Zastava M70

In the past few years I've sold almost my entire collection of AK variants to the people MA,I'm down 6 with 4 of those Saigas stripped down to be built up.

To this day I swear by Chinese and old Romanian imports.

Egyptian Maddis are excellent quality AK's. I would grad a Norinco on Gunbroker- thicker metal of all stamped receivers. They can be had around 650-700.
imho, an ak is an ak. I have had a few and they've all been the same in functionality, literally. Just stay away from the Egyptian ones.

Where does the SAR-1 fit inti the AK quality continuum? I've had one in my safe for a long time, never any issues with it other than trigger slap (now fixed) - just curious.

The Zastava mpap70 w/ the maple furniture is a great "value" AK. It's all in the details of the parts too.

That "guide" mentions the obvious receiver and heavy barrel differences, but completely ignores the machined front sight block and gas block. They're not the typical cast pats that are pinned in place, they're milled from billet and are way more sturdy, with a better front sight system. They also have the X/Y receiver stampings and some nice rivits. Mine ran like a sewing machine, and with a different front brake in place of the stock slant cut, handled fast follow up shots while on the move just fine.

My only gripe is they include a milled front sling clip, and no way to attach one in the rear of the maple stock w/ integrated rubber pad. No sling loop is screwed into the stock. Also can't take off the grip and use an echo-one-nine single point clip because of the riveted trigger guard..... Arrrrrgh.

Where does the SAR-1 fit inti the AK quality continuum? I've had one in my safe for a long time, never any issues with it other than trigger slap (now fixed) - just curious.

The SAR-1 is basically a WASR-10 that sucks a little less, because it has mag dimples in it instead of the chunks of metal welded into the magwell. Value is highly debateable, you don't see them around that much, but other than in the fit and finish dept, they're functionally not a whole lot different from a WASR.

-Mike

Don't mean to hijack this thread, but does anyone have any recommendations for a side scope mount for the M70 that does not put a scope a mile above the dust cover? I know they have a proprietary mount and was wondering if anyone has any information/insight info the best mount/optic setup for one of these beauties.

Don't mean to hijack this thread, but does anyone have any recommendations for a side scope mount for the M70 that does not put a scope a mile above the dust cover? I know they have a proprietary mount and was wondering if anyone has any information/insight info the best mount/optic setup for one of these beauties.

Yes, RS makes a side rail for M70 for co-witness optic placement. RSregulate.com

Back
Top Bottom