Youtuber gets in guy's face.....gets shot

A lot of mental gymnastics going on here to support this shooting. Some of you don’t get out all that much.

“OMG there were two of them! He was outnumbered!”

Look I hate shitbirds as much as the next guy but this was about as Wild West a shooting as it gets…

There are definitely a few people on the poles.

I think the general consensus is that most of us would not have shot the guy, but we have no sympathy for the prank guy and thus don’t care that the delivery driver took the legal risk of shooting the guy.

Though, I think the opinions all around, and the legal outcome, would be much different if the prank guy died.

There are definitely a few people on the poles.

I think the general consensus is that most of us would not have shot the guy, but we have no sympathy for the prank guy and thus don’t care that the delivery driver took the legal risk of shooting the guy.

Though, I think the opinions all around, and the legal outcome, would be much different if the prank guy died.
I think there's a simple legal solution to this sort of stupid shit which is making it legal to essentially brandish the same way the police do. Just showing the gun would of more than likely had youtube man running off. Yet as far as I know you can't do that in most places.

His life wasn’t in danger and he deployed lethal force. He should be in jail. He is not a responsible gun owner. He’s the kind of gun owner that gives the rest of us a bad name. Yes, he wanted to be left alone, but he went to defcon1 over a cellphone in his face.
I don't know where I signed a contract to be represented by this guy... please let the class know. This mental masturbation about looking bad because of what someone else does something someone perceives as dumb is just idiotic. By investing in that idea you're only legitimizing the other retards that do it like MADD et al.

Jail? No f****** way never for a million dollars would I ever vote on a jury to send this guy to jail.

I think there's a simple legal solution to this sort of stupid shit which is making it legal to essentially brandish the same way the police do. Just showing the gun would of more than likely had youtube man running off. Yet as far as I know you can't do that in most places.

Wholly agreed. There’s good reason why the animal kingdom is full of posturing before animals fight. Because they don’t want to fight, but need to let the others know they’re not f***ing around.

Displaying a firearm really would put a stop to lots of violent encounters. That said, it would certainly create a few fatal encounters when the other person might then respond by pulling their own firearm in self defense. Overall, I think it would be a net positive in reducing violent interactions and stopping crimes without someone getting shot.

As you say, the police use the technique and nobody questions it.

Wholly agreed. There’s good reason why the animal kingdom is full of posturing before animals fight. Because they don’t want to fight, but need to let the others know they’re not f***ing around.
Displaying a firearm really would put a stop to lots of violent encounters. That said, it would certainly create a few fatal encounters when the other person might then respond by pulling their own firearm in self defense. Overall, I think it would be a net positive in reducing violent interactions and stopping crimes without someone getting shot.
As you say, the police use the technique and nobody questions it.
New Hampshire's "Ward Bird" law has been in place for for over a decade, not one report of "fatal encounters when the other person might then respond by pulling their own firearm in self defense", not even after HB195 added a one-line amendment to RSA 631:3
SB88/2011 & HB195 /2021 said:
RSA 627:9, IV “Non-deadly force” means any assault or confinement which does not constitute deadly force. The act of producing or displaying a weapon shall constitute non-deadly force.

631:3 V The act of displaying a firearm shall not, in and of itself and without additional circumstances, constitute reckless conduct under this section.
So in NH the doordash guy would've been within his rights to brandish -- Doing so would've gotten them both banned from the mall, but that's purely a civil matter.

Look if we are going to push to legalize brandishing don’t forget pistol whipping. After all it is a viable non lethal alternative…

I never understood the humor in pranking a stranger, …….doesn’t this stranger have enough BS to deal with in his daily life without being harassed by some fool with a camera. You don’t know how he will react.

Good pranks that are actually funny and end up making the person you are "pranking" laugh, are great and healthy things. "Pranks" that just consist of scaring or angering people, are stupid.

Yeah the second a team of people block your way stick things inches from your precious eyeballs, won't back away but push forward talking about some Twinkie shit, you can reasonably fear at least possible grievous bodily harm. The second time you stick a device inches from my eyes earns you a free .40 caliber surprise.

Wow, someone admits to carrying .40?

Just my very unprofessional and shitty video opinion, from his reaction after the blaster went bang, it was a purposeful shot to the mid section.
Same here.
Stand your ground doesn’t change the fact that what the bully was doing didn’t rise to the level of threat of death or grave bodily injury.
The delivery driver was retreating, told the person to stop, his hands were full of food, he may have been carrying cash.
A sucker punch can and will kill. There’s a glaring disparity of force between the two individuals (size). Also a second “disparity of force”- It’s 2 on 1.
Yup.
I understand your point of view and agree with you. But that's not the law. The issue is the answer to the question "am I about to die right now?" If you can honestly say yes, then deadly force is legally justified. I don't see how this case rises to that level. Was the shitbird's behavior threatening? Yes, absolutely. But danger of death or grave bodily injury? No.

Do I feel any sympathy for the shitbird? Not in the least.
Am I about to die right now is NOT the legal standard. The standard is grievous bodily injury, which is pretty much any permeant scarring according to Webster's Dictionary and a legal dictionary I used before.

You answered it yourself, I bolded it, he was threatening the shooter. With the disparity of force due to size alone, this should have been a wobbler at best, throw in at least one other person, it should have pushed it over the edge. There's a reason to have USCCA or some other group backing you if you carry. Lawyers know what to say and when, just because you don't need a permit to carry, you should absolutely take a law class or two. Get multiple opinions on how to handle yourself if this happens to you. I also didn't see a whole lot of the after action performed by the shooter, was there other video of him taunting him after he shot? Or did he render aid? A lot missing for me to make an absolute opinion on this one.

Do I think the guy needed to be shot? No, but if you had knocked his teeth in, you'd still be looking at assault, there is no win/win answer to the situation.

I don't know where I signed a contract to be represented by this guy... please let the class know. This mental masturbation about looking bad because of what someone else does something someone perceives as dumb is just idiotic. By investing in that idea you're only legitimizing the other retards that do it like MADD et al.

Jail? No f****** way never for a million dollars would I ever vote on a jury to send this guy to jail.
To be fair, you’d be immediately removed from the pool in jury selection.

OC would have worked great for this, and it would have been a great video for the YouTuber--a real win-win. I think shooter got lucky with the jury verdict on the main charge. I wonder, can you be guilty of "unlawful discharge of a firearm in an occupied dwelling" when that same shooting is legally determined to be self-defense? Or can we interpret the not-guilty verdict on "aggravated malicious wounding" not as an affirmation that the shooting was an act of SD in the first place, just something the prosecution failed to prove?

OC would have worked great for this, and it would have been a great video for the YouTuber--a real win-win. I think shooter got lucky with the jury verdict on the main charge. I wonder, can you be guilty of "unlawful discharge of a firearm in an occupied dwelling" when that same shooting is legally determined to be self-defense? Or can we interpret the not-guilty verdict on "aggravated malicious wounding" not as an affirmation that the shooting was an act of SD in the first place, just something the prosecution failed to prove?
He got the Bernie Goetz treatment, not guilty because of self-defense but convicted on gun possession or firing guns or whatever.

He got the Bernie Goetz treatment, not guilty because of self-defense but convicted on gun possession or firing guns or whatever.

Well possession would be a separate act, so that could make legal sense unless there is a law that specifically prevents it from applying in a case of SD.

Does anybody have a link to a document of the Colie verdict or a video of its reading? Here we're talking about the same act, and it has been claimed by the press and others that the jury agreed that the act was in SD. I'm thinking if that is the case, his conviction on the unlawful discharge will be appealable and will ultimately be overturned. OTOH, if there is no mention of a finding of SD in the verdict, then they could have acquitted him of the malicious wounding charge simply on failure to find proof of malice. In that case, they would be free to convict on unlawful discharge.

Please, for your own legal safety, read Andrew Branca's book the Law of Self Defense.

Self defense law is very similar across the states. You can only use deadly force in response to an immediate threat of death or grave bodily injury. That is just as true in KY as it is in MA or IL or FL or NH.

There are some differences about whether you need to retreat (if it is safe to do so), with that not being required in stand your ground states. But the basics of the law are the same.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ot2lp2a8lWA

Andrew Branca thinks the jury’s verdict was a reasonable one.

I wouldn't of convicted him but I also would not of shot him at that point either. [rofl]

Where are all the fisticuffs guys? Perfect example of one right here and I didn't see anyone saying shit should be settled like the old days....

Didnt read the whole thread. I assumed someone made the hard block joke. With the perp being so tall and hands up high and feet too close Id have kicked his ankles together and taken a double leg to side control to anaconda choke. Then tea bagged him while he slept. Good time for a nice switch kick to the liver too if thats more your thing. Then when hes curled up in a ball thats when you pepper spray him. Make sure to get his hands and butthole.

If he was acquitted on the one charge because they found the shooting to be justified self defense, then the judge ought to to their job and overturn the juries guilty verdict in the shooting in an occupied structure charge. If the shooting is justified self defense, you can’t criminalize it in some other manner.

No, they didn't. They found him not guilty of "aggravated malicious wounding" It's not the same thing as "self defense"

His life wasn’t in danger and he deployed lethal force. He should be in jail. He is not a responsible gun owner. He’s the kind of gun owner that gives the rest of us a bad name. Yes, he wanted to be left alone, but he went to defcon1 over a cellphone in his face.

This part is hilarious given your avatar. :)

OC would have worked great for this, and it would have been a great video for the YouTuber--a real win-win. I think shooter got lucky with the jury verdict on the main charge. I wonder, can you be guilty of "unlawful discharge of a firearm in an occupied dwelling" when that same shooting is legally determined to be self-defense?

Probably not, but it wasn't found to be self defense, he was found not guilty of aggravated malicious wounding"

i.e. "it was clearly self defense" is not the same as, "there's insufficient evidence to convict of the crime he was charged with"

Didnt read the whole thread. I assumed someone made the hard block joke. With the perp being so tall and hands up high and feet too close Id have kicked his ankles together and taken a double leg to side control to anaconda choke. Then tea bagged him while he slept. Good time for a nice switch kick to the liver too if thats more your thing. Then when hes curled up in a ball thats when you pepper spray him. Make sure to get his hands and butthole.
Your theory of force escalation should be taught in police academies.

Back
Top Bottom