Youtuber gets in guy's face.....gets shot

Yeah the second a team of people block your way stick things inches from your precious eyeballs, won't back away but push forward talking about some Twinkie shit, you can reasonably fear at least possible grievous bodily harm. The second time you stick a device inches from my eyes earns you a free .40 caliber surprise.

I'm quoting from the statute and using the terms found within it. You are not. As would the process of this guy had he been assaulted or worse which I imagine was what threw his mind when this punk continued to get in his face, harass and pursue him. Or maybe he thought he was about to be the victim of strong armed robbery which would mean he was justified in his actions.
1B610059-E958-4933-8DC0-499B4658C4C9.gif

Serious physical injury is the same as grave bodily injury. Yes, the behavior was aggressive, but the perp did not commit a felony involving force. Did this threat rise to the level of serious physical injury? In my opinion it did not. The victim should have continued to disengage.

No, he was not found innocent. He was found not guilty. And the process he went through was life changing.
Doesn't need to actually use deadly force - the defender only needs reasonable and objective fear that it will be imminently used.

While I'm saying this facetiously, all the youtube prank idiots who's only pranks are intentionally pissing people off, should be shot. Most of what they do is neither funny nor original. Harmless good natured pranks are great.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Z-wELDFwTc&t=129

Remember a few years back when we had the scary clown pranks. They were shot, pistol whipped, stabbed and beaten. Somehow it all stopped

Few with a carry permit also carry a less lethal option like pepper spray. It's overlooked, not all threats require gunshots to stop, even if the shooting is legal.
I have pepper spray too but am now basically one handed, off hand to boot. So even if I have both someone's day is more likely to end early than just getting hot sauced.

I wouldn't of convicted him but I also would not of shot him at that point either. [rofl]

Where are all the fisticuffs guys? Perfect example of one right here and I didn't see anyone saying shit should be settled like the old days....

YouTube dickhead f***ed around and found out. Delivery guy decided lethal force was necessary (it wasn’t) to deal with YouTube dickhead annoying and harassing him. Ya’all are really displaying some impressive mental gymnastics trying to find a good guy vs a bad guy scenario here. Controversial take - Both are bad guys. Both should be in jail. The most impressive part of this thread was the solid Mod vs Mod battle (Admin vs M1911) getting after it. YouTube Scut Farkus and Grover Dill annoying delivery guy Ralphie by putting a cell phone in his face playing Google translate repeatedly doesn’t come anywhere near “threat of grave or bodily injury“ to justify lethal force in the mall food court. No I’m not shedding a single tear over YouTube dickhead getting shot.

Last edited:
YouTube dickhead f***ed around and found out. Delivery guy decided lethal force was necessary (it wasn’t) to deal with YouTube dickhead annoying and harassing him. Ya’all are really displaying some impressive mental gymnastics trying to find a good guy vs a bad guy scenario here. Controversial take - Both are bad guys. Both should be in jail. The most impressive part of this thread was the solid Mod vs Mod battle (Admin vs M1911) getting after it. YouTube Scut Farkus and Grover Dill annoying delivery guy Ralphie by putting a cell phone in his face playing Google translate repeatedly doesn’t come anywhere near “threat of grave or bodily injury“ to justify lethal force in the mall food court. No I’m not shedding a single tear over YouTube dickhead getting shot.
I don't know but after someone comes within inches of my eyes with their fingers or an object as I back up giving commands, something bad going to happen. If someone did this to your mother wife or kid would you not do anything?

I don't know but after someone comes within inches of my eyes with their fingers or an object as I back up giving commands, something bad going to happen. If someone did this to your mother wife or kid would you not do anything?
Oh, I’d do something. I’d intervene, but drawing and shooting the dickhead would be my last defense I’d only pursue if I thought our lives were in danger.

This.

The shooter definitely doesn't seem as if he's wrapped too tight. I'm all for defending yourself but shooting someone for sticking a phone in your face is pretty unhinged. Not that the Youtuber didn't have it coming. It's pretty obvious from this and his other videos he's a total douche canoe. He isn't getting any sympathy from me.

The whole situation is a perfect example of why you don't go around messing with random people.

That guy was trying to do his job minding his own business,until stupid had to f^*k
with him. Two sad thing came out of this, one the poor guy might have to serve sometime'
and two stupid didn't die.

That guy was trying to do his job minding his own business,until stupid had to f^*k
with him. Two sad thing came out of this, one the poor guy might have to serve sometime'
and two stupid didn't die.
His life wasn’t in danger and he deployed lethal force. He should be in jail. He is not a responsible gun owner. He’s the kind of gun owner that gives the rest of us a bad name. Yes, he wanted to be left alone, but he went to defcon1 over a cellphone in his face.

I love all of the arm chair guys here
Anyone ever take a good beat down from a much larger attacker(s)?
As it begins your thoughts are how do I get away then it's simply cover up and hope they don't kill you.

He was on the wrong side of a disparity of both size and numbers.
While we have hindsight telling us it was a shitty youtube skit, he only knew that he was being assaulted by two determined people, one of which was much larger.
He very well could have had an objective and reasonable fear of grave bodily harm - In addition, none of us knows if he has a medical condition that would make him particularly at risk.

The youtube guys assaulted a person unprovoked for money - they and Youtube should be held accountable for each person assaulted in every video published.

His life wasn’t in danger and he deployed lethal force. He should be in jail. He is not a responsible gun owner. He’s the kind of gun owner that gives the rest of us a bad name. Yes, he wanted to be left alone, but he went to defcon1 over a cellphone in his face.
So you say,but he felt that his life was in danger and as you can see tried to get away.

You’re the reason why “gun owners” on juries are actually worse for defense teams, on average. They put their own rules on the person and judge them more harshly.

Fact, the jury disagreed with you and felt the guy had reason to shoot in self defense.

Also, pretty sure you haven’t seen the video of the entire encounter, only the last 10 seconds.

You’re the reason why “gun owners” on juries are actually worse for defense teams, on average. They put their own rules on the person and judge them more harshly.

Fact, the jury disagreed with you and felt the guy had reason to shoot in self defense.

Also, pretty sure you haven’t seen the video of the entire encounter, only the last 10 seconds.
Yes, I saw the video. It’s over 5:34 long. The shooter is not in the first 5+ minutes of it. Makes the shooter look worse.

I understand your point of view and agree with you. But that's not the law. The issue is the answer to the question "am I about to die right now?" If you can honestly say yes, then deadly force is legally justified. I don't see how this case rises to that level. Was the shitbird's behavior threatening? Yes, absolutely. But danger of death or grave bodily injury? No.

Lol that's still pretty subjective, imho the "law" is dog shit. Especially considering people get put in the hospital from being punched or even knocked down. Especially if they happen to be standing on a hard surface. Peoples skulls are resilient but most don't do well after bouncing off pavement. Guy is taller than him? Throw in a perceived disparity of force, too. This isn't two adult males sparring in mutual combat here or a 4 yr old hugging a strangers leg.... 🤣

I wouldn't of convicted him but I also would not of shot him at that point either. [rofl]

Where are all the fisticuffs guys? Perfect example of one right here and I didn't see anyone saying shit should be settled like the old days....
I think part of the problem with the fisticuffs thing is this isn't some traditional form of mutual combat faggotry that you would see. There was nothing to "settle" the shooter was 150% minding his own business until the shitbag showed up and got in his face.

A lot of mental gymnastics going on here to support this shooting. Some of you don’t get out all that much.

“OMG there were two of them! He was outnumbered!”

Look I hate shitbirds as much as the next guy but this was as much of a Wild West shooting as it gets…

I think part of the problem with the fisticuffs thing is this isn't some traditional form of mutual combat faggotry that you would see. There was nothing to "settle" the shooter was 150% minding his own business until the shitbag showed up and got in his face.
Yeah I agree I am mostly making fun of the recent trend here.

A lot of mental gymnastics going on here to support this shooting. Some of you don’t get out all that much.

“OMG there were two of them! He was outnumbered!”

Look I hate shitbirds as much as the next guy but this was about as Wild West a shooting as it gets…
If I reacted this way to people in my teens and 20s I would of shot a million people.

Back
Top Bottom