• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Youtuber "Sootch" had his home robbed

That sucks. I really like the guy. I question the wisdom of showing everything they SHOULD have taken.

I hope they catch the bastards.

Im excited to be young enough to move out of this State one day. I kept seeing things in his video that made me think "Yeah, good luck in MA with those policemen..."

Poor guy and I really hope the blood leads them to the piece(s) of shit that did this.

Never heard of him. I'm ashamed, I know most famous Youtubers. Damn.

That sucks, glad no one was hurt though. And he's right. When seconds count, cops are 35 minutes away!

Never heard of him. I feel for him, my folks got robbed when i was a kid. And i was the first home to find the busted window. Also glad he came to realize he made some pretty dumb mistakes. The whole time i was watching it i was thinking what a dumb ass. No alarm (there pretty cheap today), clears house alone KNOWING theres guns inside, and not knowing who and how many hes against, leaving guns in a pile of shirts. Lots of fail here on his part. Hope they catch the scum that did it.

They are not going to to blue light and siren to a past break. It does suck how long it can take to a crime in progress but this was far from that. I dont think seconds counted in this case.

This is true. A crime that's already been committed isn't a fast response, as its simply taking a report. Officers would respond when they could-its not a high priority call.
I've watched his videos in the past-he is a resident of Massachusetts? If so, I wasn't aware of that!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Never heard of him. I'm ashamed, I know most famous Youtubers. Damn.

That sucks, glad no one was hurt though. And he's right. When seconds count, cops are 35 minutes away!

Neither have I, but from reviewing his YouTube channel, it's very much apparent that he's a gun guy.

Which, makes me wonder if the break in was simply random, or if the thieves knew he was a gun guy and targeted him.

This is true. A crime that's already been committed isn't a fast response, as its simply taking a report. Officers would respond when they could-its not a high priority call.
I've watched his videos in the past-he is a resident of Massachusetts? If so, I wasn't aware of that!

I think he lives in South Carolina.

In a past video he stated that he was supposed to be on the Pilot episode of Doomsday Preppers but decided not to. He is different from the ones on the show for obvious reasons.

In a past video he stated that he was supposed to be on the Pilot episode of Doomsday Preppers but decided not to. He is different from the ones on the show for obvious reasons.

Yeah, I'm on an outdoors forum he belongs to. He mentioned that-they wanted it completely scripted, to make him seem like some crazy right wing conspiracy guy. Same thing they do with all the others. He refused.

Wow. Just wow.

He shows on the video all the places that they got guns from and where he kept some others... and mentions a video about his hallway mirror.

I then clicked on the hallway mirror video and he proceeds to talk about all the places that they stole guns from; his tshirt pile, on top of his wardrobe, etc.

He might put out good videos, but not very bright if you ask me. I guarantee it wasn't a random break in. They knew right where to look.

Last edited:
I got a feeling he'll be putting out a video on home security, both physical and electronic, real soon.

Yeah, those snowflakes probably locked up their guns when away instead of leaving them in a stack of folded tshirts in a house with no alarm and his dog in a crate.

Last edited:
He did mentioned that he was going to lock up his guns from now on once he leaves the house. Lesson learned I guess [hmmm]

Leaving a pistol stuff in between t-shirts (in his closet) is no different than leaving one in your night stand. And he had one dog out and a puppy in the crate which was useless in this situation anyways even if the pup was out.

I'm not condoning his actions but I think he mentioned (past videos) that he lives some what secluded from others and just took it for granted.

He has 150,000 views of his "Let me tell you where I keep all of my guns" video.

They didn't hit the jewelry box, and didn't toss much of his closet, but they looked through his pile of TShirts, and found his gun hidden behind the crown molding of his wardrobe.

Yeah, it was random.

"Beyond a reasonable doubt?" No, but "more likely than not?" I think so.

Not a good idea to let others know what you have of value in your house. Tell no one. Guy brought it on himself more than likely. Hope he has the brains to not show off his new security system. He may be a good guy but I say he's as dumb as a bag of bricks. [rolleyes]

I feel bad for him. He is a great guy. First started watching his stuff after he shot with nutnfancy a few years back.

I did cringe a little after he did the tour of his home and his gun hiding places… I think he is going to make some changes.

I love his reviews of Bill Frady of lock and load radio's Salient Glocks. Very cool.

It takes a lot of boldness to go out and make video on YouTube. A lot of haters and the risk of what happened here to Sootch.

They didn't get the one behind the molding, he found it still there...tshirt argument is valid. Also he and the cops seem to agree he surprised them and they were probably in the act when he got home...Given time i'm sure they would have found lots more guns. I wonder how old his daughter is if she's keeping a pistol in her room?

I just recently saw the mirror video and as soon as I heard his voice after hitting "play" I thought I knew exactly what I was going to see. This guy kinda had it coming and was lucky if you ask me.

Back
Top Bottom