Your holster/belt rig recommendations

I just recently in Jan picked up a Glock 22 and finally got around to ordering a Milt Sparks Summer Special 2 holster. Should be here this week. Look forward to buying a few more holsters for it

Granted the G22 isn't the most concealable pistol, I know that when it comes to holsters, quality counts. I have NOT bought a proper belt yet, so I won't be CC til I do.

(Also, am planning on getting a S&W 642 and G27 or G36 so those would be my primary CCW when I get them)

However there were many options that I was looking at as far as types of concealable holsters; retention, cross-draw, ankle, bellybands, pancake, paddle....etc.
I researched many makers and read Massad Ayoob's excellent Gun Digest Book of Concealed Carry. I feel more knowledgeable about the subject but still a complete novice as I haven't CC yet!!

I am not trying to get people to reveal what and where they carry, and I would advise people responding to think about that before they post, but I would like an idea of what holsters/belts/methods you guys have used with success, as well as utter failure[grin]

I don't want to waste money on systems that I won't be happy with, but I know some is inevitable.

So what works for you or people that you know?

Thursday I picked up the Galco X Project Holster System for my S&W 1911. I've been using a BlackHawk holster for hip carry and although it's a nice holster, I was always concerned about wearing a jacket long enough. Got it from OpticsPlanet.net with free shipping. It's nice and sturdy and has great support. I've had it on all day today and it's quite comfortable. I wore it under a t-shirt and clipped the holster on over it. I haven't tried any other shoulder holster systems, but this one is awesome!!!

Hope this helps. here's a link:

http://www.usgalco.com/HolsterPT3.asp?ProductID=3337&CatalogID=2

Steve

I've checked out opticsplanet.net before for Surefire forend grips for Mossberg 500's. I will give them another look today and see what else they got

I like Tucker and Matt Del Fatti products.

Tucker has a wait list but doesn't charge you till it ships. I waited and well worth it.

I was lucky more than once with Del Fattis products and got a couple in stock items.

Both are top quality, holster and belt makers.

I would recommend a beltman belt. Expensive but well worth it. Love mine! http://www.thebeltman.net/

Hey jpdopes, I just ordered one of these, how long did it take. It doesn't give a timeline on the website. I'm glad to hear you like it, because I don't like IWB. Thanks

Edit: How form fitting is the holster area, could it be used on different guns of similar size. Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom