• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Zombie action Shoot??

And these stages don't have to be winnable. I'd love to have the proverbial "Kobayashi Maru" stage where you have no hope of winning, but just see how many you get before they get you.

That, is an excellent idea. Score it based on how many you got.

I think we need to have this in a free state. I would hate to be limited to post-ban regs (and many free staters don't have a lot of 'pre-ban' stuff) not to mention the legality issues.

I think a cool group stage would be: 3 shooters, 1 pistol, 1 rifle, 1 shotgun - team chooses who shoots what. short, medium and long range targets, with round limits on all guns. I would consider a plate rack for pistol, with misses being made up with the shotgun. Some mid length clays for the SG, maybe a paper zombie or 2 that could be shot with slugs or buck (if you can get a head shot) and the rifle can clean up the head shots and make some long range shots...Time minus 'standing zombie penalty', bonus for extra rounds remaining. Teams randomly picked.(not stacking)

I AM SO IN!!!

I think there should also be style points involved. I can also see a definite need for bayonets.

AR/Shotgun/Pistol When is the date haha!!!

I'm going to check with my club and see if they are interested in hosting. However they are in West Central NH so it may be a ride for many. Its near the junction of I89 and I91.....

I watched one of the cowboy action shoots last year and thought that looked like a lot of fun but just don't want to invest in a whole set of dedicated guns just for that.

So I started thinking...what about a Zombie Action Shoot. Just for fun and a little competition. You can even have a Zombie Hunter name....Set up similar to the CAS but you can bring whatever weapon you want. Targets would be Zombie oriented of course. Maybe have teams and individual scoring...

Any Ideas??? Has it been done and I missed it? (probably)

All I can say is...

IN!!!!

ALOT of hard work and prep....

This is the point. If you really want to do this you need not only a place, ideas, gadgets and targets, you need people and work. Me and one other dude, can just go out and do it (which is what we did) but with a large group, organization is needed.

Factory SBSs are legal in MA. You just can't make one by shortening an existing shotgun, as it falls under the MA law against 'sawn off shotguns'.

i dont know if anyone mentioned it yet, i skimmed to page 5 before tl;dr kicked in. Holbrook sportsmens club has a 100 yard zombie shoot coming up in the undetermined near future.

i dont know if anyone mentioned it yet, i skimmed to page 5 before tl;dr kicked in. Holbrook sportsmens club has a 100 yard zombie shoot coming up in the undetermined near future.

I didn't see anything on their website but the more Zombies to shoot the better....

How should I present this to my club when asking for there participation? Should I get a general feel by sending out a email to the general membership ( we have a Yahoo group) or should I get a lot of the particulars in place like how stages will be set up, etc. Then give a presentation at meeting. I'm new to this whole thing and honestly not the most active member of the club...I pay my dues and shoot....don't really participate in much else....

How should I present this to my club when asking for there participation? Should I get a general feel by sending out a email to the general membership ( we have a Yahoo group) or should I get a lot of the particulars in place like how stages will be set up, etc. Then give a presentation at meeting. I'm new to this whole thing and honestly not the most active member of the club...I pay my dues and shoot....don't really participate in much else....

I'd come up with a few solid ideas, and find a few people who would be interested, and perhaps are already more involved in the club (ie, if your club does pin shoots, or other action-shoots, maybe some of the guys that do/run those events), and build up some support, and move from there.

So I finally got around to watching Dead Snow last night, and I am pretty much ready for the hordes...and hoping that I am in port for when this gets scheduled.

Nice....

I went to range Weds and zero'd the ACOG I picked up. Popping 4" dia. steel @ 120yds is soooo much easier now over the Aimpoint.

Perfect for cracking Zombie dead brain buckets!

I'm currently working on a few stages. I'm doing this blind as I have zero experience with any type of event like this. I have limited myself to using my clubs rifle range as template. Unfortunately it is not set up for 180 degree arc of fire. The back berm is the only one we are aloud to shoot into so all shots will be perpendicular to the firing line. Not sure if I'm making any sense...

Back
Top Bottom