magpul trigger guard.

Rainier Arms mentions their receivers come with an upper/lower tensioning screw for a better fit between upper and lower, but never having used one I'm not sure if that's what it is or where it is supposed to go.

Other than that I have no idea.

EDIT: thehoyt beat me to it! He's most likely correct - that must be what it is.

Last edited:
Thanks you two. My upper and lower fit great so I shouldn't need it. I appreciate the help!

Back
Top Bottom