Zastava er, I mean Century Arms RIP OFF PAP - a failure of a rant - Balderdash!

I didn't jump on any saiga threads - and I was meerly pointing out that a company can do whatever they want. If anyone is able to do it better, or more economically, more power to them.

If some rusky shooties can get people to pay $$$$ for them, when they're only "worth" $$$....well, then I'd say somebody in marketing dserves the $ (or a percentage of it, at least.

Buyer's remorse is not the seller's problem. Except on eBay....[frown]

As I said in a previous post, your argument may have merit, but as a rant it wasn't persuasive enough or far enough over the top!

If that's the case, then I'm guessing no one will buy CAI's rifles at that price, or if they do, they made the conscious decision that it was an OK price to them, and isn't that how this whole free-market thing works?

I still can't figure out the bitching part. Are you bitching because you got a (comparatively) great deal? Wouldn't that be "gloating" and not bitching? Are you bitching because people charge more money that something is worth? If so, I'd like to introduce you to pretty-much everyone on GunBroker. Are you bitching because people pay too much for something? Doesn't that happen all the time with all kinds of stuff?

So I should be gloating over a mickey mouse company marking up the price of a firearm that I paid 170 bucks less from the original importer? Naw, just annoys me, that's all. Sure the market will determine worth; still doesn't mean I cannot be livid at said company for doing the marking up.

Yes, I have seen the bullshit prices on gunbroker and I have seen numerous threads on NES dedicated to that topic; with everyone playing grab ass with each other and making their feelings known about how ridiculous it is.

I didn't jump on any saiga threads - and I was meerly pointing out that a company can do whatever they want. If anyone is able to do it better, or more economically, more power to them.

If some rusky shooties can get people to pay $$$$ for them, when they're only "worth" $$$....well, then I'd say somebody in marketing dserves the $ (or a percentage of it, at least.

Buyer's remorse is not the seller's problem. Except on eBay....[frown]

As I said in a previous post, your argument may have merit, but as a rant it wasn't persuasive enough or far enough over the top!

I think I am doing a little bit better on my follow ups. My OP did fail hard though. Oh well.

Century Arms didn't bring any previously unavailable firearms at a reasonable price. They bought out practically every rifle EAA imported and marked up the price, about $150 bucks; as EAA was setting the price at 380 bucks for the sporter while CAI is selling them at about 550 bucks or so. I found that to be bullshit.

Blamed it on inflation, not CAI.

I blame it on CIA being dremel douche monkeys.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I wish they used dremel wielding monkeys! I believe mine came from the factory that uses this particular magwell enlargement tool.

35181032_fd1123903a_o.jpg

Your rant was weak, yes. But you were on point with your logic. CAI buying up every PAP that has been imported and then jacking the prices artificially until 1 of 5 AK importers bring in another load is a bunch of crap. And it grinds my gears.

But it doesn't grind my gears nearly as much as the people who hop on the internet and piss all over AKs and the people who buy them, only to go home after work, grab their mother's vaseline jar, sneak into the basement and open up their safe so they can vigorously yank on their tools to the sight of a monstrosity of Stag stocks, Tapco grips, and Magpul rail covers over Chinsy Chinese Crap Steel (CCCP) rails on a Abomination (of a) Rifle.

My eyesight is gradually going to shit because I go blind with rage every time I see a pussy little twat pissing on someone's choice in firearms on the internet. Every post makes a blood vessel rupture in the back of my retinas. At a ripe age of my mid 20's, I rock dentures because those same limp dicked fudge packing China ABS Tree Elves post 30 pictures of their kitchen table assembled $500 Eh Are Fifteen in 5 separate sub sections of the same forum like they're afraid that SOMEBODY IS GONNA MISS IT!!!! if they don't.

The idea of those fat, pudgy, greasy little fingers that have never seen a day's worth of labor, let alone ever picked up a god forsaken hammer, assembling those cheap POS ChinARs with lowers and uppers that come from the landfills in Connecticut angers me beyond all comprehension. Every once of my soul rages in so much anger that the aggressive whipping of the tails of my seed makes my boys ache. Those fat little fingers, greasy with potato chips and vaseline, hammering out those nim-witted OMFG COMMMUNIST!! rebuttals on the internet couldn't pick up my lightest AK because they are backed by the limp wrists of what has caused America to stumble in the last decade. Pussification. Laziness. Shopping on Amazon for gun parts. Dressing up in Chinese clothes that make you look like Sgt. Savage and his Screaming Eagles. Fapping to the pictures of airsoft guns and then embarrassingly and rapidly shutting down your computer after you scroll down and see a more legit forum member post "AIRSOFT LOLMGAO LOGCAT" just as you get a load off on your fat, pudgy, uncoordinated hands.

Get back to me when you man up. Do something difficult with your easy life. Modify a POS commie rifle and put a dremel wheel 3/4 through your knuckle. Smash your fingers setting your FAL's headspace. Skin all of your knuckles assembling your AKM FCG. Launching a steel shank into orbit and then into your drunk friend's shoulder when you're pressing out a Romy G barrel pin.

Yes, your GI Joes had plastic guns that were made in China. Somehow, through some dimented bizzaro world, this has trained you into buying all of the Chinese bullshit you find on Amazon and Ebay for your Fail Bin Reject Parts that were prototype runs of machine shops trying to get their products into the doors of the Mil Mfgers... when they asked for cheap shit to export to Korea. That's not a rifle. You are not a man. You are a waste of space. Stop eating Cheetos. Get your ass off the couch. Do something with your life. Or go die.

Every time a Chintsy Chinese AR-15 is born, God puts a twenty something bombshell blonde with huge tits and straight A's in a State school into a car crash. Because he hates gayness.

So the OP is bitching about Century Arms pricing points by comparing it to his relatively lower priced handiwork, and all of you limp dicked faggots pile on him like a pack of bleeding a**h***s?

NES never ceases to amaze me.

1) Century converted PAPs are converted with a ****ing grinding wheel and a ****ing dremel.
2) Century converted PAPs are rarely paired with the correct m70 bolt.

Hmm... it appears that the OP has a legitimate griping point. I give him a D- on presentation but a B+ on legitimacy. The rest of you guys.... [rolleyes] so gay.

He does on that aspect. Some of the stuff CAI sells is pure shit packaged up as a rifle. (at least in AK terms).

I don't agree with him on the price BS though. People who don't like high prices should stop buying the stuff, otherwise they just encourage them to keep charging whatever the price is. One of the most powerful things you can do as a consumer is not buy something, believe it or not.

-Mike

I guess that's one perspective. Here's another:

OP bought an AK variant, put a buttload of money into it, and is now bitching because someone else is selling the rifle for what he assumes is too much money.

As I understand the process, only the market can determine if Century is charging too much for the rifle. Not the OP. And further, the market will determine if the asking price is too much.

If people are buying the rifle, with no one holding another rifle to their head to make them, how exactly is it over-priced?

TRUTH IN ADVERTISING: Personally, unless someone actually gives you a couple of bucks to take it, I think all AK's are overpriced, but that's just me.

I think I can deal with that as long as they dont get to the retarded prices of ARs.

Your rant was weak, yes. But you were on point with your logic. CAI buying up every PAP that has been imported and then jacking the prices artificially until 1 of 5 AK importers bring in another load is a bunch of crap. And it grinds my gears.

But it doesn't grind my gears nearly as much as the people who hop on the internet and piss all over AKs and the people who buy them, only to go home after work, grab their mother's vaseline jar, sneak into the basement and open up their safe so they can vigorously yank on their tools to the sight of a monstrosity of Stag stocks, Tapco grips, and Magpul rail covers over Chinsy Chinese Crap Steel (CCCP) rails on a Abomination (of a) Rifle.

My eyesight is gradually going to shit because I go blind with rage every time I see a pussy little twat pissing on someone's choice in firearms on the internet. Every post makes a blood vessel rupture in the back of my retinas. At a ripe age of my mid 20's, I rock dentures because those same limp dicked fudge packing China ABS Tree Elves post 30 pictures of their kitchen table assembled $500 Eh Are Fifteen in 5 separate sub sections of the same forum like they're afraid that SOMEBODY IS GONNA MISS IT!!!! if they don't.

The idea of those fat, pudgy, greasy little fingers that have never seen a day's worth of labor, let alone ever picked up a god forsaken hammer, assembling those cheap POS ChinARs with lowers and uppers that come from the landfills in Connecticut angers me beyond all comprehension. Every once of my soul rages in so much anger that the aggressive whipping of the tails of my seed makes my boys ache. Those fat little fingers, greasy with potato chips and vaseline, hammering out those nim-witted OMFG COMMMUNIST!! rebuttals on the internet couldn't pick up my lightest AK because they are backed by the limp wrists of what has caused America to stumble in the last decade. Pussification. Laziness. Shopping on Amazon for gun parts. Dressing up in Chinese clothes that make you look like Sgt. Savage and his Screaming Eagles. Fapping to the pictures of airsoft guns and then embarrassingly and rapidly shutting down your computer after you scroll down and see a more legit forum member post "AIRSOFT LOLMGAO LOGCAT" just as you get a load off on your fat, pudgy, uncoordinated hands.

Get back to me when you man up. Do something difficult with your easy life. Modify a POS commie rifle and put a dremel wheel 3/4 through your knuckle. Smash your fingers setting your FAL's headspace. Skin all of your knuckles assembling your AKM FCG. Launching a steel shank into orbit and then into your drunk friend's shoulder when you're pressing out a Romy G barrel pin.

Yes, your GI Joes had plastic guns that were made in China. Somehow, through some dimented bizzaro world, this has trained you into buying all of the Chinese bullshit you find on Amazon and Ebay for your Fail Bin Reject Parts that were prototype runs of machine shops trying to get their products into the doors of the Mil Mfgers... when they asked for cheap shit to export to Korea. That's not a rifle. You are not a man. You are a waste of space. Stop eating Cheetos. Get your ass off the couch. Do something with your life. Or go die.

Every time a Chintsy Chinese AR-15 is born, God puts a twenty something bombshell blonde with huge tits and straight A's in a State school into a car crash. Because he hates gayness.

You make Murderface proud with this post.

Wait? It's not ok to piss on AKs either? I thought that was just dead people who had previously wielded them? I can never keep up with all these PC memoranda... Can't say this, can't say that, can't pee on this, can't pee on that, sheesh... Fascist!

Yes, yes, your desert ready rock chucker is vastly superior to my piddly American toy... To really settle this, we can level the field and switch to an upper with the same optics and length barrel, oh wait, you can't do that... So, I guess I will have to throw on an upper similarly equipped to yours... [wink]

So, I will put the cheapest iron sights, with the rear sight what 2 or 3 inches from the front? On a wobbly spring mounted plastic handguard, that should match things up to keep them fair, right? I will ream out the chamber to make it nice and loose so there's no chance of the cartridge landing in the same spot each time. [laugh] Oh and then I will pour molten lead in every crevice to try to get the weight up to match...

[rofl2]

All in good fun, there are good AK's, and then there are the other 500 million of them... [laugh]

2275l.jpg

All he has to do is open up the reserves again, and voila! Market price drops back down again.

That's not going to work. Opening the spigot only to close it after the election isn't going to fool a lot of people. Especially the South! And I'm starting to wonder about the North at this point. Do you pay your own oil heating bills? I took a beating this "Winter" and it wasn't even cold. My oil bill averaged $450/delivery. OUCH.

People are paying close to $4/gal at the pump ($5 in some areas). Obama's policies have shut down oil production in the US and people feel it. Opening the spigot a few months before the election won't fool anyone that depends on oil for their living. Until he fires Salazar and Chu, he's pretty much dead meat come the General election.

Century Arms didn't bring any previously unavailable firearms at a reasonable price. They bought out practically every rifle EAA imported and marked up the price, about $150 bucks; as EAA was setting the price at 380 bucks for the sporter while CAI is selling them at about 550 bucks or so. I found that to be bullshit.

If you look at the variant Century is selling it's different than the model you bought. It doesn't have the slant-cut receiver that came with single-stacks, it has the original military style receiver. It also doesn't appear to have been converted with a dremel, other posts rants to the contrary. The pictures I have seen of the very few that have come out show them to be well machined, in fact many are asking if they somehow came in double-stack since it doesn't look like Century's work. The furniture also isn't generic, the wood is either Yugo or a close copy, although the US Yugo pistol grip is ugly. So it's not the same rifle at all.

Considering that everyone who had one in stock sold out in less than 24 hours, it also appears that the market disagrees with your assessment of the price and value. So I'm guessing the next batch will also be priced at $650.

Back when I was building AKs and parts kits were cheap, you could save some money by building instead of buying. However that didn't seem to stop the sale of tons of AKs just because they were a bit more expensive. For most people it's worth a small premium to buy something that's complete and ready-to-go out of the box rather than spend the time and effort to convert it to what they want. Their time is worth more than that and these days I tend to fall into that category.

Every once of my soul rages in so much anger that the aggressive whipping of the tails of my seed makes my boys ache. Those fat little fingers, greasy with potato chips and vaseline, hammering out those nim-witted OMFG COMMMUNIST!! rebuttals on the internet couldn't pick up my lightest AK because they are backed by the limp wrists of what has caused America to stumble in the last decade. Pussification. Laziness. Shopping on Amazon for gun parts. Dressing up in Chinese clothes that make you look like Sgt. Savage and his Screaming Eagles. Fapping to the pictures of airsoft guns and then embarrassingly and rapidly shutting down your computer after you scroll down and see a more legit forum member post "AIRSOFT LOLMGAO LOGCAT" just as you get a load off on your fat, pudgy, uncoordinated hands.

+1 reputation for Flintoid!

55_grain

[rofl]

I think I can deal with that as long as they dont get to the retarded prices of ARs.

In relative terms AR prices are actually less retarded than what AK prices have become.

If I compared median AR-15 prices in 2004 to what the prices are now, you would note that the AK prices have effectively gone full retard since then, with a gap in blip on the scale for obamascare....

A fun example of contrast:

A typical Tier 2 AR (Say Bushmaster) in 2004 was like $800 or so. Now they are are $850-900 at the most.

A WASR-10 cost like $259 @ FS in 2004. Now that same friggan gun is at least $500 in most stores.

That's just insane any way you slice it.

The days of "buying an AK because its CHEAP, fun, and did I say CHEAP" are basically long gone. These days you buy one because you want one, not because "it's cheap." Same thing happened/applies with those Yugo SKSes and Mosins that used to cost like $70 or $80 in bulk .

-Mike

If you look at the variant Century is selling it's different than the model you bought. It doesn't have the slant-cut receiver that came with single-stacks, it has the original military style receiver. It also doesn't appear to have been converted with a dremel, other posts rants to the contrary. The pictures I have seen of the very few that have come out show them to be well machined, in fact many are asking if they somehow came in double-stack since it doesn't look like Century's work. The furniture also isn't generic, the wood is either Yugo or a close copy, although the US Yugo pistol grip is ugly. So it's not the same rifle at all.

Considering that everyone who had one in stock sold out in less than 24 hours, it also appears that the market disagrees with your assessment of the price and value. So I'm guessing the next batch will also be priced at $650.

Back when I was building AKs and parts kits were cheap, you could save some money by building instead of buying. However that didn't seem to stop the sale of tons of AKs just because they were a bit more expensive. For most people it's worth a small premium to buy something that's complete and ready-to-go out of the box rather than spend the time and effort to convert it to what they want. Their time is worth more than that and these days I tend to fall into that category.

they are imported as single stack with synthetic furniture and thumbhole stock. Century converts them. They also sell the stock version I purchased for 380 bucks for 150 bucks more.

Hey let people buy them all out. The mark up will still annoy me.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom