Yugo SKS m59/66 ejection problems

Hi i have a yugo m59/66 that will fire 20-40 rounds fine and then will catch a spent casing between the bolt carrier and the receiver and jam the gun up. Anyone have any ideas? The guys at the gun range couldn't find anything wrong with my gas system.

The only thing I can think of is maybe there's some gunk in or around the extractor. Maybe give it a good cleaning and/or try a different brand of ammo.

All of the problems I have had with my M59/66 have been related to the firing pin, so I can't really help you.

Good luck.

My 59/66 was having feeding/ejection problems. I gave it (another) thorough cleaning, to include heavily scrubbing the gas system parts. I think there still must have been a little cosmoline in there, because it runs fine now.

My 59/66 was having feeding/ejection problems. I gave it (another) thorough cleaning, to include heavily scrubbing the gas system parts. I think there still must have been a little cosmoline in there, because it runs fine now.

This. Definitely clean your gas system, it can cause FTE's.

Mine never had an issue. And it has been through 2 NES car shoots without any cleaning.

But clean it good. Cosmoline is a b***h. When I first got mine, that little metal thing that comes up as you shoot and stops the bolt open afrter the last shot was not coming up fast enough because it was covered in cosmoline. of course, the problem went away after 20-30 rounds [smile], but it came back when the cosmoline had time to cool.

Last edited:
Mine never had an issue. And it has been through 2 NES car shoots without any cleaning.

But clean it good. Cosmoline is a b***h. When I first got mine, that little metal thing that comes up as you shoot and stops the bolt open afrter the last shot was not coming up fast enough because it was covered in cosmoline. of course, the problem went away after 20-30 rounds [smile], but it came back when the cosmoline had time to cool.

The follower? Not to be confused with the shoulder thing that goes up [smile]

Also, your avatar is... distracting. Stop it. (no don't)

Fixed the problem. My recoil spring kept getting stuck on that first shelf in the rear of the sks, if you know what i mean. Which would cause to much pressure on the carrier and bolt when the cartridge was ejecting. Shot 500 rounds through her fine today and only had 1 feed problem.

Back
Top Bottom