• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Your New Knife!

Nevermind! It was in the mail box! When I searched Kabar in my email I only got the order confirmation. I had to search Ka-Bar for the tracking...

This thing is hysterical. Such a beast. Shorter than I thought but that's actually better. Will be replacing the BK2 in my car.
View attachment 687872
Nice, I was thinking about grabbing one of those for the car myself. Sweet choice.

From the recent Ka-Barapalooza…

View attachment 687847

Ek EK50 and Navy Mk 1 with the kraton handle.

They both feel indestructible. The Ek, in particular, has some really nice heft to it. Pair of nice, handy little blades, and for 50% off they were outstanding deals.

How do you like the Kraton handle?

How do you like the Kraton handle?

It's unusual, but only because I've not owned one before. I wanted something different from the stacked leather on this one. It's got a nice mix of squeeziness and solidity.

Part of what makes this handle so comfortable is the shape, obviously; Ka-Bar knows what it's doing there. But I feel this one wouldn't lose any of its grippiness even if it were soaked.

It's unusual, but only because I've not owned one before. I wanted something different from the stacked leather on this one. It's got a nice mix of squeeziness and solidity.

Part of what makes this handle so comfortable is the shape, obviously; Ka-Bar knows what it's doing there. But I feel this one wouldn't lose any of its grippiness even if it were soaked.

Great. I was curious how it felt texture wise. I agree that they nailed the handle years ago.

@ddp335 your new nickname here in "Knives" shall be...

"Top Shelf"...

Your taste in knives is excellent. [thumbsup]
~Enbloc

Do you trust those snap lock leather sheaths for the 110/112? I got one with my 110 but I feel like I'll unknowingly snag it on a branch opening it and lose the knife someday.

Carried a 110 for years in one, never failed.
Still carry one EDC-belt. If anything, the snap is as strong as the day I got it. Buck's leather and stitching is as durable as a patrolman's rig.

1669165195478.png

I also keep a 110 slim in a cordura sheath. Super light combo that is tough as hell...

1669165278796.png

Monkeys Edge has some amazing customs….and your knife is one of them.
I bought a knife from them a few years ago as a gift, it arrived, had some issues with finish and size out of the box so I contacted them to return it. Customer service guy was a total dick about returning it. Nothing custom or special ordered, just a little neck knife, he basically turned it into an argument over a simple return. They lost me over that one.

I bought a knife from them a few years ago as a gift, it arrived, had some issues with finish and size out of the box so I contacted them to return it. Customer service guy was a total dick about returning it. Nothing custom or special ordered, just a little neck knife, he basically turned it into an argument over a simple return. They lost me over that one.
Wtf that’s terrible!

Wtf that’s terrible!
Ya a simple return of a non custom or special order item should be as painless as the ordering process. It was not.

They do have some great looking stuff, no denying that, but for that type of money I expect more on the service side of it. It is what it is. Could’ve been a one off bad day for the guy but it still stuck with me til this day so I’m still on team f*** them.

Does anyone have a suggestion for titanium anodizing services? I finally pulled the trigger on a Boker Kwaiken Compact and would like the scale or backspacer anodized.

Here’s the new toys, um I mean tools
Cold steel, Code 4 with CPMS35v steel
The other is a Cold Steel SR1 Lite with 8CR14MOV steel.

I must say the fit and finish on the code 4 is fantastic for a sub 100$ knife. It is only 1 ounce heavier then my prior EDC I am replacing.
Currently it was a (Bench made mini Barrage)
While I love the bench made it is just to small in my hand. Couple that along with its tapered triangle type handle and it wants to slid up and out of my hand.

The Code for is solid as hell and fits my hand really good and I have great control with it. Plus it’s thinner and seems to melt into my pocket better as well.

The SR1 lite I got for a work knife for $35 I can abuse it when needed and not cringe

Back
Top Bottom